Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Not so...The True Sin is rebellion against Yehovaw...Homosexuality is a Sin just as other Sins...We are born sinners...Rebellion against Yehovaw is when we do what He tells us not to do or do not do what He tells us to do...Simple as that...And He has said for mankind not to lie with mankind as with womankind...It is an abomination...
Well, that's one interpretation of the Bible. Others understand it differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,406,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You know I love ya my friend, so I hope we can just agree to disagree.

Truly, there are just some people born this way. You can even see it in them as young children.

We know homosexuality occurs in the rest of the animal kingdom, why wouldn't it happen to humans? (don't answer, that was rhetorical and not meant to start an argument )

The true sin being referred to in the Bible is promiscuity and debauchery.
I love you too, but you're wrong on this one, the Bible is clear that is a sin and all sin is choice.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Well, that's one interpretation of the Bible. Others understand it differently.
It is not an interpretation...It is black and white so no interpretation is needed...And so are all the others Sins listed...They are straight forward black and white and need no interpretation...They are like a Stop Sign...It says 'STOP' on it...And it means to stop...No other interpretation needed regarding the sign...It says what it means and it means what it says...Others understand it differently because they desire to Justify themselves...Let's take a fictioal character named Joseph, If I wrote a statement that 'I loved Joseph and I hugged him', I bet you would interpret that as my having a desire to marry him or have relations with him, wouldn't you?...Because that would be the way you would wish to interpret it...However, that is not what I meant...Especially if I had written a statement also that says 'I desire to have physical relations with women'...Now, in light of the latter statement, it would be illogical of you to interpret the former statement in any other way then it has been written, it implies that I love Joseph and care for his well-being...the latter statement should clarify my position on what type of love I am speaking about...Agape not Eros Love...Agape is familial love...Phileo is brotherly love and Eros is sexual love and is never used in The Letters...

Old 04-12-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It is not an interpretation...It is black and white so no interpretation is needed...And so are all the others Sins listed...They are straight forward black and white and need no interpretation...They are like a Stop Sign...It says 'STOP' on it...And it means to stop...No other interpretation needed regarding the sign...It says what it means and it means what it says...Others understand it differently because they desire to Justify themselves...Let's take a fictioal character named Joseph, If I wrote a statement that 'I loved Joseph and I hugged him', I bet you would interpret that as my having a desire to marry him or have relations with him, wouldn't you?...Because that would be the way you would wish to interpret it...However, that is not what I meant...Especially if I had written a statement also that says 'I desire to have physical relations with women'...Now, in light of the latter statement, it would be illogical of you to interpret the former statement in any other way then it has been written, it implies that I love Joseph and care for his well-being...the latter statement should clarify my position on what type of love I am speaking about...Agape not Eros Love...Agape is familial love...Phileo is brotherly love and Eros is sexual love and is never used in The Letters...

Funny that homosexuality apparently wasn't important enough to Jesus for him to ever mention when he walked the earth, and he sure seemed to cover all the important things

Old 04-12-2012, 11:38 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,390,746 times
Quote:
Funny that homosexuality apparently wasn't important enough to Jesus for him to ever mention when he walked the earth, and he sure seemed to cover all the important things
4He [Jesus] answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? (Matt. 19)

Male/male or female/female are unable to become one flesh. According to this passage, what has been God’s plan for sexual union [one flesh] since the beginning of time? Was His plan for a male partner to be joined to another male partner, or was it for a man to be united to his wife?

Jesus lived under the Law of Moses, and yes, the Law of Moses condemned homosexuality.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:06 PM

531 posts, read 480,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
4He [Jesus] answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? (Matt. 19)

Male/male or female/female are unable to become one flesh. According to this passage, what has been God’s plan for sexual union [one flesh] since the beginning of time? Was His plan for a male partner to be joined to another male partner, or was it for a man to be united to his wife?

Jesus lived under the Law of Moses, and yes, the Law of Moses condemned homosexuality.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:39 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,406,185 times
Quote:

Old 04-12-2012, 05:19 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,640,637 times
Quote:

Case closed.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:32 PM

Jesus came and established a new covenant.

He also gave us his own commandments -

You shall love the Lord your God with your whole heart, your whole soul and with all you mind.

You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

I encourage every Christian to keep these commandants and leave any judging of others up to God himself

Old 04-12-2012, 05:49 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,640,637 times
I agree Homosexuality is genetically inherited. So is Adultery, Wrath, etc. The problem is sin. It is a blood defect and their is a blood cure - Calvary.

We all have our problems. We are to overcome it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality