Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 02:13 PM

426 posts, read 352,107 times

Advertisements

[quote=CBeisbol;50149023]Because makeup, like clothing, is more for the person wearing it than it is for anyone else.

I like how it looks on me. It’s like art in a way you get to play around with different colors and styles but I also don’t mind if I don’t wear any makeup sometimes. I like to look like myself especially my ID, if I don’t match the picture on my ID then I would be screwed lol. I wouldn’t want to fool anyway if I looked like an optical illusion drawing lines on my face or something to make it appear bigger or smaller that’s why I don’t do that contouring stuff.

I have seen a few women who over do it with that and you would think they are different people with and without makeup. I think that can be a bit much but I guess as long as they are happy that way and find someone who will accept them with or without makeup that is what matters.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:27 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambouchier View Post
It's because at that age they don't need to attract males with their looks...
That women wear makeup just to attract men is just a flat-out sexist assumption.

Quote:
Because it is visually enticing to men. And if you want to lie and say that they do it for themselves, fine, I'll play along. Let's say that's true.
You can't just say something is a lie when you have no argument. I still want to know why you think you have special knowledge of women.

Quote:
Why do you hate men so much?
Why do you think I hate men?

Old 11-16-2017, 02:35 PM

21 posts, read 20,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That women wear makeup just to attract men is just a flat-out sexist assumption.
Sure, "anything I don't like is sexist".

Women do wear make up to attract men, at least here on planet Earth. But again, even if were to play along with you, doesn't change the fact that men are distracted by it.

Unless, of course, you think women are too stupid to instinctively know this and understand it. Do you? Do you think women are that stupid?

Old 11-16-2017, 02:40 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:

Women do wear make up to attract men, at least here on planet Earth. But again, even if were to play along with you, doesn't change the fact that men are distracted by it.

Unless, of course, you think women are too stupid to instinctively know this and understand it. Do you? Do you think women are that stupid?
Ok, see, this is not how you argue a point. You are engaging in what is called an ad hominem attack.

That IS a sexist thought. The assumption that women only do something for the sake of men is the definition of sexist.

You don't just give up and begin throwing false accusations, like I don't like men or I think women are stupid, when you can't think of anything else to say.

Besides, you refuse to answer any questions about the ridiculous claims you've made (which really just sound like pick-up lines FYI) about having "inside knowledge" of how women think, so I'm done messing with you.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:52 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
The idea that women choose to wear makeup (or certain clothing, for that matter) simply to attract men, is laughable and wrong.

I know lesbians who wear makeup. I know asexuals who wear makeup. I know drag queens (and at least one king, too) who put us all to shame with their makeup artistry. And I know what it feels like to be able to look in a mirror when I've got myself dressed up, and made up, and like what I see. When I know I look really good, I feel better about myself. And yes, having other people notice this (men or women, even when I am not trying to attract anyone and would reject any advances upon my person outright) simply feels good. I dismiss anyone's attempts to invalidate that or act like it's a bad thing, "just looking for validation and attention and flattery" because that is part of being HUMAN. We are social creatures and we like affirmations of our appeal and value from others. It feels good. Period, full stop.

Plenty of women who are for whatever reason not trying to attract anyone, wear makeup all the same.

The reasons little girls don't?

1. They do if they are allowed to, such as playing dress up at home.
2. They don't have the skills and would look like little clowns.
3. Parents don't let them. Parents are protective.

Do many men think that makeup makes a woman look more attractive? Certainly, sure. That does not mean it's the only reason women do it. Crazy additional fun fact: I actually wear yoga pants because they're comfortable. I wear them at home, not out in public. I know men like to look at women wearing them, but that isn't why I own a few pairs. I sleep in them. The fact that my boyfriend likes them is just a bonus.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
The fact that my boyfriend likes them is just a bonus.
Just a coincidence I'm sure.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:07 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
Just a coincidence I'm sure.
Since I had the pants before I had the man and they are for wearing at home...yeah. A happy coincidence, since finding things that please him do make me happy, but a coincidence all the same.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:11 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:

Particular women may or may not wear makeup to attract a man, but I would say it is a small minority for whom that is the PRIMARY reason.

Most men are clueless about makeup other than saying they "like the natural look" Then they find out the woman they think doesn't wear makeup is actually made up to look "natural"! So guys don't really know what they are looking at unless it is extreme.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
guys don't really know what they are looking at unless it is extreme.
Oh they do now.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:42 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,034,249 times
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life
Ok, see, this is not how you argue a point. You are engaging in what is called an ad hominem attack.

That IS a sexist thought. The assumption that women only do something for the sake of men is the definition of sexist.

You don't just give up and begin throwing false accusations, like I don't like men or I think women are stupid, when you can't think of anything else to say.

Besides, you refuse to answer any questions about the ridiculous claims you've made (which really just sound like pick-up lines FYI) about having "inside knowledge" of how women think, so I'm done messing with you.

Quote:
Ok first of all, calm down.

You say that saying that women wear make up to attract men is sexist. But guess what, they do. It's a fact. If facts are now sexist, and if anyone who disagrees with your highness is sexist, then so be it. This is how it works here on planet Earth. Get used to it.

Actually you've demonstrated that you think men are superficial and that women are too stupid to know that men are visual.

Psss...that's sexist. On both counts. See ya.

No. That's not what she said. She said assuming women wear make up ONLY FOR MEN was sexist. There's a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships