Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 02:07 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I meet single, never married, no kids, college educated professional women (in shape at that) in their mid 30s to mid 40s every single darn week even after moving to a third/fourth tier city. They're not hard to find.
Those are a lot of check boxes to tick and yet every week your're meeting one??? I bet you also got some beach front property in AZ you wanna sublet out too.

Stats for this just aren't in your favor unless your dating from childfree websites. If your trying to say you're meeting all these women in real life once week at least??? I really ain't buying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 02:23 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I agree, 27 is the perfect age for a guy..even the early 30's can be excellent. This is clearly a case of doing something wrong since they are in a semi normal metro. I would love to go back and be able to date at 27 again, I had a gf at the time but she was not right for me and I squandered some years, ah hindsight.
Agreed.

I'm in my mid 20's (26), and I think my late 20's-early 30's will be my prime dating years for sure. Especially when I end up getting my own place in NYC.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:46 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
Where did you meet her?
We were walking out of the same building at school and I held the door open for her. After that I introduced myself to her, after a brief conversation she gave me her number. She was really nice and I was shocked she was single but if I didn't make a move, someone else would've done it.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:15 PM

696 posts, read 905,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
We were walking out of the same building at school and I held the door open for her. After that I introduced myself to her, after a brief conversation she gave me her number. She was really nice and I was shocked she was single but if I didn't make a move, someone else would've done it.
Do you go to the same school as her?

Old 09-27-2017, 10:59 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
Do you go to the same school as her?
Yup. We don't have the same classes but she seemed like a nice woman so I introduced myself. So far I don't regret doing so.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:13 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
I thought you quit holding doors for women, cuz they can do it themselves and that one started hollering at you. I can find that if you want.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:55 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Those are a lot of check boxes to tick and yet every week your're meeting one??? I bet you also got some beach front property in AZ you wanna sublet out too.

Stats for this just aren't in your favor unless your dating from childfree websites. If your trying to say you're meeting all these women in real life once week at least??? I really ain't buying it.

OKC, Tinder, Bumble. I meet them in real life too, met one last Saturday at The Spits show in Providence. She's super cool. Very much an activist, and obviously has good taste in music. Don't think that will be more than a friendship though, but that's cool with me.

What check boxes? Educated professional, progressive, some things in common. What more would I need than that to want to meet someone and chat? I don't look for child free women, that's just who I mostly (though not exclusively) meet... they're quite common in that demographic. Very common. The ones that married young and had kids tend to be less well educated, less progressive, and more often non professionals, and often don't live in the urban core, so Im not meeting them randomly or when looking.

They're all over. Meeting another one tomorrow for drinks before a show at AS220.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
You should get into business of introducing them to the troubled population of CD forums. For a small fee of course
I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:45 AM

1,199 posts, read 731,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Yeah. How attractive they are is another story.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:25 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,775 times
There are tons of single girls out there, especially in bit cities. Out here in LA it's easy to get dates left and right if you really want to.

With apps like POF, tinder, okc, I could have had several new dates on a weekly basis if I had the time for it. I had turn some down because of time constraints and dates with other women.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:29 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
Yeah. How attractive they are is another story.
True, most guys have a specific type they go for. I don't have that issue. I've dated all ages, races, creeds, and different body types, so that gives me plenty of options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships