Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:48 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,800,100 times

Advertisements

HAhahahaha I feel like the broom in the swiffer commercial..... Great.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:50 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,828,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
One loving, caring, gentle giant free to a good home. I am a good earner, father, and lover. I am house broken and trained to do domestic duties. I love kids and work with a group that tries to get kids off the streets and out of gangs.(having been a gang member in my youth) I don't drink very much. I do smoke but have set 3-31 as the day I quit. I drive fast cars and push them to the limit. I am forgiving up to the point of a problem being repetitive. I listen, even when I don't like what I am hearing. I don't travel with my business. My office can be anywhere the internet is available. I have two beautiful boys that drive me to be the best man I can be. I work hard and play hard. I don't ask for much. Just rub my belly to let me know you care. Oh and if something were to come up during said belly rubbing.... rub that too......

After having a huge fight with my soon to be ex, I sat down and asked myself... Self are you really that bad?

HUGS to you my friend - your sure could use one

Hang in there, this too shall pass.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
HUGS to you my friend - your sure could use one

Hang in there, this too shall pass.
Thanks! Tried to rep ya but you know the deal.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertGirl View Post
You poor thing!
I'm female and will not take her side, as I have been her. That was before I realized the mistakes I was making in dealing with a man.
I made the extremely wrong decision to complain to my mom about him, which set her off to hate his guts. She did till the day she died. What goes on between a couple is no one's business, unless done as you have, in an anyomous thread.
Our miscommunication got worse over the years...I lost respect for him, he got angry, I slept on the sofa, he got depressed, frustrated and abusive. We split up (another story).
I have learned my lesson. My man gets all the attention he needs, I listen to him, cooperate with his plans (as they will benefit both of us), I cook for him, do the laundry (he mixes colors!), keep house (he helps), be the secretary for our small business and I work, too. In return, I have a man that is happy, satisfied, knows he is loved and faithful. He is the ultimate provider, can fix or build anything and reeks masculinity.
Too bad you two can't at least tolerate each other until the kids are up and out. A split will hurt them for life. Between the two of you, it should really be about the kids, not yourselves. But what can you do?
Ahhhh...you are one smart lady Good for you for figuring this stuff out and finding the key to a happy marriage for you!

Old 03-24-2009, 02:57 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,074,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lol. You sure have been flirty lately TT, spring weather in Cali getting to ya?
Just the allergies today! Ugh!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Thanks! Tried to rep ya but you know the deal.
Well, I know you feel pretty beat up - a bad marriage, ESPECIALLY when there are kids involved, will do that to you.

You've tried fitting round pegs into square holes too long - while marriage is work, it's not supposed to be a sentence to hard labor for the rest of your life!!

I'm hoping better days are here for you soon

Old 03-24-2009, 03:14 PM

Keeping it real. Loves I did my share of stupid, unthoughtful, mean, inconsiderate crap. Just not so much in the last say 8 years. Not long after my first son was born I started going to counseling and really getting my crap together. I think my wife has the need to fix screwed up people. Once (i am not saying I am perfect) I pretty much had it together, the light started shining more and more on her. She has refused to grow. She wants to go back and fight over things that are 10 years old or more. I never was abusive or the yelling type. I would just flake out and take off for a few days, usually chasing work, sometimes just chasing the white line on the road. I never really listened when I got home and she was yelling about if you ever and this and that. I would ignore it and usually go to sleep during the but chewing. Our first year married I took off to Cali for new years and went to the most western point on the west coast. Hahaha running from the new year. I had a really jacked childhood and saw myself becoming like my father.

It opened my eyes and I went to see a pro. Anyway here we are roughly 9 years later and I am a different man. Still got a few things to work on. Hopefully I can get it right next time.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:17 PM

3,977 posts, read 3,666,460 times
We're pulling for you Boneheaded.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:19 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,173,792 times
Quote:
: "My co workers say I am right.", "The girls at work tell me I don't have to deal with you.", "Why can't you just deal with it".(These co workers have never been around me. They have never seen US together and are simply making a judgment based on how she presents the problem.).
No doubt these co-workers are all divorced or in miserable marriages. So many happy relationships are ruined by outside instigators who want everyone to be as hateful and miserable as they are.

Your soon-to-be-ex is mad at you because she wants everything to be story-book perfect and its YOUR fault that it isn't. Until she grows up and realizes that the universe does not revolve around her and what she wants and what she thinks, she is not going to be happy. You cannot fix her. You can only make the best life for yourself and try to make it as painless as possible for your children.

Women like that give all of us females a bad name.

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-24-2009, 04:07 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,074,831 times
And really, who gives a flying f*** what her co-workers say? That's a lame argument on her part!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.