Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 11:23 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
The point is that he is either extremely dense or knows exactly what he is doing with all these ridiculous posts. Either way, he's wacko in the coco and has too much time on his hands.
Yeah more like a histrionic personality disorder. Those type of individual like being the center of attention. You can disagree with them but they will not bother listening. They're looking for sympathy but when that doesn't happened as a result of their constant complains and/or ''please pity me'' stories then they will come up with another versions of the story (but the main context in it) and so on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
The one thing I do know for sure is that no woman worth a flip would touch him. He IS the problem.
Nope not even if he was the last man on earth. If it was the case of choosing between a criminal or him, then I would be single forever. Both of them would be deal-breaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 11:23 AM

917 posts, read 2,948,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
In NY? How did you meet?
We went to college together, dated a year and a half in college, and went our separate ways when he moved home to NYC after college and I went to grad school in England. We stayed in touch because we were best friends even after we broke up, and after dating several other guys, I realized that I still loved him. We talked, he'd dated other girls and felt the same way way about me, so after I finished school, I moved to New York and the rest is history.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:39 AM

740 posts, read 1,233,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
I said CRAZY women ONLY will go for a serial killing pedophile rapist. No women, regardless of their mental capacity, want whiny beta males. I assume you don't want a crazy woman, so this shouldn't bother you.

Now, given the choice between a whiny beta male and a serial killer, most normal women will stay single or become lesbians.

Apparently the inability to read is another one of your faults.
I think I may have ruptured something laughing at this line

I do have some sympathy for Mr. Manlet, though. He lives in the DC Metro Area (assuming he entered an accurate location) and it is very hard for people who are a bit shyer than others to meet folks. It is a town of politicians, the people that work for them, lobbyists, etc and thus there is a high value placed on charisma and presentation, so more low key folks kind of go unnoticed, which can hit the self-image and create a bad cycle. It happened to a good friend of mine. Luckily she snapped out of it

Old 02-11-2010, 12:21 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
I think I may have ruptured something laughing at this line

I do have some sympathy for Mr. Manlet, though. He lives in the DC Metro Area (assuming he entered an accurate location) and it is very hard for people who are a bit shyer than others to meet folks. It is a town of politicians, the people that work for them, lobbyists, etc and thus there is a high value placed on charisma and presentation, so more low key folks kind of go unnoticed, which can hit the self-image and create a bad cycle. It happened to a good friend of mine. Luckily she snapped out of it
I live in Arlington, very close to Georgetown. Yup.. I could possibly be better off if I left the area, but unfortunately the k ind of work I do only exists here. I am planning to go to medical school when I pay down more of my st udent loans though.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:37 PM

740 posts, read 1,233,416 times
Quote:
I live in Arlington, very close to Georgetown. Yup.. I could possibly be better off if I left the area, but unfortunately the k ind of work I do only exists here. I am planning to go to medical school when I pay down more of my st udent loans though.
My friend is in the same boat since they are not moving the National Science Foundation anytime soon and she does love her job. She had never been a big social butterfly, but at university in CA and in her doctoral program in Boston she had no problems meeting people. She went to DC and felt like she became invisible. Her first couple years there (she lives in DC) were really hard for her and she felt almost as bad about her chances as you do. She finally ended up meeting people and dating by joining a soccer team, a bike club, an astronomy club, volunteering at an animal shelter, and going to those free lectures at the museums. It is still pretty tough, but has definitely gotten better.

Last edited by typhoidmary; 02-11-2010 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: typo again

Old 02-11-2010, 12:42 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet
My POINT, is that a guy has a better chance of having female interest in him if he's a criminal, murderer, drug dealer, than if you are a nice guy. SOME women find serial killers desirable. VERY few women like nice guys... the ones that claim they do are settling, because bad boys are no l onger interested in them, and they resent the nice guy they settled for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Good grief. Do you realize how pathetic you sound? I consider myself one of the nice guys who probably gets passed over by a number of women for not being "exciting enough." But I refuse to be like you and whine about it. Even if 100% of the women out there preferred bad boys, it wouldn't change how I act.
While Betamanlet is somewhat over the top with this, in many respects, he's on to something. While women regularly characterize regular guys as pathetic, boring, "probably spends his evenings pressing his pants for next day at work" (as one recently said) and often much, much worse, usually the idea comes through clearly that a majority of men are desperate losers who are sex starved and quite likely dangerous. These sites and threads are close to hate literature. Women aren't putting themselves out to meet such men. They don't like the uncertainty promoted about these men.

In contrast, the good looking convicted criminals are assumed by many to possibly be innocent, victims of circumstance or taken advantrage of women who didn't appreciate them. They certainly don't have to be convicted of anything to receive the same free pass. Its just easier when everyone knows their address. No uncertainty about meeting them face to face either! For the rest, they'll take a risk on those who are on the loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck
To get the publicity that leads to this interest, it helps a lot if the criminal or his victim is good looking. Peterson got all that publicity because both he and his wife were very good looking.

This attracts many women who just cannot believe that good looking people are bad. Unfortunately, there are even more people who firmly believe that people who aren't good looking cannot be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Sadly there is some truth to that..One of my friends who's a player has a lot of one night stands and once did it to this girl I know she came crying to me saying how could he do that hes so sweet looking with his blue eyes.
Actually, there is a lot of truth to that. I could write a book on it. It affects bothe sexes, both at work and in relationships. Women will work much harder for good looking men and will often attempt to undermine those who aren't.

Most employers that have good positions to fill tend to hire first among young good looking females. This helps them keep in the good books with those groups who are still moniotoring their adherance to sex base "equality". (quotas were long ago surpassed) They will overlook egregious failures and outright malfeasance on the part of these women while often there will be fights among managers to get them promoted into their areas.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:52 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
We get what your point is, but we don't agree with it. You keep saying that there are no women who want nice guys. Do you have actual studies to back this up or is this based on your own personal experience?
Denny. There is an important principle in this. Don't just listen to what women say. Observe what they do. I've been observing this for a long time and they do not go for such men. And I'm not talking about whiny types either. Solid men.

The only exceptions are women who are desperate, for reasons men should avoid, or have waited too long and frittered away their youth and half their lifetime earning potential, with nothing to show for it. Again, such men should be very careful because, if she had no use for him a decade or more earlier, what does she see in him now? Divorcing such a man can be very lucrative, unlike the men she was attracted to in her 20s.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:57 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
No doubt about it - he is his own worst enemy
Maybe we all are, to some degree. I know I'm own worst critic but not enemy. I do find it sad in many ways but you know what they say about helping ourselves. We can't always rely on others, for sure.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
He's not here for our advice, he's here to make a statement.
Don't waste your time.

quote=AZDesertBrat;12846114]Yeah, I know. At first I really tried to sympathize with him but the more I get to 'know' him on the forum I just have to think he's digging his own hole and will, eventually, be buried in it. IF he doesn't change his tune. It's people like him that made me stop trying to give them advice because 1) they don't listen 2) they don't believe you and 3) I think they are happy in their selfmade martyrdom. So, I let them wallow. Even though I can't resist posting now and then.
[/quote]

Well, I've got a lot of time on my hands these days so... I agree about the "statement". I'd say he keeps the board from being boring but then I'd have to take it back. It's always the same ol' same ol'.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
My POINT, is that a guy has a better chance of having female interest in him if he's a criminal, murderer, drug dealer, than if you are a nice guy. SOME women find serial killers desirable. VERY few women like nice guys... the ones that claim they do are settling, because bad boys are no l onger interested in them, and they resent the nice guy they settled for.
Your POINT is just so much bull hockey. The reason people like Scott Petersen get attention from A FEW women is because their cases were high profile. Do you think if he murdered "just anybody", without all the attendant hoorah, that those women would even know who he was or give him all that attention?? No. And of all the men in prison I'd be willing to bet that there hundreds of thousands who don't get this attention from women. And even if some of them do, the women who ARE attracted to them are in the minority. You make it sound like ALL women are like that so you must think that ALL women are a bunch of crazies. You don't seem to know anything about women, really, so you guess, assume, presume, surmise and state it all as FACT. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships