Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 02:33 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
We won't want to because of why? Because we will no longer have a sinful nature? Why not just create us in the first place without that sinful nature?
Yes---we are regenerated by the blood of Christ. We are in the presence of God and we will see the goodness of Him. We won't want to.

Ultimately, God's goodness is demonstrated by the fact that he redeems us. His greatness and holiness is demonstrated by the fact that he punishes the guilty.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:58 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,695,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yes---we are regenerated by the blood of Christ. We are in the presence of God and we will see the goodness of Him. We won't want to.

Ultimately, God's goodness is demonstrated by the fact that he redeems us. His greatness and holiness is demonstrated by the fact that he punishes the guilty.
You forget the possibility of, say a Charles Manson, to repent on his death bed. This would prevent him from being punished for the mulititude of "sins" he committed in his life. Your god isn't just a all, in this case.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:58 PM

588 posts, read 796,670 times
Quote:

Since heaven is an eternity and life on earth is not even a speck of time, I don't understand the need for having people live for a speck of time and then mostly be punished forever. If I created 1 million robots and none of them were capable of following my instructions, there comes a point when I should no longer blame the robots. And later, if I can then make a few of the special selected robots able to please me for eternity, I could have done it from the beginning.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
We won't want to because of why? Because we will no longer have a sinful nature? Why not just create us in the first place without that sinful nature?
That wouldn't be any fun for God.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:24 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Since heaven is an eternity and life on earth is not even a speck of time, I don't understand the need for having people live for a speck of time and then mostly be punished forever. If I created 1 million robots and none of them were capable of following my instructions, there comes a point when I should no longer blame the robots. And later, if I can then make a few of the special selected robots able to please me for eternity, I could have done it from the beginning.
Ultimately it shows God to be infinitely Holy, and infinitely merciful. You can be among the forgiven if you trust Christ.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:26 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
His greatness and holiness is demonstrated by the fact that he punishes the guilty.
Wait. God's greatness is demonstrated that he would punish, say, Gandhi? (Since Gandhi wasn't a Christian.) God's holiness is demonstrated if he sends Gandhi to hell?

Old 05-17-2013, 03:29 PM

588 posts, read 796,670 times
Quote:
Ultimately it shows God to be infinitely Holy, and infinitely merciful. You can be among the forgiven if you trust Christ.
You can't call someone who sends people to be tortured with no end "infinitely merciful". You're smarter than that and I mean that as a compliment. That someone would be called infinitely merciless.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wait. God's greatness is demonstrated that he would punish, say, Gandhi? (Since Gandhi wasn't a Christian.) God's holiness is demonstrated if he sends Gandhi to hell?
Or forgive and reward an Adolph Hitler if he were to repent before he died?

Old 05-17-2013, 03:30 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
This post gave me a flashback to something I created for myself a few years ago: an obstacle course. I forgot about it until now tbh. My ego is attached to the feeling of overcoming challenges because it enjoys the feeling of "hard earned" victory. There was a time when everything in my life felt like smooth sailing and it all felt too easy and I said in my heart, "I want challenges to overcome." And challenges I did receive. :/ This year was all challenge. Lol and yes, I overcame and everyone around me knows it was a "hard earned victory". But now I say in my heart, "I want to enjoy my next two years".

There is strife in the world. We create it. But life is pretty simple and I feel a great connection to Solomon in Ecclesiastes for this very reason.
I missed this post earlier...I luv it!
Xxoo Miss Hepburn

Old 05-17-2013, 03:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Amazon john,
I am not a researcher...I am working with a small screen on my Smartphone...but I did go back,as if I have the time!,
And found my post on pg 3 #25...then your post #26.
I thought , What? I don't recall calling a 'generation delusional'?
Doesn't even sound like me...I am at a loss...I do know it is easy to confuse other peoples' posts.
I will be the first to admit a mistake. I'm finding no double standard asking for respect not to suggest I am delusional.

Only a young person, usually brought up with different standards and values as I was subject to, or an angry person would not respect a woman's request for a modicum of respect.

Now with that said I have to go back, if I can find the time, and actually read what you said about the issue at hand...might take awhile.

It was about prayer being answered or not not praying correctly....I will go back and re-read it in a bit.

In the meantime if you care to find where I said generations were delusional...have at it...but I sure don't remember it.
And if I did...it still would be quite different than implying someone themself was "delusional"...I find that rude and distasteful...a personal slap...I don't do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality