Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 11:37 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I ask myself this question from time to time (BTW, I am not seeking to do this). If something happened to my dh or we divorced for some reason, would I get married again?

I honestly don't know. I am totally open to being with someone without the "paper" but I don't think I could say NEVER to marriage again.

What are your thoughts?
If it does happen you let the Capt. know! He knows where Carolina is!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 11:41 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
If it does happen you let the Capt. know! He knows where Carolina is!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is this a "future" proposal?

Old 11-05-2009, 11:46 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Is this a "future" proposal?
Si Si Si!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant resist you mountain mamas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,545,876 times
My wife says that if I die, she won't be getting married again. She assumes that if she dies, I will remarry. She thinks that women can live alone, but men can't.

I've told her that I won't be getting remarried. The closest I might consider is living together, but I even doubt that.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:51 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
My wife says that if I die, she won't be getting married again. She assumes that if she dies, I will remarry. She thinks that women can live alone, but men can't.

I've told her that I won't be getting remarried. The closest I might consider is living together, but I even doubt that.
I agree. I don't need any more nagging.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:55 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
If there's one thing I've learned, it's never to say never. While I'd like to say I'd never get married again, because those are my exact sentiments at this moment, who knows what can happen 5 or 10 years down the road. I certainly wouldn't close my mind off to the idea entirely, but she would have to be one special woman in order to get me to sign on the dotted line again. I can say without a doubt that I would bask in my solitude without living with anyone for awhile. I'd date and even maintain a serious monogomous relationship, but I wouldn't want to live with anyone for a long time to come.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:08 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
It would take a miracle!

Old 11-05-2009, 03:32 PM

122 posts, read 389,593 times
No!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I certainly wouldn't close my mind off to the idea entirely, but she would have to be one special woman in order to get me to sign on the dotted line again. I can say without a doubt that I would bask in my solitude without living with anyone for awhile. I'd date and even maintain a serious monogomous relationship, but I wouldn't want to live with anyone for a long time to come.
I find this strange because my impression is you're happily married. Didn't think such people feel the need for long solitude. Also, aren't they more likely to remarry since they've had it good...?

Old 11-05-2009, 06:55 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
A husband and wife lay in bed one night. The wife is obviously thinking about something, and she finally asks, "Honey, if I were to die, would you remarry?"

The man answers, "Of course not. I could never love anyone as much as I love you."

His wife says to him, "I don't want you to be alone. You deserve someone in your life to love you and take care of you. Promise me you'll think about getting married again."

The man replies, "All right, I promise."

After a short pause, the woman then asks, "What about my car? Would you let her drive my car?"

Her husband answers, "Sweetheart, don't talk like that. I can't imagine marrying anybody else, honestly, so nobody is going to drive it. This is a silly conversation, and you're starting to upset me."

The woman insists, "You promised you'd consider it, and that's a very good car. It's practically new. It would be a shame not to keep on using it. I don't want you to waste money, even after I'm gone. Promise me you'll let her drive my car."

The man replies, "All right, I promise."

His wife is quiet for a time and then speaks again. "What about my golf clubs? They're top of the line. You'd let her use them, wouldn't you?"

The man answers, "Oh, sweetie, no ... she's left-handed."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships