Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 08:28 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,594,995 times

Advertisements

All I have to say is this: To those who feel that education and worldly speech and any kind of Earthly worth to your eyes is everything to you which otherwise feel that the Man isn't worth your time or even for him to exist in some cases, I'm afraid that you have a rude awakening coming when the end times arrive from a higher power.

Go ahead and say to GOD (to those who believe in him) or even a higher power (to those who believe in that way) when the end times come that "I have this and that and well as many other Earthly things" see how far it gets you. The rest who don't believe in a higher power won't care what I said here.

Have a GREAT Day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 08:29 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,744,773 times
She went out on the weekend and experienced life, she listens to popular music, she's into the latest movies and TV shows. She's involved in pop culture, and taking an interest in the world that's out there.

Me, I'd be happy getting it all from a book, but you can't really say she's not taking an interest in the world just because she doesn't read the newspaper, or watch the news, and exposing herself to negativity.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:31 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,397,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
But you haven't demonstrated that. You haven't even really demonstrated an interest in current events, not that it's the only topic that makes you "smart". What if she was on Jeopardy...and won at least one time? What if she likes Trivial Pursuit--and whips your butt at it every time you play? But also always seeks out one particular category, every chance possible?

Real life isn't what they teach in the "ivory towers" of higher education, even if you come from an Ivy League school. And frankly, college is college. A 4.0 GPA at State is equal to a 4.0 GPA at Harvard or Yale. Being able to talk about mundane topics is more important than discourse in philosphy or physics.

Heck, Marilyn Mach vos Savant is supposed to be the smartest woman out there--and would probably bore me to tears.
ok, well few women i know can hold an in depth discussion on things such as the economy, the political scene, heck even sports. i don't see why wanting a woman who is intellectually capable is too much to ask.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:33 AM

Because that's not all that entails an intellectual capability. A quick wit, a facility with numbers, someone who's good with words--has a large vocabulary and knows how to spell them too...that's also a part of "intelligence".

Would you turn down a piano virtuoso who plays concerts at the White House, just because she doesn't take an interest in politics?

Old 07-31-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
She went out on the weekend and experienced life, she listens to popular music, she's into the latest movies and TV shows. She's involved in pop culture, and taking an interest in the world that's out there.
yes, a dumbass shallow woman. people like that to me are poison, and i avoid them like the plague.
Quote:
Me, I'd be happy getting it all from a book, but you can't really say she's not taking an interest in the world just because she doesn't read the newspaper, or watch the news, and exposing herself to negativity.
and? as i said, i despise shallowness in people.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:39 AM

But shallow could also mean that you care deeply about politics and the economy, but nothing else. To me--that's shallow. You're very good with facts and figures, but you have no creative talents, or interests.

Whatever happened to Renaissance men, who knew a little bit of everything? Again, would you turn down a virtuoso...who cared nothing for politics?

What about people with a limited knowledge of WORLD history? Of the Dark Ages, of the Renaissance? But the same person could be an anthropologist, who doesn't "need" that knowledge. But is smarter than you when it comes to studying fossils and such.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Because that's not all that entails an intellectual capability. A quick wit, a facility with numbers, someone who's good with words--has a large vocabulary and knows how to spell them too...that's also a part of "intelligence".

Would you turn down a piano virtuoso who plays concerts at the White House, just because she doesn't take an interest in politics?
no, i would not. but i do respect articulate people.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
But shallow could also mean that you care deeply about politics and the economy, but nothing else. To me--that's shallow. You're very good with facts and figures, but you have no creative talents, or interests.

Whatever happened to Renaissance men, who knew a little bit of everything? Again, would you turn down a virtuoso...who cared nothing for politics?

What about people with a limited knowledge of WORLD history? Of the Dark Ages, of the Renaissance? But the same person could be an anthropologist, who doesn't "need" that knowledge. But is smarter than you when it comes to studying fossils and such.
i was using politics and the economy as examples. i generally respect people who think deeply, about any topic.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:57 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,908,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
yes, a dumbass shallow woman. people like that to me are poison, and i avoid them like the plague.

and? as i said, i despise shallowness in people.
A person can be shallow on many different levels. Unfortunately for you, you are shallow on one of the worst ones.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:00 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,798,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Teachers are definitely underpaid/appreciated.
But one does have to remember they only work 9 months a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships