Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 10:32 PM

102,197 posts, read 107,842,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Investigate where the Bausch Lomb, Xerox, Kodak, Paychex young employees hang out doing post work type activities as well as the post grads medical dental music types at the fine universities. Even though many move away there are those who stay and they are not all married, although I will acknowledge you may have many still single but who are in relationships.

Yours is a good example where strategic internet dating / meet up type activities combined with getting out and about and hanging out may put you in their trajectory / sphere.

Put a limited profile OLD and suggest fun things like bicycle the canal paths, a lazy day by chimney bluffs park, enjoying the festivals in the canal towns, classic cinema at the Curtis Theater (insert whatever) etc.. and see what you may encounter.

Don't underestimate the Wegman's prepared foods section in a nice area! It might be a good way to spot a single female in your age range. The approach is up to you.

Good luck.
This kind of brainstorming is what's needed. I think it's fairly common that 20-somethings don't realize that getting out there and finding potential dating partners takes a lot of effort, figuring out how/where to put yourself out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 10:56 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,642,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
I am 27 now, and it seems to get harder and harder to meet someone as I got older. By my early 20's it seems most girls I met were already in relationship and by my age most of them are married or in a serious long term relationship. I imagine by the time I am 30 the number of single girls will be almost 0. It seems to me like the only girls who are actually single and without kids are 18-20 years old. Any single girls I do happen to meet who are my age are single mothers with kids (not that theres anything wrong with that but it's not what I am looking for). Are there actually single girls without kids my age?
You are dealing with the same problem I saw in Tallahassee. Here is the pattern:.

1. The "Deep South" has a culture of marrying at an extremely young age shortly after high school
or college in the context of the "Bible Belt" Protestant expectations. The "hot college girl" you see at
the campus gym at FSU, Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss, TN, Clemson, etc. will likely be married by the age of 23.
2. Obviously, young marriages are at high risk for divorce. So the pattern of young marriages leads to faiure
many times.
3. By the mid to late 20s, there are not that many "young single women" who are not married, not engaged, or
not single with children.
4. The early marriages lead to a high divorce rate. The failure rate of marriages in the "Deep South" is 2nd only to Las Vegas.

The net effect is that single, unattached, "not-in-a-serious-relationship" women without children beyond age 25 are rare in places like Tallahassee or the "Deep South" of the "Bible Belt". They are practically non-existent.

The "single women" of the area in their mid 20s and beyond are usually single mothers. So the "hot southern belle" at the FSU campus gym will likely get married by age 23 and divorced by age 30. Then in her 30s she will likely be a single mom in a series of failed relationships. It's very common.

So how to avoid this problem? Just move. There are places where there are older, single women without children who did not rush into marriage. Examples include New York, DC, Orlando/Tampa, etc. The key is location integrated with demographics to maximize the "target market".

I moved back to Phoenix, AZ. I don't have to worry about the dating disasters of the college town in the "Deep South" anymore. It is true that the "southern belles" are very beautiful at places like FSU, Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, etc. But they tend to marry far too young and get divorced as single moms by their 30s.
Divorce Rates Highest in the South

FSU law professor fought ex-wife in the courts until murderous end - Sun Sentinel

http://deadspin.com/jimbo-and-candi-...ced-1750378988

So just move if you want better odds!!!!

Last edited by grad_student200; 09-22-2017 at 11:09 PM..

Old 09-23-2017, 09:25 AM

9 posts, read 8,361 times
There are a ton of single girls 27+ with no kids. The problem is that they're more than likely to be highly educated/picky at that age. Either that or they have some sort of red flag going on. If you're looking for women exclusively online, then women that age will most certainly be a single mom looking for a meal ticket.

I'm in your exact same situation.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:57 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Yes, I've met a few of them.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:00 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,934,050 times
Quote:
I am 27 now, and it seems to get harder and harder to meet someone as I got older. By my early 20's it seems most girls I met were already in relationship and by my age most of them are married or in a serious long term relationship. I imagine by the time I am 30 the number of single girls will be almost 0. It seems to me like the only girls who are actually single and without kids are 18-20 years old. Any single girls I do happen to meet who are my age are single mothers with kids (not that theres anything wrong with that but it's not what I am looking for). Are there actually single girls without kids my age?
Sorry to be negative but it gets worse in your 30s. College is the ideal place to meet people.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:01 PM

52,223 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Sorry to be negative but it gets worse in your 30s. College is the ideal place to meet people.
Of course it gets worse. Some 80 percent of women have kids by the time their are 40 ish. Those aren't good stats for someone is looking to meet a childfree woman. Add on top of that the other basic traits someone may be looking for, so in other words if you're pushing 40 your chances of meeting a childfree woman that you are attracted to and have mutual interest is getting close to the same odds of winning the lotto.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:19 PM

696 posts, read 904,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
You are dealing with the same problem I saw in Tallahassee. Here is the pattern:.

1. The "Deep South" has a culture of marrying at an extremely young age shortly after high school
or college in the context of the "Bible Belt" Protestant expectations. The "hot college girl" you see at
the campus gym at FSU, Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss, TN, Clemson, etc. will likely be married by the age of 23.
2. Obviously, young marriages are at high risk for divorce. So the pattern of young marriages leads to faiure
many times.
3. By the mid to late 20s, there are not that many "young single women" who are not married, not engaged, or
not single with children.
4. The early marriages lead to a high divorce rate. The failure rate of marriages in the "Deep South" is 2nd only to Las Vegas.

The net effect is that single, unattached, "not-in-a-serious-relationship" women without children beyond age 25 are rare in places like Tallahassee or the "Deep South" of the "Bible Belt". They are practically non-existent.

The "single women" of the area in their mid 20s and beyond are usually single mothers. So the "hot southern belle" at the FSU campus gym will likely get married by age 23 and divorced by age 30. Then in her 30s she will likely be a single mom in a series of failed relationships. It's very common.

So how to avoid this problem? Just move. There are places where there are older, single women without children who did not rush into marriage. Examples include New York, DC, Orlando/Tampa, etc. The key is location integrated with demographics to maximize the "target market".

I moved back to Phoenix, AZ. I don't have to worry about the dating disasters of the college town in the "Deep South" anymore. It is true that the "southern belles" are very beautiful at places like FSU, Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, etc. But they tend to marry far too young and get divorced as single moms by their 30s.
Divorce Rates Highest in the South

FSU law professor fought ex-wife in the courts until murderous end - Sun Sentinel

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu

So just move if you want better odds!!!!
What's the dating scene like in Phoenix, AZ?

Old 09-23-2017, 04:24 PM

696 posts, read 904,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Just go back and get your master's, OP.
I had thought of going back to school. I tried going to a local college here 2 years ago but I have joint problems, and I had to leave after a week because walking around the large campus was too painful for me.

Old 09-23-2017, 05:04 PM

102,197 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
I had thought of going back to school. I tried going to a local college here 2 years ago but I have joint problems, and I had to leave after a week because walking around the large campus was too painful for me.
Get a Segway! Not need to have joint problems get in the way of your education and career advancement.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 09-23-2017 at 05:20 PM..

Old 09-23-2017, 08:34 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Get a Segway! Not need to have joint problems get in the way of your education and career advancement.
A Segway wouldn't really help him attract 22-year-olds, unfortunately.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships