Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 06:47 PM

18 posts, read 9,509 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm new so I'll start with something I read and was shocked by. In a similar forum, a woman posted that men over 40 often check the "wanting children" box in dating site. This, a total 100% or responders attributed to a gimmick to meet younger women. NOBODY assumed the men really wanted kids, nor older woman. WHY? Because I, a WOMAN over 40 wanting children but having fertility issues, was looking for the best place to put a relationship as and turned out NOTHING that was NOT "hookups". What if some men feel the same? It's extra-hard to find such a place. I was also shocked but the number of people disgusted by the idea of 40-50somethings having kids. But it's a fact of this century that there are as many 20yo's who don't have children as 40yos who do.As a psychologist, I'd have lots to have, but let's focus
If anyone has something positive to contribute, I'm all ears! (sites where to place ads would be welcomed!) Thank you all, waanaabe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 07:32 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
You'll probably get some feedback if you post this topic in the Relationships forum here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/

Old 07-17-2019, 09:39 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waanaabe View Post
Hi, I'm new so I'll start with something I read and was shocked by. In a similar forum, a woman posted that men over 40 often check the "wanting children" box in dating site. This, a total 100% or responders attributed to a gimmick to meet younger women. NOBODY assumed the men really wanted kids, nor older woman. WHY? Because I, a WOMAN over 40 wanting children but having fertility issues, was looking for the best place to put a relationship as and turned out NOTHING that was NOT "hookups". What if some men feel the same? It's extra-hard to find such a place. I was also shocked but the number of people disgusted by the idea of 40-50somethings having kids. But it's a fact of this century that there are as many 20yo's who don't have children as 40yos who do.As a psychologist, I'd have lots to have, but let's focus
If anyone has something positive to contribute, I'm all ears! (sites where to place ads would be welcomed!) Thank you all, waanaabe
You're a psychologist?

Old 07-17-2019, 09:43 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waanaabe View Post
I met my husband when I was 35, he was 40 (I messaged him online, FWIW, which led to us meeting). Neither of us had ever been married, though I'd been in a multiyear cohabiting relationship, and neither of us had kids. Both of us wanted kids. We brought this up early on, so everyone knew where everyone else stood. Now we have a two-year old and a three-year old, and we are 42 and 46.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:44 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
While some people check that box because they do indeed hope to have children of their own, sometimes people also click that box to mean they are open to dating (or actually want to date) someone else with children. It's best not to read into it too much and just ask the person what he means if you are interested.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:45 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Adoption is a wonderful thing for people in your exact circumstance.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:22 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
I'm 50 and still want kids. Lately, I've put "undecided" on my profiles, but thats only because of my age. I never had kids and that eats away at me.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:13 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I never really wanted kids. I picked friends who don't like them either. My puberty lasted until my late 20s (heavily partying but stable bf). Then I was a devoted wife. Since 7 years single on and off, I would only date guys who don't want/like children.

When I was 39 I spent some time around my nieces and realized I am very nurturing and caring. I thought it would be nice to have children, not necessarily my own. I don't have the necessary $$$$$ though to give them a good upbringing.

I opened myself up to dating fathers. I am dating a guy right now with 3 children (they are 12 and the twins are 9), full custody and I love being part of their family. He wants me to get pregnant but I am 42 and we haven't been together for long enough. I am totally okay with just being a step mom.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:26 AM

181 posts, read 82,139 times
I am mid-40s and still open to the idea. Many of us just enjoyed being young and free a bit longer.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:33 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenCopeland View Post
I am mid-40s and still open to the idea. Many of us just enjoyed being young and free a bit longer.
Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships