Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2011, 02:13 PM

244 posts, read 333,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
I haven't read every post but here I go: im 26 and I still play video games. No I don't go to the midnight launches and no I don't play everyday until 3 am. I work and I have a life. But I would also spend a few hours on the weekends playing, when im chilling and just want to keep it chill. Ladies, let me ask you this: if you can't see your man this weekend, would you rather have him at a club with the fellas or at home with the fellas watching football, eating pizza and playing video games?

I don't see the big deal. I personally don't see how a woman can shop all day but im not going to moan about it.
Exactly my point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 07:09 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,386 times
I think some of the ladies feel ashamed to have a guy that plays what is assumed to be "kids toys". Like they get asked what kind of hobbies does their man do? And if she tells them "Xbox" she'll feel like she's married to a loser. Seen it happen often, because she's more concerned with impressing other people than their own happiness. Or in this case, his own happiness.

Look, I can understand if someone plays videogames to the point where they have no job, no future, leeching off you... yes, I agree that's a problem. But if he works, pays his bills, still spends time with his family and takes care of his portion of household chores what is the big deal? Seriously?

Old 10-31-2011, 11:41 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,268,809 times
Well I would tell you how my wife felt about my gaming days but this is a PG13 forum .

Those where interesting times to say the least. It started out all innocent playing a few hours here and there but quickly turned into 4-6 game days 7 days a week. I had my own Clan and forum etc etc but that is all in the past. Oh I still own a PS3 but the wife and I use it more for watching Netflix together.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:58 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,852,616 times
I'm 31, FEMALE, and just go done beating down Mr. Freeze in Arkham City. I'm kind of upset that I didn't preorder so I could get the Robin playable character, but hey, being Batman is hella fun.

I can't wait until March for the PAX expo in Boston...I think I'll be cosplaying as Dr. Insano this year.

Games are just another form of entertainment...how are they any different from watching a movie or a show? At least when I'm playing D&D I'm interacting with other people, and we're using our brains instead of just vegging out.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Wow thank god my woman isnt as narrowminded as some of the girls on this forum.

I probably play about 1-3hrs about 5 days a week. I don't neglect my fiance or my priorities (I'm a neat freak so I'm constantly cleaning my apartment, doing laundry once a week, etc.). I hold down a steady job (knock on wood) and video games have never affected my working or personal life.

I grew up with video games and always had fun with it. I find it a stress reliever sometimes too when I want to get out of reality. I'm an avid baseball and football fan so I'm always playing sports games as well.

Thats not to say I don't do physical outdoors stuff, I go hiking, biking, avid tennis player, and go snowboarding. I'm in NYC every weekend visiting a new restaurant, bar, or eatery. I like to take in the sights of the NYC skyline near my apartment from the Jersey side where there is a nice park. I have a Mustang that I take on scenic drives all the time.

My fiancee doesn't play video games but she knows its a hobby and doesn't control my life. She's never knocked it nor complained about me having a Wii or Playstation. She'll play once in a while but its just not her thing which is fine. I can tell you we've never fought over anything having to do with my video game playing nor has it affected anything with our relationship.

Sometimes people need to accept the fact that just because they're not interested in something doesn't mean someone else isn't. I will say the video game player who plays like its a second job does and will have future issues if he/she (YES there are growing numbers of female players out there) decides to be in a relationship with a non-gamer.

im not saying I don't like video games but atleast you clean give your wife attention , im going through hell my children father wont even wash a dish and takes 3 days to take trash never really goes to bed with me on game 2 hours a dday dosent even help me wth my children homework which is our responsibility because there his too your wife is lucky

Old 04-23-2016, 06:15 PM

1,544 posts, read 925,071 times
I personally see nothing wrong with a guy who still plays video games, as I also play them. Just as long as he doesn't sit on his behind for hours on end playing like a recluse.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:13 AM

29 posts, read 42,588 times
I like to play video games likr once a week for 1 hour maybe, but the trick is to be a pc gamer, instead of console play statiom gamer, the console itself signifies gaming, anyone who sees it, knows you play games

Whereas with a pc or laptop, you may have games in them, and play them from time to time, but to other people is just a pc or laptop for work, school and internet

The consoles are associated with kids and childhood

Old 04-27-2016, 06:34 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Me and my girlfriend play games that will make you have to use your brain such as God of War, Batman Arkham Knight, and Tomb Raider. But it's not all we do because I go to school and she works and It's nothing but an entertaining hobby. Let me ask the ladies who are so against video games this, would you rather your man be out selling drugs or going to clubs and cheating on you when you aren't around? If he is giving you attention and working then let him play his game. I would dump a woman who told me I couldn't play my game.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:44 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
I think its sad that so many men go home and play with a machine. It used to be a guy could go to a bar, hang out with his buddies for awhile, have a couple of belts and then go home. DWI laws and sky high taxes on alcohol ended that. Its left men even more isolated and alone. So many freedoms gone. They've turned so many into machines that work and make tax money to support the govt. and the myriad of welfare programs.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I think its sad that so many men go home and play with a machine. It used to be a guy could go to a bar, hang out with his buddies for awhile, have a couple of belts and then go home. DWI laws and sky high taxes on alcohol ended that. Its left men even more isolated and alone. So many freedoms gone. They've turned so many into machines that work and make tax money to support the govt. and the myriad of welfare programs.
The good old days of drunk driving? That's an odd thing to wax nostalgic for. Tons of video games are interactive, and there's a large online gaming community. They still hang out with buddies. They just drink at home instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships