Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 10:10 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This has what to do with the thread? And what exactly does Cosmo have to say and how do you know?
*chuckles*

dear, its called sarcasm

When I read this thread's title I just couldn't resist.

and FTR Marie Claire is just as vapid as Cosmo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 10:13 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
What do men think of grown women who still read Cosmo and take it seriously?
Or they post duckface selfshots on Facebook.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:14 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,653 times
I've always liked video games and I own a lot of them (only for Xbox 360 or my computer) but they sort of fell by the wayside when my girlfriend and I started spending significant amounts of time together. I miss them, but they are really a "me time" type of activity. We've been dating a long time now and spend almost all our free time together; I don't think she's ever seen me play on my Xbox. They are one of my favorite hobbies but I like her better than Halo

That being said, even when I did play I couldn't play for more than a couple hours. She grew up with a lot of brothers so she was actually surprised I play so little now. Maybe I'll have to institute an Xbox night once a week or something, lots of good games coming out soon! Plus it's a good way to keep in touch with my old buddies across the country without being stuck in a phone call.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:45 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Or they post duckface selfshots on Facebook.
I used to love duckface pictures, because I was under the impression that the intention was to look funny or goofy or silly, but Sexy?! C'mon! Sexy?!?! *SMH*

Old 09-01-2011, 02:16 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Total turn-off, unless they make millions developing them.
How typically suburban female: IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!

Couldn't help noticing that you'd be turned on by a guy making money by developing the very thing that turns you off!

Old 09-01-2011, 04:07 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Video games = movies = music = books = entertainment.....Many girls are gamers now....I think?

Old 09-01-2011, 04:12 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Video games = movies = music = books = entertainment.....Many girls are gamers now....I think?
True, but it seems like there's still a stigma around games.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:23 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
I would have expected it to fade faster than it has, given the fact that the first wave of video game players are well into their 30s and 40s now. The teenagers who were on the Pac-Man and Galaga machines in the early 80s? Forty-something today.

The idea that video games are for kids is something of an American peculiarity. That mindset is not widespread in Japan, for example. Nintendo's (in)famous censorship policies are a Nintendo of America thing; some games in Japan such as role-playing often have more "adult" humor, innuendo and such that were and continue to be common, but when they got translated they were sanitized so as not to court too much controversy around "corrupting America's youth." There is a similar line of thinking around cartoons, as up to the time the Simpsons and even South Park hit it was widely assumed that anything animated was kiddie fare.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:31 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
I agree with this. The other day I was telling one of the fellow moms at my son's school that we spent one of the previous weekends playing X-Box and Wii. The parent gave me a weird look and said, "Aren't you a little old for that?"

Mind you, she was probably around 50, and she seemed pretty old-school and conservative. But I just wanted to roll my eyes when she said that.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:52 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I agree with this. The other day I was telling one of the fellow moms at my son's school that we spent one of the previous weekends playing X-Box and Wii. The parent gave me a weird look and said, "Aren't you a little old for that?"

Mind you, she was probably around 50, and she seemed pretty old-school and conservative. But I just wanted to roll my eyes when she said that.
That ignorant, degenerate, old hag

You should tell her that nursing homes use the Wii system to help them on physical and occupational rehab. I should know because I used to work in one.

You can also tell her that there have been studies(you can look them up when you have time) that says that video games helps improve hand-eye coordination. She's probably too old to even heard of Wii+Fit and the other game consoles with motion controllers.

Video games can be educational depending on the game. There are war strategy games that are historically depicted. I played the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors series. It took me to look up the characters to find out that they are REAL people and to learn about the time periods. It was interesting.

According to an X-Play site, there was a study by I think it was from Johns Hopkins or Wake Forest that said that the game, L.A. Noir is a great game for people with Asbergers because it helps them recognizes the facial expressions of the characters. (You can look that up too.)

Man, I wish I was there, I would of said, "Aren't you a little too young to sound like a degenerate old hag?" Hhmph!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships