Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:34 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,704,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
have a CELL PHONE????????????????

I told her I don't see myself getting a cell phone until next year and she was like it's no way she can date a guy and can't contact him during the day. We had just met last night online and she was pretty and now just rather we be friends-lol

HOw did people date in 1989 without a cell phone??
This sucks dude. How about the telephone? she cannot call you to your house phone? Also you guys met last night and she wants to get ahold of you that fast? Hmmm she sounds she is too fast. How about if you buy a microphone and talk to her on the messenger? Just a suggestion=)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 12:37 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:

I told her I don't see myself getting a cell phone until next year and she was like it's no way she can date a guy and can't contact him during the day. We had just met last night online and she was pretty and now just rather we be friends-lol

Sounds like she might have been a little on the needy side, wanting to know where you are at all times and such. You might have dodged a bullet on this one.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:38 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
There used to be some advantages, though - you could call somebody to just hear his voice and hang up.
So, that was YOU that time?!

You could have at least left a forwarding # for me to breathe heavy for 10 minutes back into.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:41 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
So, that was YOU that time?!
Nah, international calls used to be very expensive.

Quote:
You could have at least left a forwarding # for me to breathe heavy for 10 minutes back into.
Hey, wasn't it fun?!

Old 06-07-2009, 02:12 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,172,705 times
That girl doesn't want a relationship.
She wants a mate on an electronic leash.
Get a phone. Call her and tell her goodbye..

Old 06-07-2009, 02:45 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
I met a 22 year old the other day who actually didnt have a phone. I said to him, "So who's phone is that in your hand?". He says "Its my mom's". I was like, uh huh, right. I became paranoid that the guy didn't want to give me his number because he had a girlfriend he didnt want finding out about me. I however , didnt mention my suspicions, but when we decided to meet somewhere, I sort of just drove by and I didnt see his car so I didn't stop. Oh, well. Should of had a phone. But he didn't. So its no big deal anyways.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:07 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I met a 22 year old the other day who actually didnt have a phone. I said to him, "So who's phone is that in your hand?". He says "Its my mom's". I was like, uh huh, right. I became paranoid that the guy didn't want to give me his number because he had a girlfriend he didnt want finding out about me.
lol i tried that once before "this is my friend's phone I'm just holding it for her." so he asked for my house number and dialed it while we were standing there, which of course was a made up number...so then i felt stupid Now I just say I have a boyfriend but thanks for the compliment

Old 06-07-2009, 09:14 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,031,991 times
I dont & will never have a cell phone. Landlines have been around ALOT longer then cell phones & people did just fine. I hate it when im in a checkout line at the supermarket or walmart,etc.. & some idiot behind or in front of me is talking on their cell phone. Turn the damn thing off !

Old 06-07-2009, 09:22 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,119,229 times
Quote:

Quite frankly I would view this as a red flag. Why does she need to be able to reach you 24/7? I don't want someone constantly monitoring my every move. This reeks of control and lack of trust issues.

How people dated in 1989 was they made plans days before getting together and talked to each other from work or when they were home.

I don't understand why a person is required to have a cell phone. I carry one for emergenices only. Very few people have the number. I give out my home number, never my cell. If I am meeting someone, I'll give it to them. Only for finding each other purposes. There is no other reason to have a cell phone.

You get a cell phone when you want one, not because some control freak wants to be able to monitor your every move.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:35 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,119,229 times
I would never date someone or even be friends with someone who couldn't be bothered to take my call. Texting sometimes is okay but all the time? Talking is way faster than texting, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships