Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 07:27 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
...And I have had many Divine Visitations thoughout my life...I don't know why.
Perhaps he cares for you more than he cares for the starving children in Africa.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:41 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Perhaps he cares for you more than he cares for the starving children in Africa.
Snide remarks serve no purpose in mature discussion or discovery.

As far as discussion...a better way to approach sharing of ideas or beliefs is
"Why do you have these experiences, Miss H, while there are starving children...could you
reconcile these extremes for us. Bec, I for one don't get it."

Do you see the difference in approach and how a person could then respond thinking they were
talking to a person and not a brickwall?

I'm sorry, when I am spoken to maturely without attitude...I. respond freely....but it doesn't
appear you really care about what I say as long as you can make you attitude known.

If I am wrong, please correct me, Rafius.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:44 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,530 times
"Life Is In The Blood"....

God first Sacrificed the life Blood of Animals
in the covering of man's nakedness beneath their hides.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
It's because they belong to a 'blood cult' and blood cults just can't get enough blood.
It certainly seems that way...blood blood blood!
Geeze....funny they don't see that....that is just my opinion...my opinion is not going to change anyone.

Where does all this talk of BLOOD come from???
Blood blood blood!

Old 05-18-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Snide remarks serve no purpose in mature discussion or discovery.

As far as discussion...a better way to approach sharing of ideas or beliefs is
"Why do you have these experiences, Miss H, while there are starving children...could you
reconcile these extremes for us. Bec, I for one don't get it."

Do you see the difference in approach and how a person could then respond thinking they were
talking to a person and not a brickwall?
You consider it 'snide' I don't. It is your opinion and as you said in post 84...'your opinion isn't going to change anyone'...least of all me. I am what I am, 'warts an' all'. Take it or leave it!

Old 05-18-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
"Life Is In The Blood"....

God first Sacrificed the life Blood of Animals
in the covering of man's nakedness beneath their hides.
I appreciate your answer. It is a good scholarly reason for the first blood shed.
Thank you.

I must say, however, it "says" in that book that that is what happened.
It may or may not have happened that way, in my humble opinion.

If it did, and it may have indeed, it doesn't explain to my satisfaction why blood sacrifices
were carried on..right thru to Jesus.

Sometimes, I wonder if God just shook His head and said, "These young minds think I like this...ok,
I'll let them do this for awhile."

Like the cat that drops the dead bird at the front door.
We shake our head bec that is just their little brains at work, bless their little hearts.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
You consider it 'snide' I don't. It is your opinion and as you said in post 84...'your opinion isn't going to change anyone'...least of all me.I am what I am, 'warts an' all'. Take it or leave it!
If given the choice, you can probably guess which I will choose.
I like decorum, gentlemanliness, diplomacy , finesse and kindness in any disagreement.
So there you have it.

I'll scroll past any direct posts aimed at me then...so be it.
Take care, though...I wish you only the best.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
If given the choice, you can probably guess which I will choose.
I like decorum, gentlemanliness, diplomacy , finesse and kindness in any disagreement.
So there you have it.

I'll scroll past any direct posts aimed at me then...so be it..
As you wish...but they'll still be there.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:53 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We are waiting for your answer, pastor Vizio. Enlighten and inspire us.
Also . . . WHY would our Almighty, all-powerful God NEED humans to enforce His judgments and executions??? Is HE actually IMPOTENT??? I am curious about your answer to this as well, Vizio:
Because there is no forgiveness without the shedding of blood (Hebrews 9:22). The first sacrifice ever made was God killing an animal to provide skins for Adam and Eve after they sinned.
Quote:
These posts present an utterly irrational set of premises that I simply cannot reconcile in any way. Can you untangle them for me? If God controls everything and is responsible for everything . . . How could human beings have any responsibility for anything? How can a predestined human being ever be guilty of what he is predestined for? Why would a predestined human being be punished for what he is predestined to do? In fact . . . How can a predestined human being have ANY choices at all?
If God sends everyone to hell, or saves everyone....where is his sovereignty in the matter? He has no freedom to make a choice of who is saved. God is sovereign though, and he does elect some to salvation.

Having said that, how does free will require the ability to choose more than 1 thing? If there is only one choice--and that is the choice I make....what difference does it make if there are not more choices? We are still responsible for our actions.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:03 AM

99 posts, read 107,858 times
Just god never wanted any of the over 600 laws or comandments the chidren of isreal beg and pleaded moses to go before god to request rules to govern their flesh be cause they saw the gentile nations had sacrifices laws governing their lifes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality