Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 02:28 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,139,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Lol, my orientation just got compared to a cup of Starbucks coffee.

I think I need some Starbucks to accompany this entertainment!
Your orientation must be overpriced and prepared by and disdainful tattooed hipster with multiple piercings.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:13 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,926,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkleinn2012 View Post
God did not create homosexuality. It is based on rejection, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, absent dads and the above, or not the above just rejection/ and weak mothers who dont know how to affirm their sons, or dads who abuse their daughters, by rejection, emtionally sexually or physically. The 'gay' person is not born that way, but splits off from their very self, and a spirit takes over, an angry, jezebel type spirit, proud, awrrogant insisting they are right. It is obvious its a spirit. Why else would gay men totally act pretty well the same way, they want to 'become' the other person, take them on as their own, cannibalize their spirit more or less. There is no evolution, there is no reincarnation, and yoga is extremely harmful to a person since its based in hindu roots and maybe a person doesnt know its entangled with that, but the spirit does. We are not evolved. We are created. Your mindset is wrong.
That is the same argument that was used to claim that mothers created autistic children which we know is not true.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:13 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Then, YOU HAVE TO DO IT ??? Nonsense. You dont have to do everything/anything...and not all things are permissible to do either. People get involved in wrong lifestyles because they want to, they dont want to change, or because they became addicted to it for whatever reason. Homosexuality and coffee at Starbucks is a choice.
From the APA:

"Sexual orientation refers to an enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions to members of the opposite sex, same-sex or both sexes". [Bold mine]

What part of that definition includes an action? Every piece of evidence says it's not a choice, including just about every gay person on Earth. You are a liar who hates gays so much you will make up false information to demonize them.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:48 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,734,592 times

Old 05-15-2012, 03:35 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,377,197 times
In order ---

Quote:
1. You obviously have no knowledge of the present national STD Epidemic
Our knowledge of it is just fine. However your attempt to indict homosexuality with this is poor. We know the vectors for such disease worldwide and it is not limited to homosexuality. Your issue is with promiscuity, an issue we can share.

Quote:
Theres no atheist organizations for this because human life is rendered to to an undignified pond protozoa
Entirely false as there are many secular, religion free, humanitarian workers, organisations, funds and efforts across the world. You are just making things up now it seems.

Quote:
Homosexuality is addressed thruout the whole Bible and God even wiped out entire cities that engaged in and promoted the heinous sexual acts.
We are discussing homosexuality in the real world. You are discussing it in a work of fiction with fictional characters. The opinion of a fictional character on real world issues is not interesting here.

Quote:
Flat out truth.
Empty, meaningless, throw away phrase designed to make yourself feel good about a baseless argument.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:38 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I don't know, but God sure loves to do that to us. Just read Deuteronomy, Leviticus, Numbers, Judges, Exodus. God has chosen to kill off entire populations, has condoned slavery, rape, ritual sacrifice, and all kinds of other things we would consider by today's moral standards to be heinous crimes. God prescribes extremely severe punishments--like death--for small sins, such as cursing one's parents. If every child who cursed their parents were killed today, probably something like one third of today's current global population would drop out of existence. Do you really believe in this book? Do you really believe that slavery or rape are ever justified, even hundreds or thousands of years ago, in wars with God's name stamped on it? And if you don't condone that kind of behavior, why do you claim to believe in the Bible as the word of God?

Deuteronomy 22:28

Rape victims must marry their rapist?

Deuteronomy 22:23-24

I would imagine...after being raped kinda myself by a pedophile, who then became my stepfather...I might have some insight into the rape cunundrum....the rapist in some regards is put together with the one raped...and the raped one then has the right to treat that rapist with a measure of hostilities, that they cannot escape from,...to make the rapist suffer long and possibly a unhappy life ever after...or some form of forgiveness is being granted...the one raping gets what he/she thought he/she wanted so badly he/she had to rape to get it....once getting it, and being forced to wed that one raped...the lust for that or in doing that is kinda canciled out over time...perhaps Love can bloom in some rare cases....?

What Jesus says is to love as he has loved...that is a non sexual love...and he loved his merry men..and women equally...not saying Jesus was Gay or a Lesbian........but he did say the God was in himself, as himself...so what God spoke or gave word on...should be in Jesus...and Jesus had no sexual relationships according the scriptural accounting...that is the way he wants us to be....then sinlessness through the laws of God..."thou shall not murder" is another commandment of God...So to kill anyone is a sin...sin brings death, or the wages of sin is Death....those who support sin/murder and the idol told not to have made more important than God, are given that wage/rewards....So war is supported by the people...hence all who support the governing bodies that go to war...are guilty of sin/murder...and death is the reward on oh so many levels....break more commandments, more death...and let us not forget about the idols.

Now why would a God say X is ok... before the law was given to Moses,...and in the law state something completely opposite??....cause the first part was not working out to make them sinless enough to right or reverse the curse of death...infact killing people brought more sin and evil upon humankind...and to this day they continue to kill and rape, and murder, and do all kinds of sins...and death follows...and so do the woes and wrath...which cost more to solve for...higher and higher the cost to live...
Less and less to live with...

So being so mindful of the part that brings sin into play, but not the whole book which is about evil and sin and disobediance of God...one cannot become sinless enough with so many demonica around......nor a helper of the Garden if found sinning on it...cause it is as Jesus says..."You're making a den of robbers and thieves sinners and evil doers"....who or what is the cause or root?...the ones holding onto something told not to..?..IDOLs....and being born under that banner or rod..makes the sheep spotted , striped, plain, and mutated to some degree, and not doing what God says to do, or Jesus..seem to cause the other states to festor....if the cost is too high, those who cannot have will take...and Jesus is proven right...if one makes the idol so important for life and or God...then demons will be born to burden the system....is it their fault?....No...should they be punished?....No...but we could or should try to help em not enrage God any further with human stupidity....and take a good long hard look at what is being done to the enviroments and the other living things by the industrial madness now being enforced by the IDOL and the Governing Bodies...saying things like Free trade...and liberty and freedom for ALL...while the warfare continues, the prisons are brimming with inmates...and the murdering, raping and other evils continue....to raise the cost to live under that IDOL told not to make.

I get that cheating is wrong, but isn't the death penalty a little harsh?

When you sware an oath to God...what is the wager if you break that oath?...are you worthy to continue on making bad oaths?...and if you break oaths so readily, and become known for making bad oaths...no one will eventually believe you...hence you will be labled a LIAR...and All lies Come from Satan....right?

Deuteronomy 21:10-14

Women get no say in who they marry?

Do you really trust this book to define marriage? According to the Bible, a man can take any woman he wants and marry her against her will, without asking her opinion and respecting her desires as well. And yet we should take verses like Leviticus 20:13 that tell us to kill gay people as justification for why gay marriage is wrong?
Again Jesus did not comment on Marriage to anyone...as God is the one who is suppose to be the maker...not man and woman....so...marriage although it has been done for centuries in some form or fashion...does not mean it is what God intended US TO BE DOING>...surely is not tending and keeping the Garden...if it is being polluted...and what or where did God say anything about raping people or killing people in Genesis?...lets start AT THE BEGINNING...TILL SOW AND GROW...WHAT MORE?...BE SINLESS IN THAT SIMPLE ESTATE....TAME, AND MAKE SHARING AND CARING THE PRODUCT OF OUR TOILS.

When we come to doing Just that simple task...never mind all the other stuff leading us astray...taking care of planet earth should be paramount in everyones mind, heart, and spirit...for if she dies...we all die!

And that is a truth so true, even Satan has to agree!

From what I have seen...some people who pick eachother also devorce eachother...Some...and many have....so does it really matter?...no!

If I do not love the one I marry...I can marry one or have the one I want as a friend....No big deal.

You seem to think there is something wrong with a selected marriage....but where does God say we need to marry?....we only have to become a mate....is this not what Genesis states? God made Adam a Mate...split out of Adam came Eve....so no wedlock persay....that man and woman working together in the Garden sinlessly can and does last forever....By God's word....but if they forget one part, or all parts...as to why God made them....to till and sow seeds...and be sinless enough to right the wrongs...and put back that which was taken...then how is forgiveness earned or awarded?...surely not by Gay and lesbian wedlock...I can assure you....

Last edited by Sir Les; 05-15-2012 at 06:57 AM..

Old 05-15-2012, 08:53 AM

Pastor Beats Up Own Gay Son in Church - YouTube

Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,270 times
How is Gay and Lesbian and/or other non male male, or female female wedlock through the churches/houses of God hateful to what has been established by Man and Woman.....?...should be the question asked...They hate what they are born as...they change or claim to be what God aborhs supposedly...They demand changes where no changes should be made...They dispute and argue with the people the wedlock was made for...and fight to get their wrong doings righted by law and flaunted in religious fanatics faces, to make more problems arise..?....forced to accept and now support through taxation a lifestyle that is detramental to sound and healthy estates of being on this planet...to bring more woe and wrath down upon it....Surely Aids and other std's and their rapid spread round the world is a telling sign of cause and effect..not only for Gay and Lesbian..but for all sexually lude behavior...going against God's word and will and all.....cause they hate God and his creations.....it is unclean in the mind and onto the body to inact some of what is being purposed as safe sexual intercourse..????....So what is hatred if that which hates the body (to inflict harm/sickness/suffering), and the mind (tormented by God's word and will, woes and wrath)and even the spirit of Man and or woman to defile that house of God, and his word being changed to suite this behavior, which God supposedly said he aborhs......as we have enough Biological evidence to formulate How the human body and its reproductive organs work....I think falling in line with God first, and Biological wisdom second, should bring about a constant (eternal life) worth relevant praise...of course what has hate got to do with hating God? or hating the way things are suppose to be?...or how God made us to be, or wants us to be...hate it so much ...that one would want to change to something possibly detramental to not only the self, and the immediate other, but to bring in deseases that spread amongst the population in support of it?.....who is hating here?...if you draw logical lines....They claim they are different by design in gender...which makes them neither man nor woman......Yet they want to have the same things as was given by God for man and woman only.....wonder if their hate of God and denial of not only sound science, but God's word.... will it ever be questioned and subdued? or even remedied completely?....let each be of its own division..."Let the Evil be Evil, the Filthy be Filthy, the holy be holy, and the righteous still do right, My rewards are with me....now wedlock in a church is out of the question as it is holy...and the righteous should be sowing all seeds freely and sinlessly...yes?....but this is not taking place , as laws are now in place to stop the righteous, and governments are now governing over church and state...when church should Govern over all....So the holy are not let to be, and the righteous are being slaughered, imprisone, oppressed, sanctioned, and denied trade..even wared on......so this sort of thing can flurish?...and then they make inroads and circumstances to take the children from their rightful places////with the pedophiles hiding in all the right places...to defile em as they are pluck from the family units...Who is policing that?,,,too busy and costly imprisoning plant growers...not enough funds to get the evil convicted for any amount of time served in righteousness....I SAY....So who or what Hates God so much , that this is now being played out to cause all kinds of problems with all kinds of People?
...and in this time line Just after 9/11 wtc...who is instigating them fanatical to attack?...and who suffer that?

what a sick world this is...so mindless in their actions in doing to cause sin and evil to abound...so closed sighted and minded.....while they use the word Love....what a oxymornic term, while doing the above listed truths....Amen?

Old 05-15-2012, 01:12 PM

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding
God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that
knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the
homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22
clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some
other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both
male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A
friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can
you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as
sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do
you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while
she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem
is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know
it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The
problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should
I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.Exodus 35:2.
clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him
myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating
shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than
homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of
abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of
God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I
wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some
wiggle- room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed,
including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly
forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a
dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting
two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments
made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends
to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the
trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16.
Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do
with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus
enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am
confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us
that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:32 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding
God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that
knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the
homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22
clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some
other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both
male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A
friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can
you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as
sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do
you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while
she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem
is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know
it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The
problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should
I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.Exodus 35:2.
clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him
myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating
shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than
homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of
abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of
God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I
wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some
wiggle- room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed,
including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly
forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a
dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting
two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments
made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends
to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the
trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16.
Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do
with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus
enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am
confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us
that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

I’ve read this many times—but it never gets old!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality