Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,240,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
PUA?! In his wildest dreams!
Oh come on! You know he would be at the local MENSA chapter, any Borders, or snooty coffee shop.

Outside of those venues is probably like a trainwreck in slow motion for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 09:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Oh come on! You know he would be at the local MENSA chapter, any Borders, or snooty coffee shop.

Outside of those venues is probably like a trainwreck in slow motion for him.
Not being as evolved, I wouldn't know about MENSA, but I'm pretty sure he can't make it even in a snooty coffee shop.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:14 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
IDK, I personally would feel absolutely foolish even stating that I wanted to be a "Pickup Artist" , besides,most of the idiots don't even realize that more and more women are starting to find out about that nonsense anyway.

While I'm not lady killer, I would think just trying to be friendly and down to earth would be a much better approach instead of trying to have some agenda. If you just act casual that would seem to be a better.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:28 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,659 times
All joking aside...

How would you love a woman if you couldn't say anything at all? How would you kiss her? touch her? How would you look into her eyes? or nuzzle her neck? How would you make her feel wanted, make her feel special, make her feel helpless yet safely protected?

Think about that...and that's the spirit your words should take if you want to pursue a woman with any kind of romantic/intimate intention.

And it is not what you know, it is how you present it. Just pointing it out, but you look to others, writers...philosophers...etc., far too often for guidance instead of forming your own opinion. Do you have one? If women can "google" the entire substance of your conversation, why are they listening to you?

Don't try to be someone else you're just not. You know how many people try to pull off lame magic tricks just because PUA does it? You may see your knowledge as your great hindrance but in all reality, it is the greatest sexual tool you have. You just have to learn how to package that knowledge. Don't express it as fact but as open to interpretation...hell, ask her opinion. The best approach is jumping between serious and lighthearted. All women like to learn new things...not too many like to read the text book. Little pieces inserted here and there are very sexy. But what is most important of all is your own ideas and opinions. I mean she wants to know who you are, not some guy from the 16th century.

Ex.

I possess a freakish amount of knowledge about the stars and space. Most of it involves boring statistics, formulas, and anomalies about the universe. I also know a lot of Greek Mythology, Native Myths, and Viking/Germanic/Anglo/Celtic Legends about the sky and moon also (I was a rabid cub scout).

Whenever I find myself out with someone special at night, whether it be laying on a blanket, sitting on a porch or park bench, or outside on some private balcony...I look at the sky with them and pull a romantic "star story" or "moon story" from my collection. Ha...sometimes I add my own little parts to make it better but they never know

After that, I admit I get a little excited going into all the theories involving nebulas, neutron stars, pulsars, etc. I feed them just enough to make them wonder...I don't lecture on it.

Finally, I point out my star to them.

"You see that star right there? Right there, just to the upper right of those two bright ones?"

"No...I can't see it..."

"It is really dim, like you're not even really sure if it is there or not."

"Ahh yeah...I see it now"

"When I was about six, my dog died. So I cried myself to sleep but woke up in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep no more so I climbed out my window, laid on the roof and pondered the night sky. I remember searching that vastness for the dimmest star I could see. My hope was, maybe, that no one had discovered it yet and I would be the first to name it...after my dog. That's the star there and his name is Mojo. LOL...I think he may be some kind of ultra-slow rotating pulsar because occasionally he sends a twinkle this way."

--------

It is all in how you package what you know

Old 01-14-2010, 10:26 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,163,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enamdar View Post
My dilemma:

1. I've come to understand human nature more clearly. Seeing them as biological creatures with quite sadistic tendencies. Living in a world surrounded by merciless sadists, can make a guy pretty depressed.

2. There are some historical periods, people, and ideas that I greatly admire but all ultimately gave way to something new, which I didn't like as much. So it seemed like the "bad guys" always win. But I grew more sophisticated and saw that the new comes out of the old and doesn't just drop from the sky. So the world we live in today, is the sum total of all the "good times", in history fulfilling their natural development. True freedom means understanding the laws of the world and making decisions based on that understanding.

3.Therefore I realized that as a man living in 2010 USA, my "duty" was to pursue what a young man is "supposed to" desire. Sex, drugs and rock. In that sense PUA is a kind of duty for me.

4. Despite point 2 and 3, point 1 still has a powerful influence over me, and I'm not sure its been totally refuted which is why its hard for me to fully commit to PUA.

Don't worry, your dilemma and feelings are quite common for guys who had the wool pulled over their eyes for so long and finally see the Matrix for what it is. Cognitive dissonance often results and it takes time to get over.

An example, boys are often raised by single women nowadays and they're told to do all the logically good sounding things their mothers and sisters tell them to do for women. Women instead think of these men as completely boring and asexual and the men find little or no success with the opposite sex. Instead they're the shoulder to cry on when the badboys doing the opposite of what they were told is in fact the ones getting success with their special snowflake. Enter "game". Men have the veil lifted and what results is words of wisdom such as "Pay not attention to what she says, but what she does". At first is sounds depressing that what they were told all their lives isn't in fact how things are, that what really goes on behind the scenes is, well, to be perfectly honest sociopaths galore. What most men these days would classify as "treating women right" in fact gets them nowhere and what was drilled into their heads by feminism to be mistreatment is in fact what makes women desire men. Thinks like making them chase you, not giving them the world on a platter, being a challenge, and yes, having big muscles/good looks can turn heads better far sooner than a high IQ or nice bank statement.

In short, "Game" turns men's worldview upside down when the cold hard truths of female behavior become clear, often being a complete 180 to what they were raised to believe. It's a lot to take in. Over time though you get used to it and just accept it for what it is.

Some additional reading:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59150
http://www.the-spearhead.com/2010/01...-women-gone-2/
http://www.the-spearhead.com/2009/11...-so-much-hate/
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthr...77#post1607877

http://www.singularity2050.com/2010/...ry-bubble.html

And last but not least:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=162546

Last edited by Nutz76; 01-14-2010 at 10:47 PM..

Old 01-14-2010, 10:31 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,735,106 times
Oh, my god. I skimmed the first post and then saw bobman's second post and literally rolled off of my bed laughing.

Didn't read anything else but sorry OP, you epic fail as a pick up artist.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I'm suffering from Al Bundy's sense of sobriety !

"it's not quite the same when you're sober, is it ?"
"where you can't touch a breast, but you can cave in a chest...at the nudie bar!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
besides,most of the idiots don't even realize that more and more women are starting to find out about that nonsense anyway.
Your point?

http://www.metroseduction.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=11412 (broken link)

Quote:
Hello Metro Seduction,

My name is Panda and I am a student at Mason.

I found out about PUAing through a discussion with friends who read "The Game" and the Mystery method to hit on women. I was curious and read The Game over the summer.

One day, a guy came up to me and hit on me on the bench near the JC. I was curious about and attracted to him, and I gave my number. Later I found out this guy was a PUA known as Color.

I ended up learning some more about the Game through Color and met some really cool PUA guys along the way. In the end, Color and the other PUAs trusted me enough to be them wingwoman and I have sarged with them in the past. Their friendship and trust is invaluable and has helped me shaped my opinion that PUAing is overall beneficial (I have mentioned this in a letter posted recently). However, I personally do not have experience hitting on men through the PUA methods and am not a female PUA...yet Nevertheless, I support you guys and hope you welcome me in the forums as a friend

Quote:
Dear Ladies of the forum,

Before you make any rash conclusions about the PUAs and the posts of the forums, please consider my story and thoughts.

After a couple of weeks seeing a guy, I realized he was different from others guys who had tried to pursue me. I had a hunch he was a PUA, so I googled sarging and pickup in DC and discovered this website.

Many months later, I became more familiar with the PUA community. I have read The Game by Neil Strauss. My PUA has told me about the countless women he encountered. I have met his PUA friends, seen them in action, and even became a wingwoman on numerous occasions for them.

I will bluntly that yes, there are good PUAs and bad PUAs. Some PUAs are looking for a steady girlfriend and even soul mate, and some are looking for one night stands or any other type of hookup.

But in the end, all of the PUAs are looking for one thing: they are learning how to approach and talk to a woman.

PUAs that I know have been the kindest and most respectful guys I have met. And, hard to believe, many of the guys here are or were average geeky guys who just wanted a chance with girls. The seduction techniques they learn benefits the girls as well as the guys learning it. They are actively doing what we women wish most guys in our lives would do in our everyday lives: to come up and say hi to us, to take charge of a situation, and actively pursue us.

For the sake of the men who really benefit from this forum, please read the posts with an open mind. The guys in the forum have placed their trust that women can look through the forums and have a respect and understanding of the community and the members within it. Please respect their wishes and honor their trust.

- Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
While I'm not lady killer, I would think just trying to be friendly and down to earth would be a much better approach instead of trying to have some agenda. If you just act casual that would seem to be a better.
Everybody has an agenda even if you're "acting casual" with a girl you like. You still want to see her naked at some point and want her affection/companionship. Just the way it is.

Last edited by Nutz76; 01-14-2010 at 10:52 PM..

Old 01-14-2010, 11:53 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,032,219 times
^^ Her name is Panda? *sound of all credibility wooshing out the window*

I think the PUA names are awfully hilarious. There is nothing sexy about the name Moonchild or Rock or Fig.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
^^ Her name is Panda? *sound of all credibility wooshing out the window*

I think the PUA names are awfully hilarious. There is nothing sexy about the name Moonchild or Rock or Fig.
PUA names are just like handles on internet forums (and largely for the same exact reasons). Matter of fact your screen name is mango tango. Pot meet Kettle. Also, your attempt to sidestep the point I was making did not go unnoticed.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:17 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
lonely guys have lots of time to write.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships