Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 09:30 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,029,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
...if he is not generous, its gonna be a dealbreaker. Not that its any ofyourbis, but I am saving money to start my own business. That makes things tight sometimes.
Quote:
if he fails to show his generosity, what good is he to me?

If he would rather spend $1000 on himself and his friends every month or so, without considering that I am the person he claims to love the most, how in hell am I supposed to beleive him? He can keep his money, I just won't be his girlfriend.
Quote:
Well that's not even close to what I said. Please reread my posts if you are refering to me.
(bolded)

Again, if I am wrong, please correct me, but I believe you are presenting your definition of "generosity" in this thread as a guy who is offering to pay your bills.

So, from your above statements, if a guy is not generous (ie not willing to pay your bill) you will not be his girlfriend and he is no good to you.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:31 PM

40,976 posts, read 49,325,591 times
We have a girl friend that is an absolute knockout and a real joy to be around. In her recent single life she had probably 4 guys she dated or were very close friends with who enjoyed taking her to the very high end stores to help her shop for things of luxury. The men enjoyed spending the money on her and she never asked or expected the gifts. She was just very appreciative in many ways but did nothing more than any couple who dates.

She was a pretty down to earth girl who didn't need all the expensive gifts, she told us later that after a few days she would return the gifts for cash.

The guys did it cause they wanted to, who was she to disappoint them?

Old 03-13-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We have a girl friend that is an absolute knockout and a real joy to be around. In her recent single life she had probably 4 guys she dated or were very close friends with who enjoyed taking her to the very high end stores to help her shop for things of luxury. The men enjoyed spending the money on her and she never asked or expected the gifts. She was just very appreciative in many ways but did nothing more than any couple who dates.

She was a pretty down to earth girl who didn't need all the expensive gifts, she told us later that after a few days she would return the gifts for cash.

The guys did it cause they wanted to, who was she to disappoint them?
That's horrible. Women like this give other women a bad name and make cranky guys like Ron start horrible threads. lol

If she didn't want the gifts, she should have never accepted them. A decent person would say "I'm flattered, but no thank you." Or "I'm just going to return the gifts for cash anyways, so why not just hand me your wallet."

Old 03-13-2010, 09:37 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,463,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
(bolded)

Again, if I am wrong, please correct me, but I believe you are presenting your definition of "generosity" in this thread as a guy who is offering to pay your bills.

So, from your above statements, if a guy is not generous (ie not willing to pay your bill) you will not be his girlfriend and he is no good to you.
You said " Sounds like some women here are willing to dump a guy for not paying their bills." First of all, I would not even be a guy's girlfriend if he wasn't generous. So there would be no dumping involved.

Second of all, I never said he had to pay my bill. What bill? Is my electricity going to get cut off? Am I charging him for spending time with me? What bill? A phone bill? Please, some men will give a woman money freely that is more than all the bills combined. And nope, I wasn't making him do it, he would do it cause he can. Cause he wants to. Not because, I want a phone bill paid. LOL. That is really funny though, that someone would think that a woman like me is going to be with a man just because he paid my phone bill.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:41 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,463,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
That's horrible. Women like this give other women a bad name and make cranky guys like Ron start horrible threads. lol

If she didn't want the gifts, she should have never accepted them. A decent person would say "I'm flattered, but no thank you." Or "I'm just going to return the gifts for cash anyways, so why not just hand me your wallet."

Decency, huh? Who says its indecent to be spoiled by men who want to spoil a woman they enjoy time with. Another woman cannot make you look bad. You make yourself look bad with your puritanical point of view.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,003,010 times
Maybe they are tellig Ron something about his sexual powers. Cash only from how on.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
You said " Sounds like some women here are willing to dump a guy for not paying their bills." First of all, I would not even be a guy's girlfriend if he wasn't generous. So there would be no dumping involved.

Second of all, I never said he had to pay my bill. What bill? Is my electricity going to get cut off? Am I charging him for spending time with me? What bill? A phone bill? Please, some men will give a woman money freely that is more than all the bills combined. And nope, I wasn't making him do it, he would do it cause he can. Cause he wants to. Not because, I want a phone bill paid. LOL. That is really funny though, that someone would think that a woman like me is going to be with a man just because he paid my phone bill.
That's what this thread is based on so that's what I was going with, the bill situation. I picked it up and ran with it! lol

Getting cold hard cash would be worse! At least if he were paying a bill he'd be doing something solid - not just tossing cash at a woman like she were on stage. Ew.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:47 PM

40,976 posts, read 49,325,591 times
As I mentioned earlier, mature men know when women appreciate gestures and when women expect or require. It's got to be the mans choice if he sticks with a woman who requires or expects, he knows what he's buying.

If I do anything for a woman it is because I wanted not because she expected.

Just as some women are gold diggers, some men only know how to be sugar daddies to keep their women around. Mutually agreeable relationship for both parties to fulfill each others needs.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Decency, huh? Who says its indecent to be spoiled by men who want to spoil a woman they enjoy time with. Another woman cannot make you look bad. You make yourself look bad with your puritanical point of view.
The person Rakin was talking about is a woman who was taking advantage of men. If she wanted to take the gifts - great, she should take them - but to accept the gifts, then turn around and return them for cash is just classless.

My "puritanical view" is something call morals and conscience. I don't take money from men just because there are men out there who are willing to give it.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
he knows what he's buying.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships