Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:24 PM

64 posts, read 185,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Oh, it gets worse.
One night, my son was spending the night out, and turned off his ringer.
When he got home, he showed me his missed calls, where it said I had called him 76 times over a period of about 9 hours.
I didn't even realize I had done it!
I would've guessed I'd called him about a dozen times, maybe less.
I guess sometimes when I get worried about somebody and they're not answering, I just sit there compulsively hitting redial over and over, without really realizing I'm doing it (or at least not realizing how often I'm doing it).

That "76 missed calls" thing was a wake-up for me... I'm seriously trying to make an effort not to be so bothersome to my loved ones lately.
You're too needy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 11:44 PM

84 posts, read 189,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What a disaster, huh! I wonder how people ever got together! They even managed before any telephones!

There used to be some advantages, though - you could call somebody to just hear his voice and hang up.
LOL...I know. Boy what a bunch of neanderthals we were.

It was great NOT to have caller I.D. All those crank calls and NO *69.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:02 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,683,870 times
I absolutely hate texting on cell phones. It is so beyond stupid. Just pick up the damn phone.

I have boundaries with people and you're not going to be sending me endless dumbass texts all day. I can't be on the race track at 110 mph with students while responding to stupid texts. When I work the phone is OFF.

I find if I have something to say that needs to be put in writing email is great. Otherwise pick up the damn phone. I don't want to fool about with my silly keypad on my phone pounding out these one sentence back and forth convos when I can just call you and sort it out.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:11 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Heres an idea for the future. Instead of phones we can carry around cameras that are a feet away from our heads, attached around our head, so that we can talk and walk and drive and do other things without using out hands like with the headphones. Its new because it has a camera like your computer. Thats my suggestion.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:10 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,031,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Oh my! Did it occur to you, TVSG, that after just a little bit of an online chat she realized that she just wasn't interested in you and the cellphone deal was just a good excuse? Did you maybe tell her you were having some of those Fruit Loops for dinner?
Hey...what guy wouldnt impress a girl with a bowl of fruit loops for dinner ? I sure like them even though they are expensive & loaded with sugar.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:40 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,054,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
have a CELL PHONE????????????????

I told her I don't see myself getting a cell phone until next year and she was like it's no way she can date a guy and can't contact him during the day. We had just met last night online and she was pretty and now just rather we be friends-lol

HOw did people date in 1989 without a cell phone??
Unless you have a land line where I can dial and get in contact with you, then I wouldn't want to date you either. What's the point, if I can't call you and you can't call me?

Old 06-08-2009, 09:46 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,922 times
Quote:
Because By then I will reached all my financial goals

Wow! You really are cheap. GoPhones cost LESS than $30, or the girl was superficial or you don't want to put any effort to keep communicating with her.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:13 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
Quote:
have a CELL PHONE????????????????

I told her I don't see myself getting a cell phone until next year and she was like it's no way she can date a guy and can't contact him during the day. We had just met last night online and she was pretty and now just rather we be friends-lol

HOw did people date in 1989 without a cell phone??
People do this with Facebook now. I don't use it and I've had people complain that they don't have a convenient way to reach me. Sad that people can't use phones or email.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:18 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejen View Post
TVSG, on another thread you posted asking if it was acceptable to turn your cell phone off so you didn't wait for it to ring. Which is it? You have or you no have or you occasionally imagine that you hypothetically have or that you hypothetically don't have?

I meant my HOME phone

Old 06-08-2009, 06:57 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,593,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus0123 View Post
You're too needy.

He's 17, into drugs, and overdosed and almost died three weeks ago. The only reason he's still alive is that he fell unconscious on the sidewalk in the middle of a busy entertainment district, and passersby summoned an ambulance.
I'm not "too needy".
I'm trying to determine whether or not he needs an f'ing ambulance at any given time.

I'm short on alternatives right now.
The phone, at this point, has become quite literally a lifeline.

Not to rain on anybody's parade or anything. Just being honest here.
Maybe another woman, in a different situation, would be out of line to call her son so much.
Then again, maybe a woman in a different situation wouldn't need to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships