Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,522 times

Advertisements

just set your relationship status to "its complicated" then it sounnds like you will be set
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 08:03 PM

9 posts, read 15,818 times
This post is real i promise you I am living it. We have been together for three years (we have broken up a couple of times over the years). We are now engaged and supposed to get married (although we have not set a date). He is 43 and I am 35.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:03 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyMerrick View Post
My boyfriend and I have had trouble with jealousy on myspace and are no longer friends on myspace (mainly I would get upset when he was being flirty with females). About a year ago, I sent my boyfriend a friend request on Facebook and he ignored it. My boyfriend is a journalist on TV and he has a lot of attractive female facebook friends. He spends A LOT of his time on Facebook. He has a lot of photographs of himself and other women on his facebook but no pictures of me on his facebook. His relationship status is blank although we are "in a relationship". Most of his photos are hidden, but I can see a few (the ones he allows me to see). I cannot help but feel left out and I am getting really upset over this. Am I overreacting?
Given your past history, I don't blame your boyfriend for not wanting to be your "friend" on FB. And maybe he just wants FB for networking purposes. Many celebrities downplay their real life romantic relationships in order to maximize on their popularity with their fans. And as a journalist, perhaps he gets more news leads and information by flirting with his female contacts.

I feel that it's more important to have a healthy in person, non-internet relationship than have it so widely known on sites like FB and myspace. Aside from the FB snub, how does he treat you in real life?

Not everyone wants to declare their relationship status and who their s/o is on FB. Only you can decide how important it is for you to parade your relationship status and details on a site like that. And only you can decide if you want to continue your relationship with him since he feels differently than you about being a FB couple.

You should also ask yourself is part of your distress is that you'd like to show off to the world that you are the girlfriend of a TV journalist... and if you are hoping to have some of that celebrity glitter rub off on you.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:10 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,817,357 times
Heh - I just got out of an awkward situation when my mother found out from my cousin today that I had my status updates set so only certain groups of people to see it, because he said something to my aunt, and a couple other cousins, who asked my Mom about it... so I got the guilt trip from hell, because Mom now feels "left out". It's frickin' FACEBOOK! I just like to keep certain things private, because I need my space. I think most of us do. I don't want my mom reading about the guy I went out with last week, or whatever.

That said, I think I would be concerned if a guy I was committed to was acting so secretive. I keep my privacy settings a certain way because - yup - I DON'T WANT MY FAMILY READING CERTAIN THINGS. It is not because of trust issues, or that I'm hiding some deep, dark secret, it's simply because it's out of my comfort zone for them to be right in there with my friends posting crude humor or flirting, or tagging me in embarrassing photos. I'm too old for this, and I feel like a 16 year old whose bedroom door lock was removed, or something. For Cripe's sake, I have a son who is almost 16!

Personally, though, I think social networking sites are evil. They've caused me a lot of unnecessary drama, today alone.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:15 PM

240 posts, read 385,780 times
Guys don't feel bad, my so demanded my password, so I gave it to them and deleted my account the next day.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:48 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
If I were you I'd pack my bags and move to MySpace.
Its not like anyone else is still there.....

Old 07-27-2010, 08:58 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyMerrick View Post
This post is real i promise you I am living it. We have been together for three years (we have broken up a couple of times over the years). We are now engaged and supposed to get married (although we have not set a date). He is 43 and I am 35.

Do everyone else a favour and plant a tree.

If you still wanna act like teenagers, send me a farmville cow and you're excused. And while you're at it, send me a cow I can milk

Old 07-27-2010, 08:58 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,568,138 times
OP..Looking a your comment in another thread about your bf, the answer isn't rocket science.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:03 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,817,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
OP..Looking a your comment in another thread about your bf, the answer isn't rocket science.
Ooooh, I think you're on to something, there....

Old 07-27-2010, 09:29 PM

389 posts, read 777,281 times
SIGH ...

Just another young girl all upset & confused over Facebook. Listen to me. You're acting really really childish over this. You're acting like a giggly emotional little teenage girl with her first boyfriend. Don't worry about Facebook girl!

Now that being said, I'll give you some advice on this situation: I say he's a jerk. Even though it's just some bull on Facebook & it means almost nothing, there may be some kinda message he's trying to send you without being too harsh. Maybe he's trying to tell you he has no interest anymore. Or maybe he's just a jerk.

Either way, you gotta grow up a little bit. I ain't trying to offend you or be mean or anything, but you're waisting your time. Don't get so stressed out over freakin friends on Facebook. It ain't worth it. If you're gonna take things so seriously on that damned hell bound website, maybe you shouldn't be on it @ all. Again, I honestly ain't trying to be mean. I just can't find a nicer way to say that. If you weren't too damn hung up on Facebook crap you wouldn't have started this thread. Don't worry about it. Talk to your boyfriend about any REAL problems you may have IN PERSON. NO LITTLE GIRL FACEBOOK TALK EITHER!

Jessie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships