Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 09:14 PM

174 posts, read 456,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop_Chop_Sucka View Post
Another thing I am not sure about, is the issue with her dad. Her father had a SEKS CHANGE. NO LIE. Not only did he have the surgery, but he still dates women. It was like, he was a lesbian, trapped in a man's body. he was never attracted to men, it was just that he wanted to be a women, who dates women. And I think this messed with my GF's head, big time, and I feel really bad breaking up with someone like that. But at the same time, i am worried that if her and I had kids, and we had a son, would he have the proclivity to want a seks change as well? Just curious...

Perhaps it's time to stop questioning her issue's (those you will never fix or change) and start questioning your own. Why are you choosing to stay with this girl? Because you feel bad... please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 09:20 PM

17 posts, read 37,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne5 View Post
Perhaps it's time to stop questioning her issue's (those you will never fix or change) and start questioning your own. Why are you choosing to stay with this girl? Because you feel bad... please.
Yes...because I feel bad about it.

One time, I told her I needed a break (was tryin to use that to segway to a full breakup) and she put on this horrible looking pouty face like I had just destroyed her world. Other women have done this to me in the past, and I just totally cave. I never cave on anything else; I am always the leader in the relationship, but when i try to end it, I totally cave and take her back.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:48 PM

174 posts, read 456,250 times
Quote:
Yes...because I feel bad about it.

One time, I told her I needed a break (was tryin to use that to segway to a full breakup) and she put on this horrible looking pouty face like I had just destroyed her world. Other women have done this to me in the past, and I just totally cave. I never cave on anything else; I am always the leader in the relationship, but when i try to end it, I totally cave and take her back.

Well, here's a great opportunity to learn to honor yourself and not succumb to her childish behavior, or any womans! Come on man grow up, get a backbone and break this behavior of yours!

Breaking up is never easy, not for anyone. But every relationship teaches you something, what are you learning here? When you learn you grow. Ending this relationship with honesty and maturity will allow you to grow and go into the next relationship with more confidence.

How old did you say you are? I wasn't paying attention, but if you are still in high school you will experience plenty more relationships to learn from which you may have to end.

You deserve to be respected by a woman, not coerced and manipulated.

Find a quiet place to sit with yourself, close your eyes and visualize yourself with this woman the rest of your life. Then try it without her.

Which scenario made you smile?

Last edited by Daphne5; 09-21-2008 at 10:07 PM..

Old 09-21-2008, 09:52 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,819,491 times
The woman is nuts. DO NOT MARRY HER. In fact, don't even give her the date you plan to move. Just move, and don't tell her. Get a different place than the one you showed her, and DON'T TELL HER.

She sounds psycho to me.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:58 PM

113 posts, read 563,549 times
Um...are you REALLY 35? Because if you are, I will have to correct my dear friend who insists that mid-30s men are the way to go in terms of maturity. Your "girlfriend" sounds stalkerish, to be sure, but if by 35, you haven't learned that her dad having a "seks" change probably has little to do with any future kids you might have (and if you don't want to be with her, why are you even talking about potential kids?), as well as the fact that *gasp* women have pubic hair just as men do, then you don't need a girlfriend. Ever. Also, if you have to ask if you should move in with a girlfriend or dump her, you are either still in high school or seriously emotionally stunted.

You remind me so much of my ex-boyfriend it isn't even funny. We dated in high school, and broke up under acrimonious circumstances, but eventually became (sort-of) friends, for a time. He once dumped a girl because she called him twice in one day and because she wasn't a C-cup. The difference? He was 20 when this happened, and has since learned from his mistakes.

There is a difference between "choosy" and "so shallow a goldfish couldn't swim through you" -- learn it. Live it.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:01 PM

261 posts, read 621,773 times
Wow, the ladies have been kinda brutal with Chop Chop. It's kinda funny though.

The Guys: Dump her, she's nuts!!!
The Ladies: You're nuts!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 10:19 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,256,035 times
lol keepthefaith ... the gf sounds nuts, too though

Old 09-21-2008, 10:30 PM

431 posts, read 1,311,139 times
Flat chested? BOUNCE!!!

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Ok here is the deal:

I have a GF who I have been dating for only 5 months. She started talking about marriage after about, literally, 1 month of dating. She scared away two other girls I had just met, and was starteding to date, while figuring who I liked the most, by basicly stalking me. She constantly stays over EVERY night, wont let me sleep alone and wont give me space or personal time; she is really hott and really cute, Im 35 and she is 26, but, this stalker behavior really bothers me. I have TRIED to break up with her, but I am weak, for some reason I can never pull the trigger. Now, I am in the process of moving to Dallas, I told her I am moving, and she wound up talking me into taking a trip with her to Dallas back in May, so she could see where I will be living (Uptown) and she said she LOVED it and wants to move there with me in a couple months. My married brother tells me that she is actually perfect and I should man up, pull the trigger, move to Dallas with her and get married.

What are the problems? here:

1. Stalker behaviour
2. Flat chested (sorry ladies, it can be important to guys)
3. Most important - even tho she likes to have a lot of sex, she is not great in bed, she lays there and makes me do all the work, wont talk dirty etc. Its like having sex with a pillow or a blow up doll. Oh - and she wont "trim" down there (trying to keep it clean).

Ok, what should I do? Run for the hills, or just accept her flaws and get married to her?

(My thoughts: not a good idea to get married to someone whom I dont really like having sex with.)

Thanks in advance.

Okay, this is our joke for the day, right?

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Dude have you ever learned how to set boundaries?

Teach or instruct her how to treat you. Learn to set boundaries with her and remind her about them....that is why her behavior is so immature. Have you given her sex advice? Most people communicate how they want it and like it in bed! You contribute to the problem. Now you try and fix it before you break it off.

Next problem, are you there for her emotionally and as a friend? Do you respect her boundaries? It doesn't sound like it because she is so overly needy. You must be contributing to that somehow. It's time to learn and mature and grow up a little. Take my advice. See how it works. If she doesn't change for the better over time then you can consider breaking off with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships