Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2018, 03:35 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Hey, like I said, get on with your bad self, as long as it doesn't enter the world of your wife and kids. No need to defend, it's all good.
Wife knows everything. (Of course, I don't expose my children to inappropriate topics) There is a post on how we met. She knows my friends and agreed that they are a part of my life.. no demands were made to drop them from my life. One of the working ladies in my group (also my exGF) was present when we got married. She was present when we had children. She was also present when I needed support when our marriage began to fail.

Goes back to what Sonic_Spork said... they are people. There is no "bad self".. here... it would imply these are bad people. They may have made different choices than you or I. That I can agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 04:35 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
There is no "bad self".. here... it would imply these are bad people.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...o%20bad%20self

Old 02-07-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Ah.... lol. Now I feel old.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:15 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Wife knows everything. (Of course, I don't expose my children to inappropriate topics) There is a post on how we met. She knows my friends and agreed that they are a part of my life.. no demands were made to drop them from my life. One of the working ladies in my group (also my exGF) was present when we got married. She was present when we had children. She was also present when I needed support when our marriage began to fail.

Goes back to what Sonic_Spork said... they are people. There is no "bad self".. here... it would imply these are bad people. They may have made different choices than you or I. That I can agree.
No need to overshare.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:37 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
No need to overshare.
I know you prefer when posters not get too personal (overshare) like that, but someone made him feel put on the spot with, "so long as you're keeping it out of the lives of your wife and kids" and he was trying to paint a more accurate picture, compared to the NOT very accurate one he felt people were assuming.

Not really seeing where it's oversharing, or he's obligated to just let people judge him and misinterpret his reality. I know we don't see eye to eye on this (you and I, zentropa) but I would rather overshare (obviously lol) than let people assume things and judge me for them. Judge me if you will, but do it based on what's actually going on, not on what you imagine, that isn't.

I respect you a lot, your posts are often among the smart, awesome, reasonable, or funny. Not trying to snipe at ya, in the slightest. Just want to 'splain the mentality a little. It's not so much a desire to shock people as it is a defense against what I described above, usually, combined with a general lack of shame.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Judge me if you will, but do it based on what's actually going on, not on what you imagine, that isn't.

Judge me for who I am not who others make me out to be.

Old 02-08-2018, 02:25 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
I'll answer with a question: is it that easy to find a new woman every couple months to have casual sex with?
It’s probably not that hard. Plenty of desperate ones out there at 1:30 am sitting at a bar. Hell im
married and I have women flirting with me. Not that I would do anything but if I wanted to the invitation is there. Lots of women go on fishing expeditions when talking to guys

I could get more strange now than when I was in my 20s. And it wasn’t hard to get it then. I know plenty of 40/50 yo guys who are getting 23/27 year olds. They are under no delusion it’s anything more than a sugar daddy thing but hey whatever works for them. Getting sex isn’t hard to do today. Assuming you’re reasonably ok looking you’ll get laid No relationship is needed.

Last edited by Electrician4you; 02-08-2018 at 02:39 PM..

Old 02-08-2018, 05:13 PM

45 posts, read 27,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainsofmisery View Post
I have a friend, single, 49 and retired. Rides a bike 15,000 miles a year and every time I call him he is playing video games. I have not asked of course but I suspect he is a virgin. Weird personality that women find creepy and not attractive. Smart guy who had a good job, lived a frugal lifestyle, saved and retired early. Seems to enjoy himself.
Sounds like my kind of life.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:19 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,777,024 times
What I don't get is why you don't get the concept of not needing a relationship to have sex. It is now easier for people to hook up more than ever before. I would not be surprised if more people in the future will be like this guy.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:12 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,318,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Rhetorical question:

Was chatting with a guy, 40 years old, single no kids, decent job, never been in a relationship longer than a couple of months. Nothing special looks-wise, doesn't seem to be a player either. Didn't strike me as someone who has an endless stream of women willing to have no-strings sex with.

How does sex work in this context? To me, seems like, as a young man, he has been either:
a. "hiring" women
b. has had someone steady on the side to have sex with outside of relationship
c. low sex drive

This is probably wrong and/or simplistic... But I can't help but wonder

Thoughts?
You forgot

d) none of the above

Quote:
Originally Posted by The joker2 View Post
Sounds like my kind of life.
It's not a bad thing for anyone (man or woman) to realize, for whatever reason(s) that they simply don't want or need to be in a relationship longer than a couple of months or never, and as far as "an endless stream of women (or men) willing to have no-strings sex with", that situation can create endless possibilities of life going wrong in so many directions I don't even want to open that 'Pandora's box'.

Better to remain single without all the, how shall I say it (?) accoutrements of a couple (married or otherwise), start a family and perhaps have it be dissolved for whatever reasons.

Far better to be single and not ruin one's life, the life of another as well as any children who could be born of the relationship.

But then again, it is a 'rhetorical question'. So I suppose I have offered a 'rhetorical answer'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships