Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2018, 11:16 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
Well, if all women reacted like you to adult male virgins, then why would you be surprised that they are still virgins. In most cases they are virgins because you pretended that they never existed to begin with. Dig?
No. That's not why they're still virgins. It's not because Specific Woman X ignored them. We ALL get ignored from time to time. Some of us are chronically ignored - including women. We stay in the shadows, or we do something about it. If some random woman refuses to pull some unappealing (to her) dude out of the shadows and give him a pity first-time, that's NOT on her. Sorry, it's just not. It's not womankind's job to devirginate guys they don't find appealing (for whatever reason). In fact, when it IS the woman's job, there's a name for that. Dig?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 11:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I understood what you were getting at and it's the same reason I often feel the need to bring some people teetering on the Red Pill edge back to reality.

Because if not the consequences can be scary. They HAVE been deadly, in the past, on a few occasions. I don't think there's info on this particular tragedy yet. However, I get what you were saying, and I think a lot of us here do and I believe that's why we post here in the first place. For that percentage that COULD get help instead of swallowing extremism views, and then hate building until it's dangerous.

Yeah, the social isolationism, the depression, the lack of people to talk to, then far too often finding similarly depressed individuals in these niches of the web where dark narratives are reinforced over and over until it explodes. Not good. Our society is really really horrible at dealing with these people that need help.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, the social isolationism, the depression, the lack of people to talk to, then far too often finding similarly depressed individuals in these niches of the web where dark narratives are reinforced over and over until it explodes. Not good. Our society is really really horrible at dealing with these people that need help.
Agree 100% with the dealing-with part. And it always has been, but today, as you say, there are ways to reach out even from one's basement to find others to help fan the flames and bring things to the boiling point.

Weirdly though, because there is an internet now, such people are less isolated than ever before. They can reach out and be heard, by somebody. Even from the throne tapping on a phone a person can be "heard" by and make contact with thousands of people, with the push of a few thumbs on letters. Isolation in this regard is at an alltime low for people who would in the old days have literally been alone, as in - NOBODY to speak to, period, in any way.

So it really is just all very odd. Able to reach out enough to confirm via a few more outliers that it's FINE and in fact "superior" to be a social outcast and feel murderous hatred. It's a dangerous place for society to be, for sure.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:20 AM

336 posts, read 195,483 times
Quote:
No. That's not why they're still virgins. It's not because Specific Woman X ignored them. We ALL get ignored from time to time. Some of us are chronically ignored - including women. We stay in the shadows, or we do something about it. If some random woman refuses to pull some unappealing (to her) dude out of the shadows and give him a pity first-time, that's NOT on her. Sorry, it's just not. It's not womankind's job to devirginate guys they don't find appealing (for whatever reason). In fact, when it IS the woman's job, there's a name for that. Dig?
Yeah well, perhaps if 80% of men weren't completely ignored, there wouldnt be so many male virgins running around. Average woman will be hit on and propositioned many times in a year. An average guy can remain invisible for his entire life. That is how female hypergamy has huge impact on creating 40 year old virgins. You need to me to lay out the statistics and realities for you, again?

Old 02-15-2018, 11:20 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Agree 100%. And it always has been, but today, as you say, there are ways to reach out even from one's basement to find others to help fan the flames and bring things to the boiling point.

Weirdly though, because there is an internet now, such people are less isolated than ever before. They can reach out and be heard, by somebody.

So it really is just all very odd.

Sure, really these people have always existed, but it was much harder to avoid interacting with people in the past, and yeah, these very uncommon depressed recluses were rarely able to find one another. It is so odd.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:23 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
What worries me is...

We all want something to be done, to prevent these kinds of tragedies from occurring. Some say, gun laws are the answer. I don't know. I see both sides of that...like sure, some countries with different laws might not have such things happening, and granted I have never in my life felt like a situation would be better if only someone were there with a gun. Never. And the gun people I know, have never (not in uniform) used their firearm to stand up and protect themselves or anyone else. They take them to the range, maybe they hunt...but they have not had occasion to use them for home defense or anything. However... I absolutely do recognize that there is something deep and sacred to the founding of our nation that gun ownership is, well, it's part of what it's supposed to be, to be an American, to have that freedom. So I get it, I get both sides of it. That's a tough argument.

So then what is the alternative? Dealing with the individuals who do such things. Trying to see the signs before they strike. Well, that's kind of disturbing and problematic sometimes, too. Who gets to judge who is really a possible danger and who is not? What level of prying and scrutiny will all of us have to live with, to make those determinations? Will all "odd" people be looked at sideways as likely killers waiting to happen? Because frankly, that upsets me. Not only because I embrace a lot of oddity myself, but my god I have known so many sweet, loving, harmless, bright souls who come off to people who don't know them better, as odd, or weird or strange. Again, who gets to judge these things? And how do we handle it, if someone manages to flag as a possible threat?

I mean, my ex was no 40 year old virgin, but he is one of the least stable human beings I've ever had to deal with on an ongoing basis. He's taken antidepressants, he's been in therapy, he's threatened to harm himself and others. But until he DOES SOMETHING, no one gets to take his guns, they'll pry them outta his cold dead hands and so on and so forth. I mean he is more likely than anyone I personally know, to be a mass shooter. But until/unless he does... Nothing can be done. And it could reasonably be argued, that MY OPINION is not remotely enough, or the right one to make such a call, because I am after all, his ex wife!

Old 02-15-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
Yeah well, perhaps if 80% of men weren't completely ignored, there wouldnt be so many male virgins running around. Average woman will be hit on and propositioned many times in a year. An average guy can remain invisible for his entire life. That is how female hypergamy has huge impact on creating 40 year old virgins. You need to me to lay out the statistics and realities for you, again?
Well, thank God 80% of men aren't ignored! In fact, the overwhelming majority of men will be married in their lifetime, and 50% are married by age 29. So I'm here to happily report that this is not an issue.

As for realities v. statistics, luckily, I have my feet (for going out my door) and my eyes (for looking around and seeing people) to round things out.

Surely you're not telling us that 80% of males, say, for example, in your family (since you're stating 80% across the board) are completely ignored by women? No dates? At Thanksgiving, do you have a huge 80% large table where the single sad men sit looking unhappy and physically uncomfortable, and then the women and children are all at a tiny 20% table with one Alpha male?

BTW, if you'd like people to lay off statistics, you may want to NOT lead with "80% of..." Just a tip. But since you offered, yes, a link to stats would be fine. If you're curious/if you need mine, they are here, from the CDC.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:44 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
I understood what you were getting at and it's the same reason I often feel the need to bring some people teetering on the Red Pill edge back to reality.

Because if not the consequences can be scary. They HAVE been deadly, in the past, on a few occasions. I don't think there's info on this particular tragedy yet. However, I get what you were saying, and I think a lot of us here do and I believe that's why we post here in the first place. For that percentage that COULD get help instead of swallowing extremism views, and then hate building until it's dangerous.
I know you would understand what I meant because we both seem to have the same theory of suspecting we are watching extremists with the tendency towards violence in the making. Filled with hate. Unlike the shy awkward man I see at work whos very nicely dressed, puts his head down and his cheeks turn red when he sees me. He isn't able to make a conversation with me, but he always seems to smile a little and make eye contact, maybe he thinks I'M nuts. There's nothing foreboding about him... he's just shy.

All one can do is stand by...and know their exits I guess.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:31 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,093,849 times
Quote:
No. That's not why they're still virgins. It's not because Specific Woman X ignored them. We ALL get ignored from time to time. Some of us are chronically ignored - including women. We stay in the shadows, or we do something about it. If some random woman refuses to pull some unappealing (to her) dude out of the shadows and give him a pity first-time, that's NOT on her. Sorry, it's just not. It's not womankind's job to devirginate guys they don't find appealing (for whatever reason).

I agree that "It's not womankind's job to devirginate" the guys that are not appealing to them. But I think most women do not understand the strong desire/need for sex in most guys in their late teens/early twentieth. They don't understand that if they are constantly rejected by women, this could create extreme anger and depression and a desire for revenge(for some). I think most women find this either untrue or amusing. This still does not mean that women own sex to anyone they don't like of course. It does mean that they should not take advantage or make fun of desperate guys

Quote:
In fact, when it IS the woman's job, there's a name for that. Dig?
Yes exactly and this job was historically a safe outlet for the shy, unpopular guys. Unfortunately, in the US, religious zealots together with men hating feminist mafia chose to make this a crime. Same for some Scandinavian countries ruled by the feminists. In most other places, it is still a reliable option for the desperate, lonely guys. It is a lot healthier than taking anti depressants that are mostly placebos anyway. Dig?

Old 02-15-2018, 01:43 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,093,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
What worries me is...

We all want something to be done, to prevent these kinds of tragedies from occurring. Some say, gun laws are the answer. I don't know. I see both sides of that...like sure, some countries with different laws might not have such things happening, and granted I have never in my life felt like a situation would be better if only someone were there with a gun. Never. And the gun people I know, have never (not in uniform) used their firearm to stand up and protect themselves or anyone else. They take them to the range, maybe they hunt...but they have not had occasion to use them for home defense or anything.

Most countries that had gun violence problems saw definite improvements after adapting strict gun laws limiting automatic weapons. Including Australia which culture is somewhat similar to the US South. But of course United States is so exceptional that we are just going to watch school kids periodically killed by crazy people who have easy access to the automatic or semi automatic weapons.

Quote:
However... I absolutely do recognize that there is something deep and sacred to the founding of our nation that gun ownership is, well, it's part of what it's supposed to be, to be an American, to have that freedom.

Really? Part of being an American is an ability to buy several automatic weapons that can shoot and kill hundreds of people in a few seconds? No one is talking about banning all weapons or hunting rifles. And the founding of our nation happened a few centuries ago. Circumstances changed a bit in the last few centuries. Why is the right to own horse and buggy not scared any more.

Quote:
I mean, my ex was no 40 year old virgin, but he is one of the least stable human beings I've ever had to deal with on an ongoing basis. He's taken antidepressants, he's been in therapy, he's threatened to harm himself and others. But until he DOES SOMETHING, no one gets to take his guns, they'll pry them outta his cold dead hands and so on and so forth. I mean he is more likely than anyone I personally know, to be a mass shooter. But until/unless he does... Nothing can be done. And it could reasonably be argued, that MY OPINION is not remotely enough, or the right one to make such a call, because I am after all, his ex wife!
And the scary part is that he can easily buy an automatic weapon in a gun show. Or even in a store in a number of states. Don't you find this situation ridiculous?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships