Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 02:33 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
Maybe she's asexual or has mental issues or something.
or maybe she just doesn't want to put her dating life on facebook. You would think I have been single all my life because there is no guy on my social media.

Or maybe she likes to be single. OH MY GOD, is that even a possibility?

Or she just doesn't like OP ... that would be unthinkable, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 02:34 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
On my phone, I can tell when someone has read one of my texts. It'll say 'seen'. So maybe he DOES know she's seen the text, and wondering why she hasn't responded yet.

Frankly, if the situation was reversed, and I'd asked a guy out, and I KNOW he got the text, I guess I'd wonder too why he hadn't responded.

But hopefully I wouldn't turn around and speak of the hot guy is such a disdainful way as OP has done.

I mean, OP, you do kind of sound like "Well screw her if she doesn't recognize I was going to do her a favor, and bang her."
That to my knowledge is the setting on their phone not yours. I absolutely have that setting WAY OFF.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:41 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yes, she was neither of these things, NOR a cat lady, when he had a chance with her. That's middle school "well I never liked you anyway!" crap.
Yeah, it's classic sour grapes, like if I'm such an ugly beyatch, why did you ask me out in the first place?

Old 03-14-2018, 02:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
Chill down. Day isnā€™t over yet. I am a teacher and go the whole workday without looking at my phone some days. There is no time.

The expectation of instant response baffles me here.
Again, since the OP knows this woman and already talks to her, if she's an "instant-responder" he already knows it, so he can perhaps guess if she's just avoiding him.

Sonic mentioned that perhaps she dropped her phone in the toilet. My opinion is, if she had even a hint at the OP's "it's unthinkable that this lonely crying cat person said no" attitude...she didn't drop her phone in the toilet. She probably saw the text and threw it in there.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:46 PM

424 posts, read 236,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
or maybe she just doesn't want to put her dating life on facebook. You would think I have been single all my life because there is no guy on my social media.

Or maybe she likes to be single. OH MY GOD, is that even a possibility?

Or she just doesn't like OP ... that would be unthinkable, right?
Or....maybe she's asexual or has mental issues or something.

All of these things are possible and may all be true at the same time.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
Or....maybe she's asexual or has mental issues or something.

All of these things are possible and may all be true at the same time.
Oh, probably.

I mean doesn't like the OP...is a mentally ill asexual (considering these two possibilities; Final Jeopardy theme plays in background...JerZ tilts * head consideringly...yes...yes, I see what you mean...they're about equal in probability)...let's not leave any stone unturned.

You forgot "may have been accosted by Bigfoot, who stepped on the phone."

I can tell you that I'd send smoke signals if I had to for a guy I really liked. That's me, though.

* LOL... "c * cks" was edited out! Changed it.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:43 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You do not sound like a nice person. And repeatedly pointing out the illegal cats makes me think you are going to report her because she doesn't want to go out with you. Please don't do that.
That would be totally childish on his part if he did so.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:16 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, it's classic sour grapes, like if I'm such an ugly beyatch, why did you ask me out in the first place?
Yeah I noticed he had to slip in that comment of "there's a two cat limit in this apartment complex" like there might be some blackmail ideas going on. If she doesn't respond to the text, get that picky biatch and her herd of cats right out on the street. All with little sticks and hankies tied to the end, like hobos. Serve her right.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:06 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,463,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
Long story short, I had a real thing for a 36-yo attractive women living in my complex who has never been married but has managed to sneak in 4 or 5 cats into her apartment. Anyway, in her fb postings she's always b*tching about how lonely she is and how she wants to cry every-time she ovulates. The weird part is that she is actually quite attractive and takes good care of herself.

Now when we've seen each-other we've always managed to hit it off well and I've always been fairly open in my flirting that she seems to respond to fairly well. I texted her over the phone today asking if I could take her out, but never got anything back. Not a simple no thank you or nothing.

I suppose in the long run it makes for a good story, getting rejected by some single cat lady.
Dude, you didn't get her because you were too much of an orbiter. The first or second time you saw her, you should have asked her for drinks, then escalated it at the bar, brought her home, and had sex. No mindless texting, no social media.

Nevertheless, you probably aren't missing all that much.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:34 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yeah I noticed he had to slip in that comment of "there's a two cat limit in this apartment complex" like there might be some blackmail ideas going on. If she doesn't respond to the text, get that picky biatch and her herd of cats right out on the street. All with little sticks and hankies tied to the end, like hobos. Serve her right.
I thought exactly the same thing about the limit comment lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships