Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2012, 12:16 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by divakat View Post
People generally don't seek out single parents, but then they end up falling in love wih one. People set out with a list, but then they meet "the one" and the list goes out the window. I know so many women who have all of these criteria: he has to be tall, he has to be a professional, he has to have dark hair, etc. and they end up with someone the exact opposite.
This post must come from a woman.

If people have qualities or attributes you straight out don't like, then you don't fall in love with them. That's a pipe dream.

In fact,many women meet a guy who fulfills ALL of their criteria, but his income isn't up to snuff. Simple. They might be really attracted to and fond of him, but they will keep themselves from falling in love with him.

For some of us, the fact that someone has children with a living ex also precludes falling in love. The determination that you have little in common with that person, and their lifestyle, makes it very easy to walk away.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:18 PM

373 posts, read 644,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
And someone else may feel the same about yours. Tell me, what makes your kids so fantastic and wonderful, other than the fact that they are yours?
My kids are mine and I have patience for the kid antics with my own children. I just do not like other peoples kids. Mine I have trained to listen, behave and act right. Other people have not done the same. I hate watching my friends kids.. I do it and make the best of it, but I just do not like kids. I am the person that will give your kid the look of death if they are being crazy in public. I will say out loud to my children that it's nice that they know how to behave just to make the parent with the unruly kids, look like an awful parent.

Some people like kids. I am just not that person.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:34 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty12 View Post
My kids are mine and I have patience for the kid antics with my own children. I just do not like other peoples kids. Mine I have trained to listen, behave and act right. Other people have not done the same. I hate watching my friends kids.. I do it and make the best of it, but I just do not like kids. I am the person that will give your kid the look of death if they are being crazy in public. I will say out loud to my children that it's nice that they know how to behave just to make the parent with the unruly kids, look like an awful parent.

Fair enough.

You are obviously looking for a partner who likes kids (he would have to in order to marry you). What if he wants kids of his own? Are you willing to have more?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:45 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Yet some women here have stated in the past that if they meet a guy in his 30's let alone in his 40's with no kids and never been married (like me) they view him with suspiscion thinking he is set in his ways, not a commiting type, selfish to his own life, life long "player" looking for sex not a relationship.
Men like you are exactly what I seek out. I generally don't like divorced men in general for many reasons like religion but will not date a divorced dad no matter what.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
MEN IN CALIFORNIA AND WASHINGTON HAVE NO BUSINESS DATING SINGLE MOTHERS

Unless you dont mind being set up for child support for children that arent yours. its not law. its how law is practiced in court rooms. if a guy acts in the capacity of a father role for extended time, he can be taken to the cleaners.

too risky!
I understand Canada is the same way. Many other states do take the new stepparent's income in consideration when awarding child support or alimony to the former spouse. Can you imagine being the new spouse who has to give up something you desire so you can give the former spouse money? When I mentioned this on another site I was called selfish because I don't want to support people I shouldn't have to. One guy I briefly dated was broke but his exwife was living great with his money. No way was I going to support her or her spoiled kids who kept asking the guy I was dating for more and more money.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:05 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Marriage, and childbearing/child rearing, is a TOTAL clusterf**k.

Just say NO!

Old 08-21-2012, 02:58 PM

601 posts, read 759,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I understand Canada is the same way. Many other states do take the new stepparent's income in consideration when awarding child support or alimony to the former spouse. Can you imagine being the new spouse who has to give up something you desire so you can give the former spouse money? When I mentioned this on another site I was called selfish because I don't want to support people I shouldn't have to. One guy I briefly dated was broke but his exwife was living great with his money. No way was I going to support her or her spoiled kids who kept asking the guy I was dating for more and more money.
Thats my second slogan.
SINGLE WOMEN HAVE NO BUSINESS DATING GUYS WITH BABY MOMMAS. RUN GIRLS. RUN.

Canada has done it for years though..i am not paying for someone elses mistakes.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:01 PM

601 posts, read 759,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty12 View Post

We're not talking about you though..we're talking about the guy who has to put up with your children. You have no choice but to put up with it..but he doesnt. i feel bad for the guy

Old 08-21-2012, 03:10 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
I cannot fathom a law that makes a stepdad held financially responsible with child support for kids not his in a divorce.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:40 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,620,536 times
Default Marrying a single parent is not a good idea for the sane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
When you are 25 an 11 year spread makes you old. What would you have in common with a 25 year old woman?
My wife and I have a 15 year difference and no problems. We met when she was 18 and I was 33, we married 10 years later we are now 38/53. We have always had the same interests. her father and I are best friends and hunting partners.
Her cousin born on her same birthday is now a unwed grandmother with a unwed daughter.

Yes, here in California (it is not spelled cali, we have more respect) a stepfather can very well be assigned child support for children not his own. I have heard of suits where the man was sued for just dating a single mother too long.

I dated a single mother of two. She had to pay her ex spousal support and he paid her child support. I could plan on when she would be a b*tch on a calendar. Not too long into the relationship she turned into a man hater. She argued with me on everything, if I said the sun rose in the east she said I was wrong.
One thing of interest, she once told my sister she was looking for someone to support her and her children.

JrzDefector, yes there are always exceptions and you may well be one. But a exception is not the rule. Marrying a single parent is not a good idea for the sane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.