Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2016, 02:16 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
They were non-believers in Christianity -- that Jesus, who is God, died for our sins on the cross and paid for our salvation. They were knocking on doors. I see no difference between them and the atheists that prosletyze their message of hopelessness. You can say I'm being coy and controversial..but the point remains. They do not believe in Biblical Christianity, and they are going door-to-door to share their message.
Ha, yup, thought so.

No true Scotsman.

As I said...it's the Christian Wars. They never end. You guys think you have your hands full fighting with us non-Christians, but really, you're busy enough bickering with one another about who's "right" about Jesus.

Anyway, hope you win. Best of luck.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
There are no forum rules about identifying groups, organizations, churches, temples, or anyone else who comes to your door.

The Jehovah Witnesses came to my door about a month ago. Two days ago reps from the organization named Century Link came calling to share the good news of changing our cable provider. See? Easy Peasy.

No forum rules on that so you cannot violate them None. Zilch. No worries.

Which organization came to pay you a visit, Viz?
Either the JWs or LDS come to my door periodically...I can never remember which they are, I just know I always get it wrong and it always annoys Katzpur, I think it is...so maybe he'll be along to clarify...it's the ones with the ties and white shirts...

Anyway, next time they come to my door, I think I'm going to throw a Bible at them and scream "You're not a Christian!"

That will surprise them.

Old 10-05-2016, 02:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Ha, yup, thought so.

No true Scotsman.

As I said...it's the Christian Wars. They never end. You guys think you have your hands full fighting with us non-Christians, but really, you're busy enough bickering with one another about who's "right" about Jesus.

Anyway, hope you win. Best of luck.
You didn't get the memo? People who believe what Viz believes are Christians. Millions of people, including those whose religion actually has "Jesus Christ" in the title, don't make the cut.

But.... not to worry. God didn't get the memo either.

Old 10-05-2016, 02:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Either the JWs or LDS come to my door periodically...I can never remember which they are, I just know I always get it wrong and it always annoys Katzpur, I think it is...so maybe he'll be along to clarify...it's the ones with the ties and white shirts...

Anyway, next time they come to my door, I think I'm going to throw a Bible at them and scream "You're not a Christian!"

That will surprise them.
Quote:
You didn't get the memo? People who believe what Viz believes are Christians. Millions of people, including those whose religion actually has "Jesus Christ" in the title, don't make the cut.

Easy, you two.

Or the self-proclaimed pastor will start ducking and running from all your posts too.

Old 10-05-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:

We should also let Him know that even the above are no longer to be considered "real Christians" if their sins make the news and are particularly gross, i.e. they involve children.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I see no difference between them and the atheists that prosletyze their message of hopelessness.
Of course you don't. You've decided who is a Believer and who isn't. If someone doesn't fall in line with your thinking.....non-believer! Hell awaits! They don't get to Heaven!

Sooooo....Viz.....did you grab the people who came to visit you and plead with them to believe what you believe? Did you ask them to please, please, please dump their religion so Satan wouldn't drag them to hell?

Or did you sit down to dinner and announce, "They're insert the 'wrong' religion here and going to hell. Pass the peas."

Old 10-05-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Of course you don't. You've decided who is a Believer and who isn't. If someone doesn't fall in line with your thinking.....non-believer! Hell awaits! They don't get to Heaven!

Sooooo....Viz.....did you grab the people who came to visit you and plead with them to believe what you believe? Did you ask them to please, please, please dump their religion so Satan wouldn't drag them to hell?

Or did you sit down to dinner and announce, "They're insert the 'wrong' religion here and going to hell. Pass the peas."
He went to their Service.

They were sacrificing chickens and talking about how Jesus is just a silly idea.

Darned non-believers.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:09 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
I don't, no. I do not have the ability to say who is and is not a Christian. But these people do not believe in Biblical Christianity. They said that themselves.
Quote:

Cute. I know...it's what you do. You mock. It's your thing.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Cute. I know...it's what you do. You mock. It's your thing.
You've been talking to Jeff! He's unhappy with me too. Oh, well.

p.s. If I actually believed people were going to burn in hell forever I'd do whatever was necessary to save them. I wouldn't be spending my time on the internet making veiled references to certain religions and proclaiming them "non-believers". And I wouldn't follow-up by making false claims about forum rules to dodge questions. It's odd to me you believe people could be in hell FOREVER and you spend your time on the internet arguing with people about who is a Believer and who isn't and complaining about what I post. Meanwhile.... the faiths you deride as non-believers , LDS and JW's, ARE trying to save people from hell.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 10-05-2016 at 04:03 PM..

Old 10-05-2016, 03:36 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,793,000 times
I'm glad when no one (except family, friends & neighbors) knocks on my door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality