Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 11:13 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,877,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I think this is an excellent point to consider when mapping our Atheist world; Atheist would get their ethics from advances in Biology and Medicine, not morals from religion.
You mean I should base my morals on THIS??
Bible Atrocities: Atrocities in the Bible

Old 02-05-2012, 11:27 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,597,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You mean I should base my morals on THIS??
Bible Atrocities: Atrocities in the Bible

I do not teach Atheist how to think, or Theist; thats their thinking business. But I do try and give threads that make people think; and I am not against that effort. I didnot teach my children what to think, but " How to think for themselves."

Base your morals on your thinking; your conscious understanding.

And always remember that when you confront me; your confronting a thinking man!

Old 02-05-2012, 12:02 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,877,578 times
Quote:
I do not teach Atheist how to think, or Theist; thats their thinking business. But I do try and give threads that make people think; and I am not against that effort. I didnot teach my children what to think, but " How to think for themselves."

Base your morals on your thinking; your conscious understanding.

And always remember that when you confront me; your confronting a thinking man!
What exactly does your post have to do with what I asked you?? I'm asking you if you think I should get my morals from the Bible? Do you?

Old 02-05-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
What exactly does your post have to do with what I asked you?? I'm asking you if you think I should get my morals from the Bible? Do you?

Again, where you get your morals is your business, I hold no intrest in telling others where to get their morals. I think that you should think for yourself. What about that is not clear to you?

Again, I think you should get your morals from where you think best, not me. I get my morals from where I think best, and never ask others where they think I should gather how to shape my conscious efforts.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
How would Atheist rule change the demographics of the 19 industrialized countrys in the world? Would any nation or group of nations hold a monopolopy on anything? And what would the Middle East now look like? What would happen to Isreal and Rome? And how would it affect India?

I certainly would like to witness how Atheism would change the face of the Middle East and Rome. How the nation of Israel would tolerate Atheism becomming its government. Just these three demographics would be an impossible task to even speculate on. It would be " Other worldly" and require nothingless than another miracle myth along the lines of evolution.

It would surely spark a war! And Syria, Egypt, Jordan, and Lybia would certainly join in.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:14 PM

33,573 posts, read 37,191,473 times
Quote:
I certainly would like to witness how Atheism would change the face of the Middle East and Rome. How the nation of Israel would tolerate Atheism becomming its government. Just these three demographics would be an impossible task to even speculate on. It would be " Other worldly" and require nothingless than another miracle myth along the lines of evolution.

It would surely spark a war! And Syria, Egypt, Jordan, and Lybia would certainly join in.
For your information Israel is a secular democracy.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
For your information Israel is a secular democracy.

Well I agree that its politics is dominated by Zionist parties, and " Formally it is a secular democracy", in reality many Orthodox Jews believe Israel should be a theocratic state where Judism is supreme.

But thats debatable.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:13 PM

Historically religion has and continues to cause the most violence world wide...A secular world would eliminate all of this violence of killing and destruction that is fought over who has the best myth.

Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion - several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven.
Mark Twain

Old 02-05-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Historically religion has and continues to cause the most violence world wide...A secular world would eliminate all of this violence of killing and destruction that is fought over who has the best myth.

I totally disagree with this, it is an Atheist harp on. Certain Atheist love to quote this incredible falsehood. War by far causes the most violence and death in the world. And most wars had nothing to do with religion. Here is a list of the worlds greatest killers;

Famine
Smoking
Abortion
Natural Disasters
Automobiule accidents

The crusades, the inquisitions and burning of witches were not the largest events of human violence by far. But Atheist like to use these kinds of things to deceive the truth about violence and death in the world.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:08 PM

I did not say that all violence would end, but only that caused by religion...Just take a look at history, real history, not your twisted version of it. Over 800 million people have died in religious wars. By comparison, 209 million have died in the name of Communism. Some 62 million died during World War II, civilian and military, on all sides. Conclusively, more people have died in the name of religion than in the name of Communism or Hitler. These numbers do not include minor conflicts that happen daily...For instance as of Jan 27th 434 people have been killed in Iraq in Sunni vs Shiite conflicts since the troops left.

You honestly don't think that even without religion, religious wars would continue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality