Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 05:52 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,574,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
This is true and has been my experience as well. When a woman approaches a man, it basically sends the message to the man that nothing is required of him - namely not a commitment or relationship - and he can get sex without giving anything. If you are a cute looking woman, all men will say yes, even the ones who can't offer you what you need and it wastes your time. So it's a real risk. A man who pursues you will be trying to figure out what you need before or during his pursuit. This is necessary. And yes this disqualifies lazy men or men who are too shy to approach but nothing good ever comes to those who sit idle.
most men who ask women out want sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2022, 06:06 AM

2,045 posts, read 785,940 times
'Shoot their shot' sounds awkward, I've never heard the phrase.
Why not just say 'Take a shot'?

Old 10-16-2022, 05:01 PM

37,467 posts, read 61,396,384 times
This is very sexist.

If I were to say: "Most women are not experienced and sophisticated enough to ... "

Women would rightfully be mad at me.

Quote:
... Inexperienced women let their egos get in the way of their ability to spot red flags.
And this is different from men?

Quote:
... Men are also not used to being approached. If a woman approaches a man, and she's decent-looking, he will entertain her even if he has no real romantic interest in her because he's flattered by the attention.
I can agree with this. I was 60yo the first time that a woman approached me. I was shocked. Flattered and shocked. It took me a few days to process what she had really said to me, and for me to decide how I wanted to handle the situation.

Nobody, man or woman, is going to know instantly whether they have romantic interest in you.

Quote:
... -Men being curious, they will try to see how far they can go and what they can get out of her. This leads to women spending time with men who ultimately end up hurting them.
So men are predators and they hurt women? Really?

Quote:
... Men go after what they really want
Just as women should.

Quote:
... If a man says "I'm not looking for anything right now," then he doesn't like you, full stop. A man would never utter those words to the woman of his dreams because he'd be too afraid of scaring her away.
B.S.

I have been told that I am 'demi-sexual'. If a female made a pass at me, I might say that I was not looking at that time. But I would most certainly begin to pay attention to her, watch her personality, and if I already knew that she was interested, I certainly might change my mind in a few days.

Old 10-16-2022, 11:06 PM

880 posts, read 460,948 times
Haaa, l'm getting a few excuses from this thread l can use when all those women out there start beating my door down right.

Old 10-17-2022, 03:56 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Women do shoot their shot..... It's called flirting.
Flirting doesn’t mean a thing.

People can flirt and in reality they have zero interest in you.

Old 10-17-2022, 05:30 AM

880 posts, read 460,948 times
Yeah that is very true 100% agree.
l've often heard women complaining that men just out and about or in shops or at work or wherever whatever don't hold much eye contact or don't do this don't do that or don't flirt with them.
And l've said a few times well wth would they most men couldn't give a damn about some silly game or ego boost to most women unless it's someone they were actually into.
l mean speaking for myself l couldn't care less about everyday women l come across in just everyday stuff unless l was actually interested, l'm not staring into eyes or bsg around flirting about just to make women feel good.

But to them they will do this crap just to make themselves feel good when they maybe get a bit back but it means absolutely nothing.
l don't play that rubbish.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:34 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
It's (relatively) new and, I believe, of American origin.

It also proposes everyone has a shot, or a number of them. Some of us got lost on our way to the firing range and/or didn't show up for target practice.

Old 10-17-2022, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
To me it implies that women will only ever have one shot, one chance to find a mate. Which I consider completely false.

Old 10-17-2022, 08:21 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
There are lots of shy men out there where if women don't shoot their shot it's not going to happen. It comes down to whether you're willing to take the risk or not as a woman. What do you really have to lose? If he says no you move on and find somebody else.

Forget about anything else related to the discussion trying to rationalize your decision. You either make the move or you don't it comes down to that. You either have the courage or you don't.

Old 10-17-2022, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
There are lots of shy men out there where if women don't shoot their shot it's not going to happen. It comes down to whether you're willing to take the risk or not as a woman. What do you really have to lose? If he says no you move on and find somebody else.

Forget about anything else related to the discussion trying to rationalize your decision. You either make the move or you don't it comes down to that. You either have the courage or you don't.
It is the same for women as it is for men.

If you ask someone out and they turn you down. You can still ask someone else out a week later. We get multiple chances to get it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships