Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 02:36 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Although I disagree with a man paying for everything, by any means, I'm wondering. How is this not men wanting the best of both worlds, too? The woman is entirely self-supporting and willingly has sex with the man, gives her loyalty yet there didn't have to be a marriage for any of this to happen? He just enjoys but ultimately has no responsibility and by no means must give an official commitment? Or even close to it, I mean, the whole three dates rule, etc...

It kind of makes me giggle that I see guys here all the time saying women want some things modern, yet some things old-fashioned and that's just so hypocritical, etc. - when these guys want a highly sexual, financially comfortable, totally loyal always there piece. Who doesn't scr*w around, of course! She needs to give it to JuST him. Yet not want that piece of paper.

But...it's women who want all the perks of both the old days and today? And who will switch back and forth on their stance to support what they feel like getting at that moment while dodging responsibility?

Hashtag irony.

All of these conversations here on CD and in real life are really like pissing in the wind, men could come up with things and women could come up with things and salvos are fired off on both side.

It's not really irony when both groups do it. It's just lack of introspection and awareness at the end of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 03:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
All of these conversations here on CD and in real life are really like pissing in the wind, men could come up with things and women could come up with things and salvos are fired off on both side.

It's not really irony when both groups do it. It's just lack of introspection and awareness at the end of the day.
It is irony when both groups do it but one points a finger without realizing they're doing the SAME thing. And it is hypocrisy to say: When I want something, that's just my due. When someone else wants the SAME thing, that person is a jerk.

I outright stated that *we all* want benefits and positives that people enjoyed decades ago, plus today.

Please don't bother to attempt to put me in my place on this, Chow. It's a little insulting and rather deliberately blind. We've all seen this. Here on CD we have seen one metric butt-ton of "Feminists WANTED this, okay, deal with it then...YOU can't have it both ways " attitude, but she better put out, be loving, be loyal (after putting out early enough, or course), be fully self-supporting, be free and easy...But not too free and easy, it would be handy if she could cook - act like, effectively, a 50s wife PLUS a 21at century woman, or else she's not good enough...all the time. That IS hypocrisy, come on. Let's not be disingenuous, you see it, I see it. We just saw it again, "Women want it both ways!" Duh. So do men! We all want freedom. ..to be loved...AND to have choices. But when a woman wants that we're...well, insert insult or awful name here.

It needed to be said, I am over this ridiculousness and I'd bet I'm not the only one

Again, in real-time interactions I just don't see this so much, from either women or men

Last edited by JerZ; 07-19-2018 at 03:14 PM..

Old 07-19-2018, 03:04 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,231,747 times
A woman near my age who has accumulated nothing towards retirement is a definite no-go. I have zero interest in funding someone else's retirement. The older a woman is, the more I'd expect to have her financial life in order. I'd only give more leeway towards a younger person because they have more working years to contribute. A 40+ broke woman is a huge turn off. Although I know there are certain life events that can derail a person(illness, bad divorce, taking care of loved ones) I just have no desire to fund everything all the time.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:11 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Quote:

Again, in real-time interactions I just don't see this so much, from either women or men
Neither do I...but it does make me wonder...is it because it's not so rampant, or is it because most people have nowhere near the balls to say it out loud face to face?

Old 07-19-2018, 03:17 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
It is irony when both groups do it but one points a finger without realizing they're doing the SAME thing. And it is hypocrisy to say: When I want something, that's just my due. When someone else wants the SAME thing, that person is a jerk.

I outright stated that *we all* want benefits and positives that people enjoyed decades ago, plus today.

Please don't bother to attempt to put me in my place on this, Chow. It's a little insulting and rather deliberately blind. We've all seen this. But here online we have seen one metric butt-ton of "Feminists WANTED this, okay, deal with it then...YOU can't have it both ways " attitude here, but she better put out, be loving, he loyal (after putting out early enough, or course), he fully self-supporting, he free and easy...But not too free and easy, act like, effectively, a 50s wife PLUS a 21at century woman, or else she's not good enough...all the time. Let's not be disingenuous, you see it, I see it. We just saw It again.

It needed to be said, I am over this ridiculousness and I'd bet I'm not the only one

Take it easy, I wasn't putting you in your place, I merely meant the irony effect sorta goes out the window when like you said both groups do it and 95 percent of people have no clue that they do it at time, myself included.

I don't know why you and all lf the other regulars here get so invested in what these pinheads here say. I used to get so frothy about it and all it does is get yourself upset.

You know that most of the people here that spew garbage are just trolling and or otherwise are pretty much losers in life.

You also know that in real life most people are just average people trying to get along and you don't see all of this disharmony like you do here. You do, but this place is toxic, if you see it for what it is and just roll with it you'd you probably save yourself some aggravation.

You and all of the others that constantly fight with these guys aren't changing minds, not by a long shot, but I suppose for some it's merely entertainment to try and get some 22 year old guy that hasn't been out of mothers basement to understand life lessons, have at it if ya like, but nothing cures ignorance like some life experience.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:28 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Neither do I...but it does make me wonder...is it because it's not so rampant, or is it because most people have nowhere near the balls to say it out loud face to face?

I have come across this sentiment of 'you can't have it both ways, what's with you women' IRL. Just recently. I walked away. I did wonder why his true self and true beliefs didn't come to the surface sooner, but then I would have walked away sooner. I have the opinion that this mentality is like closet-racism. If a guy wants something he's not going to reveal the insulting lesser-than way he thinks about me, or I'll say "See ya!" obviously.

It just kinda drips out of some of them when they're not careful.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:54 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,134,269 times
Quote:
Although I disagree with a man paying for everything, by any means, I'm wondering. How is this not men wanting the best of both worlds, too? The woman is entirely self-supporting and willingly has sex with the man, gives her loyalty yet there didn't have to be a marriage for any of this to happen? He just enjoys but ultimately has no responsibility and by no means must give an official commitment? Or even close to it, I mean, the whole three dates rule, etc...
I don't see how that doesn't apply to women too. The man is entirely self-supporting and willingly has sex with the woman, gives his loyalty yet there didn't have to be a marriage for any of this to happen?

Just exactly what is the difference between a woman willing giving sex to a man or a man willingly giving sex to a woman? You're making sex sound like some commodity that comes from women that they give to men.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I believe in equal partnerships. Me and my partner give sex to each other equally.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:07 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,835 times
As long as she knows how to budget her money and her bills are paid, no kids at home, faithful(in behavior and actuality) and she is not high maintenance and faithful I'm golden.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:39 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
Quote:
I agree with the age part of the equation. If you're a barista at 22, well, that's one thing. If you're flipping burgers at 40 that's another.
Nothing wrong with flipping burgers if thats what you need to do to contribute.
Feeling no obligation at all to pitch in is more worrisome than the type of job being too “good” or “bad” for who you feel you are.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I don't see how that doesn't apply to women too. The man is entirely self-supporting and willingly has sex with the woman, gives his loyalty yet there didn't have to be a marriage for any of this to happen?

Just exactly what is the difference between a woman willing giving sex to a man or a man willingly giving sex to a woman? You're making sex sound like some commodity that comes from women that they give to men.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I believe in equal partnerships. Me and my partner give sex to each other equally.
None. That was my whole point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships