Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 05:19 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times

Advertisements

june 7th wrote:
Quote:
my offer still stands.... Leaf season in New England: you can't beat it!
Well, we could meet half way between Arizona and New England. Let's see, I think that would be somewhere around Nashville, Tennessee according to my calculations. Actually New England is very pretty but it's cold and expensive. Have you ever considered a warmer climate and less expensive place to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 08:49 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
june 7th wrote:

Well, we could meet half way between Arizona and New England. Let's see, I think that would be somewhere around Nashville, Tennessee according to my calculations. Actually New England is very pretty but it's cold and expensive. Have you ever considered a warmer climate and less expensive place to live?
Montana, I am pulling out my maps as I type...Somewhere between Arizona and New England = an awful lot of Barnes and Nobles!!! I've never been to Nashville, but in the meantime, you could go to a local Barnes and Noble in Arizona and start checking out books with beautiful pictures of autumnal New England!!! We like musicians here too, ya know!!! ....Big sigh...

Old 06-06-2007, 08:58 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Default P.s.

I'm talking Boston, Montana, BOSTON! You're gunna love it here: intellectuals, liberals, nice people, the ocean, the country, good dining, terrific universities/lectures, museums, CULTURE, and if all that's not enough, we'll fly down to New York City and do Lincoln Center and the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art. Don't worry about the New England weather; remember, even though we may be in our 50's, we're still not too old to learn to ski....

...Or just ride the ski lifts!

Take gentle care,
June

Old 06-06-2007, 09:17 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
If any of you more mature single guys (40's to early 50's) are having trouble finding dates where you are now then come to the Dallas area. I've got MANY female friends that are always telling me how hard it is to find a guy to go out with. Most of the ladies are divorced, have a career and own their own house so they are not looking for an old money bags or anything. They just want to find a nice guy that is decent, has a job or can support themselves, etc. You would be surprised at the kind of crap these women settle for in men because they are so hard to find around here in that age group. These are active women too be it being involved w/ their kids activities, going to listen to music, hanging out w/ adult friends, going out to dinner, play sports, etc.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:51 PM

644 posts, read 3,321,058 times
yeah, it is much harder when you are older because there are fewer single people out there! In college it was easy cuz we all hung out together. Now I'm 43 and it's like, where am I going to find a nice guy? I don't like bars. I don't have a huge group of friends. You know, I've gotten to the point, where I've stopped trying..

Artie

Old 06-07-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
Well, I'm not alone-I am married. But, we have had our shares of troubles, and I have contemplated divorce.

But then I worry. Am I too old? Is my body not trim enough to be like those young 18 year olds? Will I find someone who will accept my "baggage" (my 2 boys)? Will I find someone who connects with me and makes me want to marry again...or it will be many a lonely year of playing the field and then I really will get too old for anyone to want me. I don't just want to settle then, because I got too old. Will I be able to afford my growing boys on my own??

Yes, I have thought of many a thing, and am scared to be single.
If you can hang in there, stay with your wife and family. I don't envy anyone who has gone through a divorce. It's horrible.

Artie

Old 06-07-2007, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorst View Post
No. I meet women everywhere. So many older women live a hermit like existence it's fairly easy to develop a relationship. I'm not sure where Chandler AZ is, but the smallness of the town may be holding you back. Remember this, "Women are waiting for you to approach them."
Yes, absolutely. I am single, and I live like a hermit. My last relationship was so bad that I'm now afraid to get involved again. I'm not an unattractive woman at all really, but I hide beneath old sweatpants and a big hat. there might be others like me. I've learned that men don't like to be approached. They like to pursue, so you best let them say hello first.

Artie

Old 06-07-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtpolly View Post
As we grow older, hopefully we also grow wiser. We look for different things in the opposite sex than we did when we were younger. So, what appealed to me as a 20 yr old, is not important as a 40-something yr old. I prefer an older man who is settled in his job and his life than someone who is still trying to find themself. But nowadays, so many men want a young girl with a hot body. Well, that leaves the rest of us "nice women", standing around.
Try dating men in Los Angeles. It's tough. I finally gave up. I like to take things slow. I meet in a public place always until I know someone well enough to let him pick me up in his car. But so many times, they want things to happen fast... they want you to come over, sit on the couch, watch a movie, so they can make the moves. No, that's not what I want. I want a man to court me and respect me and take it slow. But when realize the physical bit isn't going to happen, off they go... this is how you can tell what a man is really interested in..

Artie

Old 06-08-2007, 12:25 AM

67 posts, read 243,775 times
artichoke63 , DON'T give up!!!!! Wait for the kind of man you want. We are out there! And as far as being approched, Some men do like it ( talking to my friends who are single ). I know when it comes to dating, most men want to be friends with benifits, You just have to keep your chin up and be yourself. When you find the right one, being with you will be more important than being in you! Trust me on that one! Woodz

Old 06-08-2007, 01:35 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,402,400 times
Yep, I'm 54, divorced about 12 years after 21 years married and I have mostly given up although I get tired of doing things with women, my couple friends, or alone. On and off, I have tried many of the tips here and have made many women friends and a few male friends. Since moving to WA I am in college and rarely meet older men (made lots of young friends and more older women friends.) I also like to volunteer but again, I meet women or married guys. I have never made a friend at BN or Home Depot--sure there are lots of good looking men but how do you go beyond "where's the ... or how do I...?" Maybe it only works for men (?) I did walk up to one dang good looking older man and ask him about his 50s five window pickup truck (my dream truck) and although he showed me what was under his hood (a hemi), it didn't lead to a date ;-) But it was fun flirting, something I miss. I wonder how people manage to find anyone. I agree, it is more difficult as we age but I know people that have.

I tell my male friends that want to meet women to take dance lessons--women love to dance and there are never enough men. There's not the pressure to ask someone out quickly when you can get to know them slower. And you can tell a lot about someone by how they dance with you. I miss C&W dancing--I could at least touch men without getting myself in trouble When I finish college and have time for a social life again, the first thing I will do is start dance lessons. Contra dancing is tons of fun and not difficult--a half hour lesson and you are ready to go. Live music--no smoking or drinking and all ages--not an outright pickup scene--very nice people. Usually full of down-to-earth types and go on all over the country. Hmmm....maybe I can squeeze in the contra dance tomorrow night after my class's art event. Good luck MontanaGuy!

Last edited by Dancingearth; 06-08-2007 at 01:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships