Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 09:39 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
2. When i use the word 'essence' , I mean it to be the ACTUAL personage of God ; in other words EXACTLY him... or true substance . IE: Jesus is the actual essence of God being part of the Godhead.
So are you saying that Jesus is the actual essence of "God" or that Jesus is the actual essence of "the Father"? Is Jesus "EXACTLY the Father" or does He just have "EXACTLY the same divine attributes of the Father"?

Quote:
In heaven (for those whove been washed by the blood of the Lamb Jesus' sacrifice) ... we will be Christlike, have a supernatural body eventually, have supernatural powers, etc...but we will never BE God . God will always be someone who is totally seperate than what Heavenly Dwellers will be .
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 09:41 AM

467 posts, read 665,126 times
You should look in to the Mormon faith.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
You should look in to the Mormon faith.
It might help if you were to quote the post you're responding to. That way we'd all know who you're addressing your comments to.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:50 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,774,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
"Alledged planetary sex?" What on earth might that be?

I believe the Bible fully supports the LDS position. And it's actually not just the LDS position. In my first post on this forum, I provided plenty of evidence that various Christians throughout the ages have held essentially the same beliefs as the LDS do today.
1. When Faithful Mormons reach the top level of heaven (theres three possible levels) , they are allegedly rewarded with becoming gods and populating on many celestrial planets ... actual sexual relations to produce more spirit children ---- One of the many absurd non Christian teachings that come from their extraneous tradition sources. Do a google for this and other heresies.

2. There is very little harmony between the Bible and LDS doctrines . For this reason, LDS is considered a christian cult by Christian Scholars and the Christian populace because they claim to be Christian yet deny historical essential doctrines of Christianity found in the Bible : https://www.google.com/search?source...A_enUS419US419

Old 06-11-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
So are you saying that Jesus is the actual essence of "God" or that Jesus is the actual essence of "the Father"? Is Jesus "EXACTLY the Father" or does He just have "EXACTLY the same divine attributes of the Father"?

Jesus is the exact representation of God...he IS God , he is Divine .. and he claimed to be on many occasions. God is made up of three distinct personalities : The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit all of which are the same essence . Not three Gods..but One God in three persons ... the Trinity. When we read of and see Jesus in the Bible...we are seeing what God is truly like ...his very essence, person, thoughts, actions. It was God himself walking the earth for some 33 years and it was God himself who took away our sins on the cross .

Heres biblical proof of that : https://www.google.com/search?source...A_enUS419US419

Old 06-11-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I think you're right. I do appreciate the fact the 007.5 has been so respectful and courteous throughout this exchange of ideas, though (well. mostly ). We will probably never see eye-to-eye on this issue, and I'd personally prefer not to let our disagreement escalate into a full-blown argument.
Theres no reason not to be courteous and respectful...however, Im not called to be tolerant of others doctrine as truth which may differ from that of the Bible. Im enjoying the chat and im perfectly willing to agree to disagree on something that may come up. I dont have any animosity toward you , nor need to.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:14 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
When you are ready to be a god - go ahead - you have my blessing. Just be careful godhood might entail things that you may not like- like having to work all day and all night long taking care of your kingdom...never having a day off unless some scribe tells you that it's okay to take a rest on Sunday- oh- and that eternity thing---That's a long time yah know---You might get real bored and lonely and might want to kill yourself for the peace of oblivion.

...That could be frustrating seeing that killing yourself would be impossible...and YES remember your history for a moment- ALEXANDER the great declared himself a God- then got the flu and dropped dead...I guess he forgot that he was in the flesh---If you want to be GOD be prepared to give up that body- and maybe to your sad surprise once you toss away the mortal shell ..A disturbing thing could happen- the atheists might have been right- AND YOU WILL NOT EXIST...

So go ahead and be god......it may be dangerous....cos' no one really knows for sure if you will exist or not....I knew this tough guy- kind of eccentric and had a mental disorder called skitsofreenia...could never spell that word- He decided one day to be God- He was God for a week...I asked the nut bar what it was like? He said it was the first time in his life that he felt suicidal 24 hours a day............................

I believe we are human and we submit- we will never be our father and our father will never be us- It's called ORDER - or chain of command----Satan gave it a shot- and it ended badly for him- He regrets the notion to this day.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:20 AM

What was that- my post got tangled up in technohell- It might have been an act of God - seeing that I might be some sort of divine security risk...oh well- wierd.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
1. When Faithful Mormons reach the top level of heaven (theres three possible levels) , they are allegedly rewarded with becoming gods and populating on many celestrial planets ... actual sexual relations to produce more spirit children ---- One of the many absurd non Christian teachings that come from their extraneous tradition sources. Do a google for this and other heresies.
I don't need to to a google search, 007.5. I learn the truth about LDS Church doctrines when I go to church on Sunday.

Quote:
2. There is very little harmony between the Bible and LDS doctrines . For this reason, LDS is considered a christian cult by Christian Scholars and the Christian populace because they claim to be Christian yet deny historical essential doctrines of Christianity found in the Bible : https://www.google.com/search?source...A_enUS419US419
I'm afraid you're wrong about this. You've obviously been getting your information from some very negatively biased sources. Actually, legitimate Christian scholars may take issue with certain LDS teachings, but don't consider the LDS to be a cult. It's the lay Christian (most frequently evangelical) that does, and it's because so there is so much misinformation out there on what Mormonism actually teaches.

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-11-2012 at 10:37 AM..

Old 06-11-2012, 10:28 AM

Not often I laugh with such joy at myself....What a joke I am- how can I take myself seriously? Such a cosmic clown- I guess when you make YOURSELF laugh at yourself- You are god for a moment...Any one wanting to be God for the day better go to the mirror and have a good laugh...COS that's as close as you are going to get. I am sure God sits in his throne and laughs till he loses control...and God has one honest thought- He knows and says it aloud "I am an idiot" - God must be - just look what he made -----------------------us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality