Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 12:13 PM

707 posts, read 687,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Nah. It was laughable for men to fly at one time too, or go to the moon. The only limit to the human race is our imagination and our tool-making capability at any given time in history.
Good luck with this one. Re-create the universe and life. Lots of luck to ya. Now talk about deception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 01:06 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,774,637 times
Quote:
Lucky for you, evolution allows species change over time, so maybe in a few million years future humans won't be apes.
Macro evolution has NEVER been proven and it even goes against established laws of science. It is a mantra that has brainwashed many over the last couple of centuries by a 19th century zealous man who didnt even own a micron microscope . The pop mantra that 'we came from an accidental one celled pond protozoa' which ultimately gave us all forms of life including a human brain that the worlds top scientists cant begin to duplicate (yet blind random unpurposed accidents could...lol..) is a fairy tale for arrogant adults -- an excuse to make Oneself 'god' . Humans never were Apes and a Cow never was a Whale ... this fraud is pure speculation, absurd opinion, and really rediculous. In fact, mankind isnt evolving, but DEvolving back to the behaviour of Forest Animals. End.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:20 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Macro evolution has NEVER been proven and it even goes against established laws of science. It is a mantra that has brainwashed many over the last couple of centuries by a 19th century zealous man who didnt even own a micron microscope . The pop mantra that 'we came from an accidental one celled pond protozoa' which ultimately gave us all forms of life including a human brain that the worlds top scientists cant begin to duplicate (yet blind random unpurposed accidents could...lol..) is a fairy tale for arrogant adults -- an excuse to make Oneself 'god' . Humans never were Apes and a Cow never was a Whale ... this fraud is pure speculation, absurd opinion, and really rediculous. In fact, mankind isnt evolving, but DEvolving back to the behaviour of Forest Animals. End.
Wrong, of course and you obviously don't understand evolutionary theory either, as usual. There are umpteen evolution debate threads on the forum and I'm not gonna rehash them here...

...but 6 years of university anthropology classes were a whole lot more convincing to me than Sunday school. Come back and talk to me about evoution whey you've finished your anthropology degree so we can be on more "equal terms" to debate the subject.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:37 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,869 times
"For He was made man that we might be made God."

- Athansios of Alexandria

Old 10-01-2017, 05:44 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,369,063 times
Quote:
I've never really thought too deeply on this subject but another post made me wonder why it's generally considered high-level heresy and even "of the devil" for men to even presume they can become gods?

So why is that? If god is the father and we are god's children, why would god not want us to grow up and be like him (i.e. like the Mormons believe)?

Just for the record, I think men are destined to become "gods"... through the power of science. One day, science and technology will allow humanity to do everything the biblical god is described as doing. There might not be a god today, but provided we don't do something stupid as a species and kill ourselves off, perhaps there will be.
Idolatry is the sin of making things into gods when everything already is God.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:48 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Idolatry is the sin of making things into gods when everything already is God.
You say "everything already is God." I say that's just about the biggest insult anyone could make against God. There is so much evil in the world today. I don't believe anything evil is God.

It was nice to see Chango's name again, though. I miss him.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:03 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
I've never really thought too deeply on this subject but another post made me wonder why it's generally considered high-level heresy and even "of the devil" for men to even presume they can become gods?

So why is that? If god is the father and we are god's children, why would god not want us to grow up and be like him (i.e. like the Mormons believe)?

Just for the record, I think men are destined to become "gods"... through the power of science. One day, science and technology will allow humanity to do everything the biblical god is described as doing. There might not be a god today, but provided we don't do something stupid as a species and kill ourselves off, perhaps there will be.
yeah, whatever we evolve to, humans might consider god like. So far past them they can't understand. i am actually predicting the next step in 200 years or less.

The reverse example is; I don't understand what chimpanzees are doing either.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:10 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, whatever we evolve to, humans might consider god like. So far past them they can't understand. i am actually predicting the next step in 200 years or less.

The reverse example is; I don't understand what chimpanzees are doing either.
Yours is the best answer so far. Who knows what we might become capable of doing or being and if we need to improve the species (I have a short Alphabetical list of eliminations to improve the stock. Guess what "C" is?). It is is pointless for those who say we can never match what God hath dome, because there is no valid reason to suppose that God exists to have dunneth anything. So in a way, we have already become pretty godlike in technology, at least. But there is far too much of Pithecanthropus about us, still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14L2tVYNPZg

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-01-2017 at 12:22 PM..

Old 10-01-2017, 11:59 PM

11,024 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Macro evolution has NEVER been proven and it even goes against established laws of science.
Which established laws of science would those be?
Would you care to show us where and how it goes against those established laws of science?
Thanks.

Oh yes, you say NEVER been proven? Care to exand on that?

Old 10-02-2017, 01:38 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Which established laws of science would those be?
Would you care to show us where and how it goes against those established laws of science?
Thanks.

Oh yes, you say NEVER been proven? Care to exand on that?
Their last post was in 2012. Wasn't there some Mayan event supposed to occur then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality