Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 09:29 AM

740 posts, read 1,233,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I'll bite. I like men with nice cars. Note that I did not say expensive because there are some expensive cars out there that I find hideous. I appreciate a car with beautiful aesthetics. I always have. I happen to be partial to Porsches (but that's because I've wanted one since I was a kid lol). It must be said though that I abhor men who buy nice cars purely for show. Have some passion and appreciation behind the purchase!
I also admit I like looking at well designed cars. Some can be aesthetically beautiful.

On the bolded statement I have seen 3 luxury cars (Ferrari, Lamborghini, or maybe Maserati??...I'm bad with car brands) that made me crack up because I can not figure out what idiot would buy them given the road conditions here (potholes galore, sunken sewer grates, unpatched repairs, random dips and bumps, snowy winters and no plowing etc). I shudder to think about the condition of the underside of these cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 09:33 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
I also admit I like looking at well designed cars. Some can be aesthetically beautiful.
Exactly. I definitely might notice a nice or expensive car, since it stands out more than a Honda Civic or whatever, but that doesn't automatically translate into me thinking highly of the driver of said car.

I watch Top Gear; I'm not totally anti-car, but I'm not a gearhead by any means.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 03-03-2010 at 09:51 AM..

Old 03-03-2010, 09:44 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post

On the bolded statement I have seen 3 luxury cars (Ferrari, Lamborghini, or maybe Maserati??...I'm bad with car brands) that made me crack up because I can not figure out what idiot would buy them given the road conditions here (potholes galore, sunken sewer grates, unpatched repairs, random dips and bumps, snowy winters and no plowing etc). I shudder to think about the condition of the underside of these cars.
Welcome to the 480. Get ready for these 4 questions to be asked within 10 minutes of meeting anyone out here: What do you do, where do you live, what do you drive, what cel phone do you have?

The Valley of the Sun has been replaced by the Valley of the Financially Over Burdened.

BTW--I just ordered my new HTC HD2...it'll be awesome. I should quit complaining about superficialness...cuz I suffer from it.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
And, apparently you feel the need to brag about it.

It's ok, there's nothing to prove here.

Incidentally, I notice you drive a Z06.
While the performance is similar, it's not really a "supercar" in the truest sense of it.
Brag? I didn't start the thread, I'm just sharing my perspective after reading some lovely insults and stereotypes. (Yet another attack on penis size....how original. )

I had some tough years, it was a treat, I have no regrets and people that don't like it can go get bent.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:49 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post

2 great points.

Incidentally, I *REALLY* like the looks of the VW bugs, the new comaros and mustangs as well as that of some of the super expensive cars. I am just a lover of automotive design and that doesn't mean they have to be Ferraris

Old 03-03-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Welcome to the 480. Get ready for these 4 questions to be asked within 10 minutes of meeting anyone out here: What do you do, where do you live, what do you drive, what cel phone do you have?

The Valley of the Sun has been replaced by the Valley of the Financially Over Burdened.

BTW--I just ordered my new HTC HD2...it'll be awesome. I should quit complaining about superficialness...cuz I suffer from it.
Hum, I have no idea what that is I am not so good at identifying cars

My answers are likely to be conversation killers between the epidemiology, the 2004 Toyota Tacoma and the probability that I will own a super cheap cell phone but live in a decent neighborhood

Old 03-03-2010, 09:52 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
what do you drive, what cel phone do you have?
I can't even imagine asking anyone about their cars or their phones, but I live somewhere where a lot of the people I know don't drive and don't care about their phone.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:54 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,041,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Personally, when I see people make assumptions about my financial decision making based on what kind of car I drive, I laugh hysterically.

Maybe I have a hot, expensive car because I can afford it, it barely makes a dent in my income/assets, and I really enjoy the car for MYSELF, not for what it tells the rest of the world.

Can people wrap their heads around that, or is it always some "Oh, you must have a small penis" envy-driven philosophy?

(for the record, I am a woman who has loved cars since I was 3 or 4 years old)
I love cars too! Mine is modified to the max. I can get 55mpg if I drive sparingly. If I choose to open her up, I can cruise at 120mph. Millie is a wolf in sheep's clothing. You'd never know it to look at her.

If I had so much money I couldn't ever spend it all, I'd drive a hot car too.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
2 great points.

Incidentally, I *REALLY* like the looks of the VW bugs, the new comaros and mustangs as well as that of some of the super expensive cars. I am just a lover of automotive design and that doesn't mean they have to be Ferraris
I like some of the European designs that Ford does and I can not figure out why they do not sell them in the US. They are not flashy, but good clean lines. I also like some of Renault lines for the same reason

Old 03-03-2010, 10:03 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I like my man squished into a Smart Car. Mmmmm.

Here's my ride. And the one below it is to impress you. Wouldn't I look cool in these?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships