Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2022, 03:12 PM

841 posts, read 554,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingChemist View Post
A woman without kids at 38 would be in high demand by men without and don't want kids. Though at the very least, if you are not an abusive @hole you couldn't be worse than a lot of the appalling step parents I've heard about.

I may eventually settle for a woman with kids. Although I am shy and awkward around kids I at least could be helpful and not abusive. Not all kids are looking for step parents, many just want you to be like a cool aunt/uncle and stay in your lane and not parent.

I'd say the worst case would be the step child actively terrorizes you and the parent is unwilling or unable to correct the behavior. I've heard some horror stories from reddit on that.
I was shocked at the number of times I was really pressed about not having kids just in my 2 weeks on the dating apps. I guess being 42 and having been married for over 20 years made some people doubt I was being honest on no kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2022, 03:17 PM

595 posts, read 265,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingChemist View Post
A woman without kids at 38 would be in high demand by men without and don't want kids. Though at the very least, if you are not an abusive @hole you couldn't be worse than a lot of the appalling step parents I've heard about.
Especially if she's divorced. Ask me how I know. My late 30s were some pretty fun years.

Old 11-07-2022, 03:52 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,099,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I had a neighbor who was interested in dating but there was no chance after he told me his adult daughter broke up every relationship he had to protect her inheritance. I happily held out for a child free relationship...well, except for our four legged kids who bring us much joy!
Well he could just write her out of the will and break contact with her.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:33 AM

88 posts, read 66,663 times
Pros: the woman knows how to budget financially in most cases, is caring and nurturing, and knows how to manage their time

Cons: finding time for dates will be a struggle and even when they can find the time, they still have to deal with finding a babysitter if the kids are younger. I have had dates canceled because of that and then the timeline for us to see each again gets pushed back a week or longer. Also, as mentioned above the lack of spontaneity can be tough if you like doing things on a whim.

Regardless, I wouldn't let the cons stop me from dating a single mom. I have dated a few and had some really great times. Yes, there have been frustrating things come up such as the kids getting sick and her having to cancel a date, but that's life.

Old 11-08-2022, 09:55 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,812,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGuyInWisconsin View Post
Pros: the woman knows how to budget financially in most cases, is caring and nurturing, and knows how to manage their time

FYI, women with no kids can be all these things as well. These are not exclusive traits to just single parents lol

Old 11-08-2022, 10:13 AM

88 posts, read 66,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
FYI, women with no kids can be all these things as well. These are not exclusive traits to just single parents lol
I never said it was. I am just saying it based on my experience of dating single moms. There can be some hidden gems that are otherwise avoided because of this status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships