Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 05:26 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Men are judged in America in many or most cases primarily on the size of his wallet, hence the high probability of a male committing suicide when he gets fired from his job.

Thus people not seeing males as real human beings with real feelings and emotions.
The problem in that area is that males have a tendency to define ourselves by our jobs or careers. I think every male has done that to some extent. It's much more a part of our identity than it tends to be with women. Women I think tend to define themselves more based on their "nest", friends and family.

Either is susceptible to take it to the extremes.

I think hence with such a focus on our careers as men and how it defines us and also the pressure of "providing" all the resources to make a family happen, some can't handle it when a career change is forced on us.

Women complain a lot about men being emotionless and uncaring or that the male doesn't fulfill their "needs". Some of these women have a legitimate gripe, however some I see frame men as such and treat men like garbage nothing and hence tend to get the same back at them.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:31 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post

I think most women are content to find a man who can take care of himself...a steady job/career is not too much to expect in a potential partner. You make it sound as though most women won't go near a man in America unless he's pulling down six or seven figures, sorry, that's just not the case. That's usually the excuse a guy uses for not scoring a woman he's interested in instead of finding a healthier method of dealing with rejection.
I think it's fair enough that a steady job is essential if one is agreeing to be shackled to responsibility of a family and a wife.

However I have seen a lot of women with strict income requirements and a lot of it I think comes down to unrealistic expectations people have of coming from their parents and expecting a similar lifestyle right out of college.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:09 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Well, I have a novel idea for the OP and all the guys here on this thread who agree with him: Stay over there, or go over there, as the case may be. I'd guess that the reason you guys have problems with American women is because many of us are not dependent on you for our money, or our well being, nor do we want to look like 12 year old boys because enjoy our womenly curves: What we need from men is simply to be an honest man, a faithful and trustworth partner, who is happy within himself, not concerned with what their pals think, who is not threatened or lacking in self esteem and need us to make them feel like "beeg, stroung man"...
So, uh, Buh Bye...

Why do you take this so personally?

The question is, are YOU like that? If not, then be relieved.

Anyway, from your own experience, do you know of any American woman who would behave that way? If yes, then perhaps it's dating behavior that is a turn-off.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:19 PM

26 posts, read 22,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Women complain a lot about men being emotionless and uncaring or that the male doesn't fulfill their "needs". Some of these women have a legitimate gripe, however some I see frame men as such and treat men like garbage nothing and hence tend to get the same back at them.
They complain about men being emotionless, yet American society drills it into males from the earliest of ages that you cannot show any sign of weakness and showing emotion is for sissies.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:40 PM

392 posts, read 1,095,575 times
I enjoy people of all cultures, always have. I enjoy experiencing the different people and their way of lives. I love Asia, been there many times and always enjoy the culture, food and people. but to generalize that all American women are bad, cause you enjoy certain qualities about Asian women is immature in my opinion.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:08 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
The problem in that area is that males have a tendency to define ourselves by our jobs or careers. I think every male has done that to some extent. It's much more a part of our identity than it tends to be with women. Women I think tend to define themselves more based on their "nest", friends and family.

Either is susceptible to take it to the extremes.

I think hence with such a focus on our careers as men and how it defines us and also the pressure of "providing" all the resources to make a family happen, some can't handle it when a career change is forced on us.

Right but the only thing is that the suicide rates of men have went up significantly in the past few decades. Men in general are shown less and less support and love by society.

Males are over 3 times likely to committ suicide than women are.

That's very high.

You can expect men to be the providers without making him feel only like a wallet.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones100 View Post
They complain about men being emotionless, yet American society drills it into males from the earliest of ages that you cannot show any sign of weakness and showing emotion is for sissies.
Right, men are not taught to talk about their feelings and express themselves, leading to health risks and adding to the causes of suicde.

Males don't have the support groups that women have in this society.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:00 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Right but the only thing is that the suicide rates of men have went up significantly in the past few decades. Men in general are shown less and less support and love by society.

Males are over 3 times likely to committ suicide than women are.

That's very high.

You can expect men to be the providers without making him feel only like a wallet.
Where are your sources that this is the reason that men commit suicide? Most people who kill themselves are clinically depressed or otherwise seriously mentally ill, not just bummed out about money.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Where are your sources that this is the reason that men commit suicide? Most people who kill themselves are clinically depressed or otherwise seriously mentally ill, not just bummed out about money.
"The Myth of Male Power" by Warren Farrell.

Worrying about money can make you VERY depressed.

That's only one of the reasons. The main reasons for men killing themselves is that they feel unloved and a burden DUE to money.

Money itself is not the main reason BUT it can make a man feel as if he is not worth much is he is not able to support his family.

People who feel GUNUINELY loved and needed rarely commit suicide.

More white males commit suicide than anyone else because they have become the most dependent on success to attract love.

A husband whose wife dies is about ten times more likely to commit suicide than a wife whose husband dies.

Unemployed men commit suicide at twice the rate of employed men. Among women there is no difference in the rate of suicide based on whether or not the woman is employed. T

The suicide rate of adolescent boys has recently increased three times as quickly as the girls.```````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````

Old 12-07-2009, 07:45 AM

38 posts, read 155,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Well, I have a novel idea for the OP and all the guys here on this thread who agree with him: Stay over there, or go over there, as the case may be. I'd guess that the reason you guys have problems with American women is because many of us are not dependent on you for our money, or our well being, nor do we want to look like 12 year old boys because enjoy our womenly curves: What we need from men is simply to be an honest man, a faithful and trustworth partner, who is happy within himself, not concerned with what their pals think, who is not threatened or lacking in self esteem and need us to make them feel like "beeg, stroung man"...
So, uh, Buh Bye...
In this case. you don't need to inquire about about much the guy is getting in the pay check, about the car an other materialistics!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships