Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 12:40 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
The longer this thread goes on the more apparent it is that quite a few of the ladies who post here not only have cats, but have lots of them.
I don't. But I would if I wasn't allergic. So what does that make me? Wanna be crazy?

No one would make a big deal out of the cats if the OP wouldn't mention them in the headline and every single of his post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 12:43 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
The longer this thread goes on the more apparent it is that quite a few of the ladies who post here not only have cats, but have lots of them.

Yup! We have two cats. One is my husband's (birthday present). The other loves me a lot but we really got him for the kids.

When we met, my husband was a single guy with a cat. I also had a cat. That's equal but I have ovaries so...I was the crazy one. He was pretty normal, obviously.

p.s. No need for the "shh" emoji; believe it or not, it ISN'T a secret that people own pets. It's actually been pretty common for...I think like eight thousand years? So no problem! You're free to comment on the fact of people owning animals, without censure.

Quote:
No one would make a big deal out of the cats if the OP wouldn't mention them in the headline and every single of his post.
This. LOL, it's the thread title, I mean...yanno? So...duh?

Old 03-15-2018, 12:54 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
I have one cat, and yes I’m single without kids and I live alone in a house (not a tiny apartment, if that counts). Having a cat hasn’t made me any crazier than I already was.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:55 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Most people who acquire more than a couple of cats are adopting strays and homeless ones. They don't care if you call them a cat lady or a cat man. They are people who don't want to see an animal suffer in the wild or be killed in a shelter. Awful isn't it.

I can see that for the OP, those qualities of compassion are not attractive.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:56 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Most people who acquire more than a couple of cats are adopting strays and homeless ones. They don't care if you call them a cat lady or a cat man. They are people who don't want to see an animal suffer in the wild or be killed in a shelter. Awful isn't it.

I can see that for the OP, those qualities of compassion are not attractive.
Oh my GOD.

People feel this way? Women, I mean? Not "people," sorry.

That's sick!!

Old 03-15-2018, 01:52 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
My advice? Get a dog.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:15 PM

20,397 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
I'm a man so the situation is different.
I recently read somewhere that small dogs are "man cats." So the equivalent of a single woman with a bunch of cats, is a single man with a bunch of small dogs. I'm not sure actually if they MUST be small, but the man described had chihuahuas.

Man cats.

LOL

Quote:
I've only got one cat, but I'm crazy about him...

My boyfriend likes him too.

The cat keeps things entertaining, it's like living with a tiny, incompetent villain. Like Marvin the Martian. He wants to take over the world or something, but he's fluffy and we keep picking him up and giving him snuggles and he can't quite pull off any world domination attempts between naptimes.

One cat is enough for us, he doesn't get along well with other cats anyways.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:40 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
I have 2!😻😺
Woooohooo!
Totally fruit loops!!

...oh wait, I have a boyfriend...with a cat of his own, also a shelter cat rescuer. Together we're insane.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:26 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I have 2!����
Woooohooo!
Totally fruit loops!!

...oh wait, I have a boyfriend...with a cat of his own, also a shelter cat rescuer. Together we're insane.
WAIT, two negatives, when multiplied together, become one positive.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:28 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,388,287 times
It seems you want to put this woman down because she didn't go out with you.

Even the ugliest woman in the world is free to reject men she isn't interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships