Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 11:12 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,089,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
What you guys need to know, is that men who know whatsup, understand very well that a woman will usually sleep with a guy right away, if all the right conditions are met. Because of this, we dont respond well to women who want to make us wait, because we know very well that they didnt always wait, and becasue they didnt wait for these other guys, its not cool to make us wait.
Oh please

By your "logic," we understand very well that a guy will wait for a woman he really wants, if all the right conditions are met. Because of this we don't respond well to boys who act like they won't wait. We know very well that you HAVE waited, and because of that, it's not cool to rush us.

See how stupid that sounds?

Just stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 11:16 AM

28,975 posts, read 30,351,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzhidao View Post
I posted here about the guy I'm currently going out with.

He's someone I met on Match and we had a back and forth relationship.

This time around, after 3 dates, I asked him to take down Match profile, he freaked out big time and didn't see me for 2 weeks.

After 2 weeks, he came back and we continued going out. And we pretended the conversation never happened.

We only see each other on weekends due to the distance. We've gone on a few weekend get always trips. But still no exclusive talk.

He's still on Match, Active.

I don't feel like I can see other people while he and I are going on dates. But as the same time, not knowing where this is going make me wonder if I'm wasting my time and emotional investment. I can't just "have fun" and not be emotionally attached, I just can't.

He's sick this weekend and we're not seeing each other, I feel I just want to call and talk things out. If the feelings are not mutual what's the point to wait for another "date" only to break up? I'd rather break up over the phone, save some embarrassment.

I'd greatly appreciate your opinion. Thanks everyone
I believe it's common practice if you've gone out on a few dates then you ask if this is going anywhere...if he is interested in dating you exclusively or is he going to be seeing others. Then you make the decision.

If I were you, and I'm not, so, remember that, I wouldn't waste my time. Start seeing others...and be selective, start listening to his words, ask him questions, and if he pulls something like this, I would definitely, start seeing others. This person is playing games, b/c he can.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:19 AM

336 posts, read 195,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Oh please

By your "logic," we understand very well that a guy will wait for a woman he really wants, if all the right conditions are met. Because of this we don't respond well to boys who act like they won't wait. We know very well that you HAVE waited, and because of that, it's not cool to rush us.

See how stupid that sounds?

Just stop.
You wrote it, why are you asking me if it sounds stupid? What Im saying is true, and its true for you as well. You know very well, you will have sex with a guy on first date, if you are turned on by him and all other things align properly. With that knowledge, why would you then make another man wait? Ill let you in on a little secret, the man who knows whatsup but would wait anyway - is not the man you want to begin with. Hope this is helpful.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:19 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,742,234 times
Quote:
What you guys need to know, is that men who know whatsup, understand very well that a woman will usually sleep with a guy right away, if all the right conditions are met. Because of this, we dont respond well to women who want to make us wait, because we know very well that they didnt always wait, and becasue they didnt wait for these other guys, its not cool to make us wait.
I don't know who "you guys" is suppose to be.

So don't include me in that camp.

Thanks.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:20 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,089,585 times
Quote:
You wrote it, why are you asking me if it sounds stupid? What Im saying is true, and its true for you as well. You know very well, you will have sex with a guy on first date, if you are turned on by him and all other things align properly. With that knowledge, why would you then make another man wait? Ill let you in on a little secret, the man who knows whatsup but would wait anyway - is not the man you want to begin with. Hope this is helpful.
That's a "secret" because you made it up.

You're full of crap, as usual. I have no clue why you are still allowed to post here.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:21 AM

52,375 posts, read 52,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Damn ... 4 guys a week?

That's a part-time job.

Yeah, but those women are different from women who enjoy sex and secretly want the guy they enjoy it with to commit to them when he is not ready. It's nice if they respect themselves, but those women don't respect the guy.

Call me old but going out dating 2 to 4 times a week sounds like too much work for me.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,058,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Call me old but going out dating 2 to 4 times a week sounds like too much work for me.

Eh, it's not bad. Two is pretty sustainable, because then you have a couple of other days to go out with friends, and then a couple to just crash. Four or more takes a toll fairly quick, either energy wise, or to the detriment of other social relationships and obligations.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:43 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,256,030 times
Not to mention some figure they're lucky to find one they care to go out with, much less several every week.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:09 PM

52,375 posts, read 52,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Eh, it's not bad. Two is pretty sustainable, because then you have a couple of other days to go out with friends, and then a couple to just crash. Four or more takes a toll fairly quick, either energy wise, or to the detriment of other social relationships and obligations.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. To me two dates a week on the occasion would be ok, but consistently, nah, not for me, but everyone is different I suppose.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:11 PM

34,140 posts, read 83,166,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzhidao View Post
I don't feel like I can see other people while he and I are going on dates.
I'd greatly appreciate your opinion.
Then don't see other people.
If you REQUIRE the same... you're asking it of the wrong guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships