Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 11:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

50 pounds of pure excess fat on a man's body is just revolting. How can you make out or have foreplay without gagging. I feel sorry for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
In his suits, he can hide it fairly well. He still looks big, but not as big as when he's in a T-shirt and shorts. But yes, he's gained a few more pounds. He's about 50 pounds overweight. It's not so much the weight, but the reluctance to do anything about it. Yet, I'm pretty much expected to be a young, hot thing. Granted, I need to maintain my weight because I compete in ballroom dance. But I'll bet if I gained 50 pounds, he'd probably want me to do something about it. Hell, he'd even go out on a limb and actually PAY for my trainer and stuff so I could lose weight. I currently pay for all my own training, etc.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:23 PM

Silence, do not feed the banshee's ego, she is already out of control. j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Your not a cold hearted b*tch! We love ya`!

Old 04-22-2009, 11:25 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,304 times
My man says...what is pleasing to the eye is not necessarily pleasing to the touch. Yes, over the years we have both 'changed' however, we love each other emotionally, spiritually and physically just the same as ever....and even more. And so with him I feel free.
Our life now is in a state of major change...and we will change together.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:26 PM

I think you read "A new earth" one too many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
My man says...what is pleasing to the eye is not necessarily pleasing to the touch. Yes, over the years we have both 'changed' however, we love each other emotionally, spiritually and physically just the same as ever....and even more. And so with him I feel free.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:56 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post

I like what your man says!!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 08:21 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
50 pounds of pure excess fat on a man's body is just revolting. How can you make out or have foreplay without gagging.
Rubber gloves?

Old 04-23-2009, 08:24 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I think you read "A new earth" one too many times.
Or have seen Pulp Fiction too many times as well.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:53 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Wow that is harsh. But I cant put you down for it. I feel the same way about long hair. I like women with very very long hair down to their azz. So I found me one with red hair down that far. I have told her for the 5 years we been together that she can do anything she wants including being with other men. I dont care but if she cuts her hair then bye bye. Nothing more manly then a boys haircuts on women.

The fat thing? Despite what men say in public, in private most men prefer a bigger woman. Not a woman with more rolls then Mario's Bakery but just nice and ummmmmmm plump.
We all have to have our priorities, right?

Old 04-23-2009, 11:20 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, that's really shallow.

That being said, I think that both parties in a relationship need to understand that sexual attraction should remain strong throughout the life of the marriage. And taking good care of oneself is part of it. I mean, no realistic guy will ever think that his wife's going to be a size 2 forever. But the inability to take basic care of one's health is a sign that the person just doesn't care for himself or herself. And that person doesn't care how the partner in the marriage feels about things either.

Here's the thing. It's just not that freaking hard to not balloon up to the size of a Macy's parade float: Don't eat like a pig and get some moderate exercise every day. You don't have to be a gym rat subsisting off alfalfa sprouts. Just think before you open your mouth.

Today's my 18th anniversary, and I weigh a whole five pounds more than when I said "I do." And when it came to looking good for my wife, I just didn't view the wedding ceremony as the cotton-picking finish line.
Well-said. I work out now and plan to work out regularly during married life (assuming I get there).

Old 04-23-2009, 12:14 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
It really just boils down to this:

Fat spouse who married a fat spouse - happy and content in their relationship because both are fat. If one starts to get skinny, the other doesnt like it (see the active thread on Have You Ever Fattened Up Your Spouse to Feel More Secure? ). Usually these folks, even they are happy in their relationships, usually try to make themselves feel better by saying how fat/obese people are somehow better than skinny people on the inside.

Skinny spouse who married skinny spouse - These folks are usually happy as well until one starts to get fat/obese. The skinny one usually tries to give hints to the one who is getting fat to take care of their health before serious issues arise, but if the person does not, they start to wonder why the skinny person no longer seem to have as much interest in them physically as they did before.

Skinny female spouse who marries fat/obese male spouse - Rare. Usually this is where the man is fat and wealthy (or has things of wealth) and the woman marries for his possessions and money. Or, if the man is not wealthy but he's still fat/obese, the skinny woman will usually be mule-faced.

Skinny male who marries fat/obese female - Another relationship that usually does well. That is, until the female dedicates herself to taking care of her health by exercising and losing weight. When that happens, she all of a sudden starts to realize/think that she could do better or starts think of all the fun she missed out on in life by being overweight then starts living a "sowing her oats" type of life. Female starts to get praise from friends and family on taking care of herself better and losing weight, and starts to really enjoy the attention that she's never gotten before in her life from males and develops an attitude.

I might also add that its ALWAYS 100% of the time, the fat/obese (or even anorexic/bulimic) woman (or formerly fat/obese/anorexic/bulimic woman) who gets upset about posts like this because it just hits too close to home to them and their emotions. If my wife says to me "you're getting fat" I dont get upset, I just take note of it and do something about it. It doesnt "hit close to home" with me. Just like an ex-girlfriend of mine who used say (in a sweet way like people talk to puppies) "Hey ugly" when she saw me. We both know that I was far from being ugly so I never got upset. I would just say "Awww" because I knew that she loved me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships