Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 10:13 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No, he didn't. Man is responsible for our own sin.
Let's do this logically:

God made it possible for man to sin by creating the Tree in the Garden of Eden. Given that God is all-knowing, we can proceed on the premise that God already knew what would eventually take place regarding Eve and the Tree.

Since God knew what was about to happen, and took no action to stop it, God deliberately set Adam and Eve up for expulsion from the Garden.

I'll say that again:

Since God was, in effect, taking advantage of Adam and Eve's ignorance, it's by God's own deliberate choice that Eve ate the apple and was expelled.

Given the above,the only thing man is 'responsible for' is letting himself get suckered.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:57 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
We've been over this I don't know how many times. God commanded them to execute judgment, not murder. They were killed because they had sinned against God. Same with the Egyptians. They sinned and deserved it.
Tell me, Vizio . . . WHY would our Almighty, all-powerful God NEED humans to enforce His judgments and executions??? Is HE actually IMPOTENT???
I am curious about your answer to this as well, Vizio:
Quote:
As I said--yes, God required animal sacrifices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
< paces impatiently, awaiting Vizio's answer>
Ditto!

Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Tell me, Vizio . . . WHY would our Almighty, all-powerful God NEED humans to enforce His judgments and executions??? Is HE actually IMPOTENT???
Hope you're not holding your breath.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:42 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
As I said--yes, God required animal sacrifices. The other religions copied it.
What???? Are you claiming that no religion before 2500 years ago practiced animal sacrifice?

Quote:
No, he didn't. Man is responsible for our own sin.
Who (allegedly) created everything? Your Yahweh wasn't it? Well that makes your Yahweh responsible for everything. That's the absolute bugger about being Omnimax...you can't pass the buck to someone else.

Last edited by Rafius; 05-16-2013 at 11:53 PM..

Old 05-17-2013, 12:48 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
If I wanted to kill somebody but didn't have the sanctioning to do it, all I have to do is use the Bible, and any one of the many excuses it provides. That's how Jesus was killed. The Pharisees and others looked to the Bible for all the sanctioning and excuses they needed to put Jesus to death. The Bible is a terror manifesto. It gives the user the power to kill anybody they want in the name of "God". Killing in the name of God is the name of the game.
If anyone wanted to kill anyone then any reason then settled on would be sufficient for them. It's not the book, it's the reader of it.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:40 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Because his makes sense.
Thankfully you're not God.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
What???? Are you claiming that no religion before 2500 years ago practiced animal sacrifice?
I certainly never said that, no.
Quote:
Who (allegedly) created everything? Your Yahweh wasn't it? Well that makes your Yahweh responsible for everything. That's the absolute bugger about being Omnimax...you can't pass the buck to someone else.
So you're whining about having a choice? Really?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I certainly never said that, no.
Sure you did! Post 13 said "The bible has stories describing how the Christian God also needed animal sacrifices for many generations. It is NOT only other Gods who wanted bulls, goats, and chickens."

Your reply to that in post 14 was that the other religions copied your god.

That implies that there was no animal sacrifices before your god started having them and when he did, the other religions started to have them.

Quote:
So you're whining about having a choice? Really?
What has that to do with the creator being responsible for what he creates? If I create a faulty car and I know that it's faulty, then I give it to you and say that you have a choice whether or not you drive it; you decide to drive it and the fault that I was aware of causes a crash that kills you. Who do you think should be held responsible?

Last edited by Rafius; 05-17-2013 at 10:24 AM..

Old 05-17-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Sure you did! Post 14 said "The bible has stories describing how the Christian God also needed animal sacrifices for many generations. It is NOT only other Gods who wanted bulls, goats, and chickens."

Your reply to that was that other religions copied your god
I'm confused how you seem to think I'm saying that animal sacrifices were a new thing 2500 years ago. People have been making sacrifices to YHWH for long before that.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I'm confused how you seem to think I'm saying that animal sacrifices were a new thing 2500 years ago. People have been making sacrifices to YHWH for long before that.
You implied that before your Hebrew war god started to sacrifice animals, other religions were not sacrificing animals, hence your statement that the other religions copied Yahweh. If the other religions were sacrificing animals BEFORE Yahweh, then it would be a case of Yahweh copying them right...not them copying Yahweh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality