Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2012, 03:53 PM

373 posts, read 644,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Fair enough.

You are obviously looking for a partner who likes kids (he would have to in order to marry you). What if he wants kids of his own? Are you willing to have more?
One was mine. She was 3 (and fatherless) when we met. We have a soon to be two year old son together. He agrees that are family is complete with two kids.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:19 PM

41 posts, read 39,802 times
My lover Angelina did it the correct way, adopted childrens from countries such as Cambodia and Namibia that way the parents are oceans away and don't have to be dealt with.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:02 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPitt View Post
My lover Angelina did it the correct way, adopted childrens from countries such as Cambodia and Namibia that way the parents are oceans away and don't have to be dealt with.
And:
- it makes her look so altruistic and politically correct
- it makes her qualified to be an ambassador of sorts to other countries for political/philanthropic purposes

Some of these things movie stars do are no more eyewash than their driving Priuses.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
And they'd punch you back. To a woman who didn't produce her, she ought to be "baggage."
That is an utterly ridiculous statement. Just because YOU think children are baggage - certainly doesn't mean that all others should share your belief. Somehow, divorced/single Dads usually manage to find a significant other - must be some real saps out there, huh?

Sheesh. "She ought to be baggage'. Give me a break. Does your hatred of children know no bounds?

Old 08-22-2012, 10:12 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
It's great to hear a woman chime in with both sensible and well-articulated reasons, and ones which are reciprocal to why a childless man would not want to date a single mom with a living ex.
From my experience as well as my observation of dating single moms in the mecca of single moms in America NYC is this about single moms. For one dating a single mom is drama, far more drama then a Shakespearian play. I can date single moms but the problem is the babies father is always around which creates drama. To finding a single mom with no baby father around is not that hard since that type of family is already disfunctional anyway. Where I'm from some single moms babies father is either in prison, fled to another state or back to the Caribbean or Latin America or dead. I met one woman like that at a speed dating meet up here in the city. Cute Latina woman single mother of one, we talked about kids if I had any of course no but she has one. Her child father was jailed caught up in the wrong crowd, it says alot on who and how she picks guys to be with, maybe she was with him for the shockvalue. Some years ago around in my late teens I met another newly single mom, I tried to hit it off with her, I asked her where is your childs father, she told me he was locked up for fraud or some illegal activity. I'm going to put it out to guys if your going to date single moms, make sure she has one child or two at most if your are desperate. Make sure her childs father is out of the picture by death, prison or moved to a galaxy far, far away. I'm not sure if my experiences might not be similar or same to some of you due to livinng in a large city like NYC the dynamics are far different compared to your white trailer trash suburban society!

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 08-22-2012 at 10:23 AM..

Old 08-22-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sheesh. "She ought to be baggage'. Give me a break. Does your hatred of children know no bounds?
I don't hate kids. Someone else's kids are a major inconvenience, though. Sorry, chalk it up to a conservative upbringing, shared with many of my friends who were raised the same way. If you're single (that means never married, BTW), you don't hook up with someone with kids. Period. While I didn't buy into everything I was "taught," I bought into that. And, damn it, I know that in the politically correct New Millenium, my view is not looked upon favorably, even by the "white knight"/"male feminist" who may never have been married and lands upon a single mom the first time around. No thanks.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:46 AM

502 posts, read 717,839 times
(Tom) Leykis 101: DO NOT DATE SINGLE MOTHERS.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
(Tom) Leykis 101: DO NOT DATE SINGLE MOTHERS.
Tom Leykis is right. Everything he says makes sense. True, he gets overheated and goes for the "shock value," but he is the voice of reason and men who think with their brains, and not their genitalia, agree with him and quote him.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:23 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Tom Leykis is right. Everything he says makes sense. True, he gets overheated and goes for the "shock value," but he is the voice of reason and men who think with their brains, and not their genitalia, agree with him and quote him.
Tom Leykis is right, I'm a huge fan of him. I like to add its ok to have sex with single mothers but dating them or being in a relationship with them is another story on its own.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:41 AM

382 posts, read 825,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't think a 25 year old views a 36 year old as a OLD MAN especially if she is attracted to him
Lol not too many 25 year olds are attracted to 36 year old men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.