Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 07:41 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,742,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm allergic to constant connection-lol
Actually, I am too. I have a pay-as-you-go which I use only for necessity. No freedom in this type of addiction that some have where they have to text or check emails constantly and not pay attention to who's and what's going on around them. Just another way of being tied down, sometimes to the exclusion of better things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 07:43 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,172,189 times
I wouldn't date someone without a cell phone either. While I don't like to talk and text 24/7, and I wouldn't contact someone during the day while they're working and busy, I can't imagine life without it now. It makes things easier...

I was meeting a date for lunch and I said call me when you're almost there because the place was right by my house and I only literally needed like a minute to get there, and I didn't want to sit around waiting by myself, plus that way I knew I wasn't being stood up for sure!! lol..But not to contact someone during the day and disturb them at work..

Old 06-09-2009, 08:16 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Yeah I've noticed that. I was out with friends and a guy asked me if I had a Myspace...WTF
There's a poster on here who says he picks up women by giving his MySpace name and lets them connect with him there. That's pretty sad if women are falling for that. But if someone asked me if I had a MySpace page, I'd probably get snide and say, "No, I prefer to live in the real world."

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
I was meeting a date for lunch and I said call me when you're almost there because the place was right by my house and I only literally needed like a minute to get there, and I didn't want to sit around waiting by myself, plus that way I knew I wasn't being stood up for sure!! lol
Personally, that would've bothered me. How hard is it to sit and wait for someone? Men wait for women all the time. It's called courtesy.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:27 AM

911 posts, read 2,376,098 times
This girl tells me I'm not her type of guy because I don't have a CELL PHONE????????????????

sounds like a lame excuse

Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,005,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
You're not embracing it correctly. Steps:

1. Gotta clone a sim card.
2. Get a pay as you go one and swap it out.
3. Get your Chinese friend in the IT department to record a tech phone call to relatives.
4. Make random phone calls to India tech support centers and play them back.
5. Enjoy!
What are you talking about? LOL

Old 06-09-2009, 11:20 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,359,242 times
Quote:
have a CELL PHONE????????????????

I told her I don't see myself getting a cell phone until next year and she was like it's no way she can date a guy and can't contact him during the day. We had just met last night online and she was pretty and now just rather we be friends-lol

HOw did people date in 1989 without a cell phone??
Maybe she thinks youre broke...or too cheap to buy one...I mean honestly who plans to get a cell phone in a year? Its not like you should have to save up for it..If you can survive without one now why not keep it that way why wait a year?

Old 06-09-2009, 11:26 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Maybe she thinks youre broke...or too cheap to buy one...I mean honestly who plans to get a cell phone in a year? Its not like you should have to save up for it..If you can survive without one now why not keep it that way why wait a year?
If you joined the merry ranks of those who can't help but follow TVSG's continuing life saga as it unravels on CD (it's almost like an addiction to a seriously BAD soap opera that should never had made it beyond the pilot) you'd understand!

Old 06-09-2009, 11:56 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
She is shallow and rude. Forget her. You don't want to be with that mess.

Quote:

I told her I don't see myself getting a cell phone until next year and she was like it's no way she can date a guy and can't contact him during the day. We had just met last night online and she was pretty and now just rather we be friends-lol

Old 06-09-2009, 12:37 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
What are you talking about? LOL
Jeez...as in you can make anonymous prank calls to the usual Indian contracted tech support lines using broken english back to them with a differing accent.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:

We used a land phone.

I had a cell phone in the 80's but they weren't cute nor compact.

If you just met online, stick to skype for a while before you get too close to her.

Might discover it was better to keep her at a distance until you know each other better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships