Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 08:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Naaa...life's too short to play games...tell him what is up and get over it or move on
Or dump him...and go out with his best bud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 PM

62 posts, read 165,840 times
I just did and he just had this blank expression with no words or remarks.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:55 PM

62 posts, read 165,840 times
his best bud moved away, not really my type. thanks though!

Old 11-11-2009, 08:57 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzynblgs View Post
NOTHING?? Wow...well, I am at a loss for words (which is rare!)...

Quote:
his best bud moved away, not really my type. thanks though!
Glad you have a good sense of humor about it!

Old 11-11-2009, 08:59 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,188 times
Quote:
It becomes a BIG deal when I am basically the bread winner, the maid, the cook, the assistant...blah,blah. he has a way of coming of as if I was the only one for him, but blocks me out of his life at the same time. His whole entire family (which they really like me a lot) is on there and he is close with them. But I feel like I do more for him than they do.
Not to offend you but it seems like you have been with what seems like a loser so you do not have to be alone. That is a very bad thing to do, and I have seen it far too many times before - Women in their 20s or 30s so desperate for the stereotypical family life that they marry the first loser they find. Cut this guy off and find a more appreciative man.

And for the record.. I do not usually add girlfriends that I have not been with for at least several months to Facebook. There is way too much personal information on my page, and I only share it with close friends from school and college. I had a bad experience once where a friend of mine posted a video I was in to my Facebook page (explicit.. was young and needed the money.. Only told 1 person about it..), and an ex I had just broken up with took it, posted it to the schools forum as well as a few other places on the net.. From that point on I made my page private and only accepted friend requests from close friends.

Everyone has their reasons for not accepting your request on Facebook.. And honestly, it is not even that big of a deal. In my opinion, you seem to have issues with your boyfriend that are above and beyond Facebook..

Heh.. Looks like my post came a bit late.. Glad you rid yourself of him..

Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Well like I said, I am laid back and do not mind the paying for things, and being a maid....I am pretty OCD about neatness and stuff. He does try to do things around the house, when I remind him. And I was ok with all this...until he would not include me in facebook. I know it sounds childish, but he never communicates and he can sit right in front of me and not say a word. I ask him things to try to see where his head/thoughts are and he always replies with nothing. NO kidding when I say we go for day's with out really saying much. It's like hie cares for me...but does not have any intentions of going further. But then we have these two cat and he always talks to them like babies, even goes as far as calling them his daughter cat and son cat. Also he refers to me as mama when he is talking to them. Maybe it is the mixed signals that have be in all sorts of freaking out mode. Dunno....getting worn out. I do not have alot of friends, and he is all that I have or know. My fam. is not my real fam., but i refer to them as such. I was an orphan and these peeps kinda took a liking towards me. So I kinda have this fear of never being a part of a fam. Just was hoping that I could kinda be thought of as part of his fam., so to speak. But someone told me once and orphan, always an orphan...just was hoping not to feel like that.

Darling, you are strictly his sugarmamma. He sees himself as a kept man. He will only give you enough in this "relationship" to keep things status quo.

This man-child does not see you as his "soul mate" or his "dream girl" and he is using you. He is talking to people in his own peer group on facebook and that doesn't include you.

In you he has a maid, a cook, a pet sitter, a free sex partner, Santa Claus and probably even a financier.

Also, a 32 year old woman with a 25 year old man-child equals a cougar/cub relationship - you are not going to beat the odds on this one, especially not with what you have described of your relationship. This guy is getting the best part of your early 30s and will move on by his late 20s around the time that he finds his "real" soul mate (who will probably be his age or younger).

Find some friends of your own. The fact that this man-boy is "all that you have or know" is YOUR problem. People that are in your social situation of lacking connects with others outside of the love interest are very vulnerable to a lover taking advantage of you; as this guy obviously is doing.

Get some self esteem, find some self love....move on.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
good for you! now go out with your friends and have a ball!

Old 11-12-2009, 04:11 PM

136 posts, read 569,238 times
Dump Him, He is using you, and is probably cheating to boot.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:14 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Yeah, but when I do get home he never talks to me. He can go all week and not say much to me.
This is a much bigger problem than facebook

Old 11-12-2009, 05:13 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Yeah, but when I do get home he never talks to me. He can go all week and not say much to me.
Just spends his time on the internet...Offtopic and talks to a few buds online.
That's it. That's all I need to know. Leave. WHY would you stay????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships