Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:32 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,179,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop_Chop_Sucka View Post
because maybe I AM looking for too much and I have an unrealistic expectation about love".
It's not unrealistic or expecting too much. You are showing deeply poor judgment about what is and what is not important. And the fact that you would even for a moment consider marrying this gal shows how messed up your judgment is.

Let me use a crude metaphor: it's like you're looking for a car and are obsessed about the rear seat map light and color of the carpeting in the trunk. You aren't focused upon the important things -- Is it well made? Reliable? Safe? Comfortable? Does it suit your needs? Instead you prioritize the superficial and superfluous.

What I'm saying is that your priorities are deeply out of whack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 08:41 PM

17 posts, read 37,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
It's not unrealistic or expecting too much. You are showing deeply poor judgment about what is and what is not important. And the fact that you would even for a moment consider marrying this gal shows how messed up your judgment is.

Let me use a crude metaphor: it's like you're looking for a car and are obsessed about the rear seat map light and color of the carpeting in the trunk. You aren't focused upon the important things -- Is it well made? Reliable? Safe? Comfortable? Does it suit your needs? Instead you prioritize the superficial and superfluous.

What I'm saying is that your priorities are deeply out of whack.
You could be right.

Actually, I *did* see atherapist about a year ago, about some other things, and she told me that I have low self esteem and high anxiety.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:42 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,256,035 times
Well, if you two get married, have the divorce papers made up, too. This isn't a match made in heaven that's for dang sure. She's got issues and you're a pig. Sorry but this is a stupid post and deserves a indignant response.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Well, if you two get married, have the divorce papers made up, too. This isn't a match made in heaven that's for dang sure. She's got issues and you're a pig. Sorry but this is a stupid post and deserves a indignant response.
I really dont understand why people have a problem with me being choosy.

Are all women who want "only tall guys" pigs too? If you ever read Match.com, all you will see are women who claim that they are "ONLY attracted" to guys who are 6'0" or taller. No other guy will do it for them. Are they pigs, for wanting what they want? There really are women, who are obsessed with height. They would rather be single, and herd cats the rest of their life, then "settle" for guys who are not that tall. Are they pigs? Or shallow? Just a rhetorical question...maybe they are shallow. But that is the environment that we live in in this country.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:48 PM

6,822 posts, read 14,041,292 times
I was sure you should dump her after the stalker like comment. I will get worse not easier. New city new life I say. Welcome to Dallas by the way.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:50 PM

Another thing I am not sure about, is the issue with her dad. Her father had a SEKS CHANGE. NO LIE. Not only did he have the surgery, but he still dates women. It was like, he was a lesbian, trapped in a man's body. he was never attracted to men, it was just that he wanted to be a women, who dates women. And I think this messed with my GF's head, big time, and I feel really bad breaking up with someone like that. But at the same time, i am worried that if her and I had kids, and we had a son, would he have the proclivity to want a seks change as well? Just curious...

Old 09-21-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I was sure you should dump her after the stalker like comment. I will get worse not easier. New city new life I say. Welcome to Dallas by the way.
Thanks Grain. I look forward to living there.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:53 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,359,242 times
If you have to ask let her go!!!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 09:04 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,256,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop_Chop_Sucka View Post
I really dont understand why people have a problem with me being choosy.
You're not being choosy. IMO, you're being immature about handling the idea of marriage and you're not ready for it. Perhaps the "pig comment" was a bit harsh and I think you just caught me in a bad mood so let me start over:

You're basing your marriage decision on these factors: 1. she's cute, she's hot 2. you're considering marriage not b'c you love her but because someone said you should "pull the trigger and get married" 3. never once did you say you love this girl or anything positive except the "she's cute, she's hot" comment 4. you listed all her "problems" with no good points about her (except that "she's cute, she's hot") 5. she's flat chested 6. she likes sex but sucks at it 6. having sex with her is like having sex with a pillow or blow up doll 7. she won't trim 8. you don't like having sex with her

Now, you tell me, how is any reader supposed to tell you, "Yeah, she's a keeper and you're God's gift to women!" I don't even remotely see how you two can even consider marriage. Her stalker issues and your "high standards" in women, seriously, at least have a pre-nup ready.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
You're not being choosy. IMO, you're being immature about handling the idea of marriage and you're not ready for it. Perhaps the "pig comment" was a bit harsh and I think you just caught me in a bad mood so let me start over:

You're basing your marriage decision on these factors: 1. she's cute, she's hot 2. you're considering marriage not b'c you love her but because someone said you should "pull the trigger and get married" 3. never once did you say you love this girl or anything positive except the "she's cute, she's hot" comment 4. you listed all her "problems" with no good points about her (except that "she's cute, she's hot") 5. she's flat chested 6. she likes sex but sucks at it 6. having sex with her is like having sex with a pillow or blow up doll 7. she won't trim 8. you don't like having sex with her

Now, you tell me, how is any reader supposed to tell you, "Yeah, she's a keeper and you're God's gift to women!" I don't even remotely see how you two can even consider marriage. Her stalker issues and your "high standards" in women, seriously, at least have a pre-nup ready.
No, dont apologize, I appreciate the honest opinions. Im not offended! I was just trying to analyze what about the comments makes me a pig.

I think that I knew that the iea of moving with her and marrying her was a bad idea, i just wanted other people's viewpoints, and I do appreciate everyone's opinion on this matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships