Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 03:10 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I can't believe, that you believe this excuse your giving. Its an obsession; a triggered obsession with the things of God;

And its defintely proof of God.

This is another example of the futility of honestly answering a question you ask.It is why you end up getting a lot of sarcatic replies. Why bother being serious with you when you don't believe what you're told.

It shows you have no interest in learning anything and think you know it all, including what other people think.
It's another reason why you should just be blogging.
Of course we all understand that nobody would read it if you did that and that wouldn't do, would it

Old 09-21-2011, 04:33 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Again the use of sarcasm- which means;" I have no other rational response."

Quote:
It is a rational point and alogically sund one, too, if only you could see it. It is giving an example of the 'heads I win, tails you lose trick. It's the false argument called 'stacking the deck' which means loading the argument so you'll win no matter what happens.

I don't know whether you were actually making such an argument. I'd check but since you are disinclined to have me 'get back to you' I don't see why i should bother.

"See Theoden, here is a snake. With safety you cannot take it with you, nor can you let it go" (Gandalf in LOR)

The arguments here really are without any merit and deserve no answer, but there is always this nagging feeling that failure to expose them as worthless might lead some to suppose they have a valid point. Thus we get trapped into responding to nonsense.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:05 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default A Short But Instructive Course in Obversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
Did you know that Jacob and God performed a genetics experiment together?!?!?! Jacob conducted an experiment where he attempted to influence phenotypes of goats by controlling the physical appearance of their mating environment. It worked! Since modern scientific knowledge proves this alone will not work, and because its inclusion in the Bible attests to its veracity, we know God stepped in and affected the outcome of the experiment! Proof of God!

SBoC* However, Noah' Ark as "a test of veracity" fails, obviously, since...well you know why. A bunch of devout but illiterate prophets fantasizing and writing down their revisionist versions decades later, based on wildly exaggerated word-of-mouth and manipulating, doesn't quite cut it with the rational.....

Quote:
Did you know that Archaeologist found that palace? This is yet more definte proof of the bibles astute historical grasp,
Link? Because your word has been proven technically unsupported, just soz you know... ["A man's got to know his limitations" Dirty Harry]....

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=stubb...t:429,r:2,s:34

Quote:
You prove God to yourself by seeing how he controls even his adversarys. Notice how he has Atheist trained to hang out at religious boards, he heards them there. And they can't help themselves.
Hee hee..... You don't see the mirror in your cave, do you? Perhaps if you could turn the lights on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Philosophically, when the Yankees win, there is God. When they lose, the opposite is true.
Quote:
Or, "This stuff is really impressively nit-wit, so why not let's make fun of him, since he's proven himself to be incapable of intellectual honesty!"

Yeah! That's It! Go guys!

As well, we sorely needed someone to replace the irascible Tom Campbell! Someone to demonstrate true intransigence and pure bull-headed stubbornness... You may be right, Mickiel: God does indeed "provide" when such things are needed! PTL!!

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=stubb...:0&tx=45&ty=52

And so we end with this priceless gem, a summarization of this poster's clear head and impressive intellect.....

Quote:
Translation; Its nothing you can do with it, so try and get rid of it.
To summarize: Mickiel is intellectually incapable of honest debate, of answering even the simplest of questions, or of honest intercourse based on knowledge and education. A troll to be sure.

So yet again; "QED".

*SBoC: Selective Beliefs of Convenience: self-explanatory.

Last edited by rifleman; 09-21-2011 at 07:26 AM..

Old 09-21-2011, 10:33 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times
Did you know that Sarah, Abraham, Isaac, Rebeckah, Leah and Jacob were buried in Hebron in a cave called " The cave of Machpelah." Purchased by Abraham in Genesis 23, they have found this cave beneath a Temple which the owners deny public access. A stunning find, the cave was purchased 3700 years ago and has been located below the " Haram El-Khail" ( Sacred preciut of the friend of the merciful one, God) in Hebron. Today it is a muslim mosque.

This is more definte proof of the bibles historical value and can help in your proof of God.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:40 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Mad as a hatter!!

Old 09-21-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Mad as a hatter!!

References as early as the " Helenistic period" ( 2nd century B.C.) testify that this is the authentic location of the burial place of the Patriachs. The cave was explored by the Augustine Canons in 1119, at which time they claimed to even have found the bones of the Patriarchs. They willnot allow any more tampering or examination of it from outsiders.

Abraham pitched his tent in Hebrons plains. Hebron is a mountianous region south of Jerusalem, 1000 meters above sea level. He brought the cave of Machpela from Ephron the Hittite and buried his wife Sarah there.

Sizzling proof of the bibles firm grip on history, and yet another path of proof of God.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:20 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Whatever Ron Wyatt was on, he's managed to track down a stash of it.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Whatever Ron Wyatt was on, he's managed to track down a stash of it.

Again sarcasm, the habitual use of satire to respond to seriousness.

I quess thats why I enjoy a dialouge within, talking to myself. I can take myself seriously.

Besides, 80% of speaking is talking to yourself.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:20 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:

I quess thats why I enjoy a dialouge within, talking to myself. I can take myself seriously.

Besides, 80% of speaking is talking to yourself.
Sadly, it seems that you are the only one who does take you seriously, but I am beginning to unravel your personality problem

Quote:
Most people with personality disorders have what is sometimes referred to as "disorders of the self," because they often don’t believe that there is anything wrong with them. They think, “This is me,” or “This is the way I have always been,” and self-preservation makes them want to stay that way.

Realize that you cannot deal with impossible people the same way you deal with everyone else. In some ways, they need to be treated like children. Give up all hope of engaging these folks in any kind of reasonable conversation. It will never happen. How to Deal With Impossible People - wikiHow

Old 09-21-2011, 12:54 PM

Too many threads being closed. Think I'll take a break from this site myself.

See you down the road Sanspeur, keep up the fight! Its been good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality