Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Continually evil?, says who?, your little book?
Yep, and actually it's a big book.

Quote:
Christianity is obsessed with killing and torture, you even drink fake blood.
Actually, the atheists have murdered almost 200 million people on the earth since 1920. So I think it is your group that is the one obsessed with killing and torture.

Quote:
No big deal- that's probably what some people say about the holocaust, or Cambodia, Rwanda etc. You are very casual about genocide.
Yea, all done by unbelievers.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 AM

What is really neat is even though we don't agree we are keeping this civil. Good going gang!

Old 03-07-2012, 12:07 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yep, and actually it's a big book.

Actually, the atheists have murdered almost 200 million people on the earth since 1920. So I think it is your group that is the one obsessed with killing and torture.

Yea, all done by unbelievers.
I would say that believers were involved in all of those murders, probably atheists as well. However, I as an individual would never say murder is no big deal. Only those who hate, or think they can justify murder would say that.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,836 times
It amazes me that men and women, who have existed on this planet less than 100 years, (and therefore witness to nothing of pre-history) can be so adamantly "cast in concrete" opinionated on what did or did not exactly happen 5000, 10000, or even 15000 years ago.
Are we so proud that we cannot admit that we "just don't know"?

Sigh...

Old 03-07-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I would say that believers were involved in all of those murders, probably atheists as well. However, I as an individual would never say murder is no big deal. Only those who hate, or think they can justify murder would say that.
I don't want to get into a peeing contest. But the atheist communist countries are the ones who murdered almost 200 million of their own citizens. That's a fact.

Now can we get back to what this thread is about?

Old 03-07-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
It amazes me that men and women, who have existed on this planet less than 100 years, (and therefore witness to nothing of pre-history) can be so adamantly "cast in concrete" opinionated on what did or did not exactly happen 5000, 10000, or even 15000 years ago.
Are we so proud that we cannot admit that we "just don't know"?

Sigh...
Bud, the world-wide flood is not pre-history. It is historicaly recorded as being fact.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:18 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Not only was it not a made up story but the Ark was also located and known to have existed even in the days of Flavis Josephus when he wrote about an account of it.
Oh boy!!!

Quote:
The flood of Noah's day happened around May 21 4990 BC
Not according to your beloved Bible apologist websites it didn't. I know you don't like secular web sites so have no alternative than to show you Bible apologist sites. Look at 'Answers in Genesis'. According to them and biblical chronology, your flood was c2304 BCE.
The Date of Noah

" But most agree that a straightforward reading of the Bible indicates the Deluge must have taken place in the third millennium before the birth of Jesus Christ — probably between 2500 BC and 2300 BC."
What was the date of Noah's Flood?

"If our Bible is true when it tells us Noah's flood was a real and global event that according to the Biblical chronology happened about 2,345 B.C."
The Greenland Ice Sheet: What it Reveals about Creation and Noah's flood

"The Biblical data places the Flood at 2304 BC +/- 11 years."
Noah’s Flood Started 4,300 Years Ago Today | The Sensuous Curmudgeon

Quote:
The pyramids in Egypt were built during the reign of various Pharoahs dating from around 2700 BC to 1500 BC
...and the flood date of c2304 BCE came right in the middle of Egypt' 'Old Kingdom', a time of some of their greatest monument building.

Quote:
The above remark by Rafius just proves he does not know what he is talking about.
See above. Mind you, I'm sure that you'll be able to get around it by claiming that 'time was different then' or pulling that worn out old 'a day is like a thousand years' card, or some other such nonsense.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:27 PM

70 posts, read 210,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Don't be silly fella!! You do make me laugh bro.

Well could you explain how the Egyptians, Chinese and a few other civilisations managed to survive it?
ALTER2EGO -to- RAFIUS:

They came from where all humans came from--the first man Adam. In other words, the variations of humans descended from Noah's three sons. Geneticists have proven that all humans are related.

"And he [God] made out of one man every nation of men, to dwell upon the entire surface of the earth, and he decreed the appointed times and the set limits of the dwelling of men." (Acts 17:26)

Old 03-07-2012, 12:41 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Quote:
Not true, the ice caps were made AFTER the flood.

World War II Planes Found in Greenland In Ice 260 Feet Deep - NYTimes.com

The above link from the New York Times shows WWII planes found under 260 feet of ice.

Six American fighter planes and two bombers that crash-landed in Greenland in World War II have been found 46 years later buried under 260 feet of ice, searchers said today."

The ice at the pole is 10,000 feet thick.

260/46 is about 5 1/2 feet of ice per year.

10,000 divided by 5.5 - 1,818 years.

The polar ice was not around pre-flood. It was a different world back then.
Not very bright if you re comparing glacial ice of the north pole which is mostly floating ice and the Antarctic, you know the south pole, the ice is on land, it is a continent. So you defence of WWII plane fails. That was a glacier and the precipitation in the NH is higher due to the water cycle whereas the SP is miles from any major land mass, the closest being AUZ. Antarctic precipitation viz snow is less than TWO INCHES per annum.

As for your earlier waffle regarding Pangea, that was waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy before any alleged fludd.

Best you stop reading AIG as that is NOT science. Feel free to join me on my thread and then refute the other evidence I presented, I simply used one example here.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:43 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
I don't want to get into a peeing contest. But the atheist communist countries are the ones who murdered almost 200 million of their own citizens. That's a fact.

Now can we get back to what this thread is about?
I would rather not use urination as an analogy for a discussion thank you.

So you are saying those countries killed their own people because they didn't believe in God. That would be hard to show. I don't think a country can be said to be atheist because it's government declares it so, faith is stronger than that.

Killing in those countries appears to have more to do with imposing a new economic order and maintaining power, than a disbelief in a deity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality