Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 09:39 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by interscope2000 View Post
Sadly, I just exited one of these relationships, not because of my ex (well, not totally,) but because there is too much drama.

First, we will never understand what you are feeling about your child, nor will we ever feel the same about your seed.

Second, we don't want to deal with baby-mama or daddy drama - what that means is ever seeing, talking to or ever hearing their voice.

Thirdly, Why would ANYONE ever want to be second, third, etc.

Fourth, we know why you want to date us singles...for the reason listed above, so why not just stick to your own kind.

Fifth, we can't discipline or have a say in how much you spend on your ex/child, so what do you think is the great appeal about you...unless you are a model?

Sixth, if we ever married, you wad is blown on your previous kids, so?

Elighten me as to what the appeal is?

I imagine only single parent will respond will respond with "selffish" but that's not is, it's called doing it right the first time.
This is your opinion and some single women and men will date single parents. You're just self-centered and absorbed. Some people unlike yourself will love that child even though it is not from their seed, as you say.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:38 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,918 times
Quote:
Sadly, I just exited one of these relationships, not because of my ex (well, not totally,) but because there is too much drama.

First, we will never understand what you are feeling about your child, nor will we ever feel the same about your seed.

Second, we don't want to deal with baby-mama or daddy drama - what that means is ever seeing, talking to or ever hearing their voice.

Fourth, we know why you want to date us singles...for the reason listed above, so why not just stick to your own kind.

Fifth, we can't discipline or have a say in how much you spend on your ex/child, so what do you think is the great appeal about you...unless you are a model?

I imagine only single parent will respond will respond with "selffish" but that's not is, it's called doing it right the first time.
Well, to be PC and honest as politely as I can... I say I would NOT be single now if I always said YES. One isn't so bad but two, three or four? I'll pass!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 AM

3 posts, read 4,067 times
WOW! Don't lump every single person as a creep! When I met my wife, she had a two year old and I had no kids. It's true, I couldn't understand how much she loved her daughter - until we had one together, but I did love my step-daughter very much and would not wish away that time. This was 12 years ago and now we have three kids together. Plus her first daughter calls me Dad (her biological sperm donor of a father is a total p.o.s.). We have since seperated, but it had nothing to do with her having a kid before we got together.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:38 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,449 times
Quote:

This and some don't want any kids period. Another factor that comes into play is the fact that the kids may hate you whether on their own or influence from their mother. I personally don't wanna deal with resentful and hateful brats.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:29 PM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:

My guess is you are in your mid or early 20's.

Many of the things you list are well known before hand so why blame someone else for your own choices?

Man up, learn from the experience and without crying about it move on wiser.

I think as you learn even more you will discover that the glass can always be half full.

Person never had a serious relationship? red flag.
Person divorced? reg flag.
Kids? red flag.
Widowed? red flag.

The list goes on and on. good luck but eventually you've eliminated everyone.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:52 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Nope!! Not me..Kid free only please

Old 07-08-2011, 02:55 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,720 times
It all depends on age. Most of the time the person doesn't want to be responsible for a mistake they DID NOT create. But that is young people. With the older generation it is more understanding that the person married the wrong person or that their SO died, etc. So its understandable why an older person would have a kid, but a younger person? Please. Pass on the single parent that is young.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,704 times
First time poster here, been in a related situation with a single mom of 2 younger ones, I've been more or less handling everything on my own but realize its fudgin difficult to sometimes not be a little off, emotionally speaking to always know the kids are #1 priority and tough to accept that.

I'm not a kid at 27, but very little actual relationship experience and maybe its rooted in just a bit of lack of self esteem, but I've given it my best shot and tried to keep a level head but some days I just ask myself 'when is this going to actually feel more normal?' since she's so dedicated to the kids there's just no time for me to get 1-on-1 time with my girl.

She's worth going through this for, and I'm definitely man enough to not make a big deal out of it.. I can't be the only one to feel like this, seems like this forum is the right place to get a little support.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:46 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
This is your opinion and some single women and men will date single parents. You're just self-centered and absorbed. Some people unlike yourself will love that child even though it is not from their seed, as you say.
Why is it self-centered to have preferences to the people he/she wants to date? You're holding it against someone who has legitimate concerns the for matter. From what I see single parents have no problem hooking up anyway, so it doesn't make someone that doesn't want that lifestyle some sort of villain.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:51 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
It is my opinion that you would make a horrible partner for anyone . . . single parent, or not . . .just due to your hostility and intolerance and propensity to paint with such a broad brush.

A mature, rational person, would say, "I had a bad experience with this one situation," or "I DETEST CHILDREN" or something more specific and would take some responsibility.

Did this woman kidnap you and MAKE you date her?

Why are you blaming them then?

You don't sound like a great prize - definitely not fun to be around, I would guess - not easy-going or even nice . . .and those are the types of people who should date single parents.

Good luck with your love life in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships