Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 03:34 PM

1,296 posts, read 2,226,497 times

Advertisements

America claims to be a so-called 'Christian' nation. What a joke! No matter what the American coins say, it just ain't so! American values, have always been the antithesis, of what Christianity is supposed to be about! I'm not a believer in a god myself. But I think a nation that claims to be 'Christian', should live up to that philosophy.

How could a nation consider itself 'Christian", when it has allowed slavery, the slaughter of Native Americans, several useless wars, an obsession with violence, unbridled greed, corrupt politicians, racism, sexism, classism, squalid ghettos, starving people, homelessness, and the huge gap, between the rich and the poor.

America has used Christianity, and organized religion, to try and convince itself that's its really a pious, compassionate nation. In reality, nothing could be further form the truth! So America is not, and never was, a 'Christian' nation. America is more like a cruel, brutal Plutocracy, than anything else!

Old 10-16-2010, 04:01 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,782,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Just because 70% of the population believes in virgin birth, miracles and resurrection doesn't cut it any longer. Get your 10 commandments and manger scenes out of public places and go to church when you want to talk religion. I'll do you a favor...if I want to hear about the worship of ancient gods I'll go to a church, temple or mosque.

Then don't believe...who is stopping you?

Old 10-16-2010, 06:40 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,017,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Having a bad day Mel? What's a matter? Did you see a woman with a cross necklace while standing in the checkout line at the grocery store? Is such a religious display too offensive to your atheist beliefs?
Never understood why atheists care what other people think about religion. If a group of people revived the Norse pantheon and started worshiping them I really wouldn't care less.
There's a difference between privately practicing personal beliefs and putting those beliefs in the public sphere. No one's trying to stop you from practicing your beliefs. People just don't want you putting those beliefs in the public sphere. Would it bother you if the government endorsed Laveyan Satanism. Case in point, instead of putting the 10 commandments in front of a courthouse, let's replace it with the Nine Satanic Statements.

Last edited by agnostic soldier; 10-16-2010 at 06:48 PM..

Old 10-17-2010, 05:01 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,620,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
The Devil made me say it!!!
hahahahaha - you pawn!!!!

Old 10-17-2010, 05:03 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,620,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
How could a nation consider itself 'Christian", when it has allowed slavery, the slaughter of Native Americans, several useless wars, an obsession with violence, unbridled greed, corrupt politicians, racism, sexism, classism, squalid ghettos, starving people, homelessness, and the huge gap, between the rich and the poor.
What country do you live in - may I ask?

Old 10-17-2010, 05:18 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
As for the rest of your nonsense post, have we not been taking our meds lately?
So, this is the new atheistic tactic: equate belief in God with delusion. You will answer on Judgement Day for your mocking. You will be held accountable for every idle word.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:57 AM

Hey firstborn888,

I live in the United States of America. And everything that I said in my post about America, is true.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:48 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Quote:
America claims to be a so-called 'Christian' nation. What a joke! No matter what the American coins say, it just ain't so!
America makes no such claim. Christians in America do.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:28 AM

Hey Fred314X

American leaders, have always consider America to be a Christian nation. That's why 'in god we trust', was printed on coins, many years ago. My point was, that based on all I've talked about in my previous post, that there's NO WAY, that American can be a Christian nation. And that's regardless of whether Christians consider America to be a Christian nation, or anyone else does.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:32 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,044,912 times
Quote:
American leaders, have always consider America to be a Christian nation. That's why 'in god we trust', was printed on coins, many years ago. My point was, that based on all I've talked about in my previous post, that there's NO WAY, that American can be a Christian nation. And that's regardless of whether Christians consider America to be a Christian nation, or anyone else does.

Coins do not say in the Christian G-d we trust or in Jesus we trust. It is in G-d we trust. The forefathers had a monotheistic belief, not necessarily Christian. We are not a Christian nation we are a nation that has many Christians who think it is a Christian nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality