Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 10:24 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_80s View Post
So short story I go out with this dude 7 times. He was clearly more interested. He texted, double texted, was very nice etc. Not pushing anything out of the norm. Paid for every date and insisted he pays. And then nothing. After that, he just vanished.

Now I disclosed I am moving out of state at date 3 so that should not be a surprise or whatever. I was looking for something casual but not just hooking up at his place. And just as I was finally ready to have sex he decided to ghost me. Maybe he was looking for sex and ended up with someone who decided to go for it so there is no incentive? Still, have 7 dates and give up? I suppose he maybe didn't get the hint I was ready.

I go online to see is this a thing and apparently, it is. Ghosting is not just after 1 or 2 dates. It can happen anytime. Some say even after a whole year. Online stories might be the worst of the worst but this is so disheartening. Is it really that hard to break it off with someone? If you invested time and money in that person why can't you have the courtesy to at least make up some excuses to end things?

I feel like dating is a contest who can care less and we should assume they will vanish and plan accordingly. I literally have to date more than one person since at least one will do this stuff.

Is this really a current state of dating? Am I exaggerating? Where you ghosted after more than 5 dates?
This is nothing new. Should how a few (or many) people act affect the way you act? No. Keep your core values and beliefs. One key thing to remember is that you are not going to be the right fit for everyone you date nor is everyone you date the right fit for you. Move on to the next. Don't become jaded. And good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 06:57 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,969,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_80s View Post
The problem is that he said he would like to see me, he even said what day works.
I did mention my possible trip to another state I am moving so maybe he finally realized I really am moving. From my past experiences when men check out after date 2 or 3 if sex is what they are after and it's not happening. Guys who invested 7 dates generally wanted to get something out of it.

I mean I know it is probably not the best to assume the worst but if we keep our hopes up and believe in people but if they keep disappointing me that would get old fast. I don't want to be one of those jaded women.
Hmm I still don’t see the problem. He paid good money and put in effort to give you a good time; which you should be thankful for. You defined the parameters of the relationship from the start and those parameters were met.

Maybe just send him a thank you note and wish him well upon life and you can handle your move?

Old 07-12-2019, 05:31 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,790,494 times
I haven't been ghosted after more than 5 dates, but society does have a disposable mentality these days. I cannot stand it. I did date a woman about 5-6 dates who introduced me to her kids and then ended it. That was so weird because I took them to the zoo and they seemed to like me. I'm pretty good with kids. Anyway, I have been ghosted lots, but usually after 1-2 dates.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:48 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,513,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I haven't been ghosted after more than 5 dates, but society does have a disposable mentality these days. I cannot stand it.
consider yourself lucky. (and that you're not a girl!)

Old 07-13-2019, 10:04 AM

1,240 posts, read 820,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
consider yourself lucky. (and that you're not a girl!)
You think it's more common for girls to be ghosted? Based on what?

Old 07-13-2019, 02:17 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,790,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffle View Post
You think it's more common for girls to be ghosted? Based on what?
I know, right???

Old 07-13-2019, 03:08 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,746,472 times
Men and women are ghosted on which is all part of the online/dating game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships