Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2007, 04:05 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
OK, I just posted in a new thread and subscribed to it....but this one doesn't count, because it's an emergency.....I Love the Bears has started a thread in Relationships called My Best Friend.....ya'all go read it and give some encouragement too, OK? This is what friends are for....

( Can I even do this, talk about another thread in this one?) Hope I don't get thumped or red-dotted....
I have a plan.

For each hour you spend doing something productive (you need an egg timer for this to keep track) you can then earn one hour to spend on CD. You only spend the time you earn here so therefore it is not an addiction it is a reward.

How's that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 04:10 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,032,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
DH has reported the dreams have just started...they are not bad dreams just really vivid and a little weirder than usual....like dreaming about a new house only this time it was made out of candy! He also said that each time he smokes he is getting a funny taste in his mouth and not finishing the cigarettes all the way...this is day 4...so it sounds good so far. No other side effects so far. Did I mention that DH is a total med baby?

All in all I think this so far seems easier to me than nicotine replacement (which is what I did, because I had no idea this drug existed then) and I'm kind of jealous actually.

Aiangel did you do it yet?
Thanks Irishmom, I'm a sleep freak I take lunesta because I can not fall asleep, I have been on a drug before that gave me vivid dreams, not bad, like you said, just vivid. I'm glad to have all of these testers before I take the plunge. Sounds like chantix might be my golden ticket

This is a great thread and I am glad to be here. OK quick synopsis:

Quit a job after 5 years of terrible, degrading working owners...Lost my Mom May 14th, been suffering with severe weight loss, fluid in my ears, depression, severe stress and severe IBS. Now after 6 weeks, gained 4 lbs, no anxiety meds, ears are better and IBS is under control. Quitting smoking is near the top of my list. Getting stronger and healthier is first and I know I have to quit, but I still like it most of the time and that is really hard.

Thanks everyone!!!
TAS

Old 11-08-2007, 04:17 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Quote:
Thanks, Blue...and ((gently said)) could you please call me by my whole name, and not 'Mac.'? Thanks....DM me if you want to know why...
OOOPs, soo sorry, Macrina, I edited that post and I did go to relationship and make a post and am headed to the prayer requests now...

Old 11-08-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Thanks Irishmom, I'm a sleep freak I take lunesta because I can not fall asleep, I have been on a drug before that gave me vivid dreams, not bad, like you said, just vivid. I'm glad to have all of these testers before I take the plunge. Sounds like chantix might be my golden ticket

This is a great thread and I am glad to be here. OK quick synopsis:

Quit a job after 5 years of terrible, degrading working owners...Lost my Mom May 14th, been suffering with severe weight loss, fluid in my ears, depression, severe stress and severe IBS. Now after 6 weeks, gained 4 lbs, no anxiety meds, ears are better and IBS is under control. Quitting smoking is near the top of my list. Getting stronger and healthier is first and I know I have to quit, but I still like it most of the time and that is really hard.

Thanks everyone!!!
TAS
I'm not advocating smoking here. But I am advocating sanity. Get yourself in order before you add a new stressor to the mix. Stress is as damaging as smoking so get ready for when you can quit instead of stressing over that you should. Start some exercise (will help with sleep and stress (and increase your energy), really it does...I know it doesn't sound right I didn't believe it either...but it does) and get on a healthy diet (high fiber, good fats will help you control the IBS as well as being good for you) then quit. Even if it's another 6 months from now in the long run that isn't going to hurt your lungs more than you have already damaged them, assuming you don't have any current lung disease diagnosed. Keep plugged in here though because seeing others do it will give you encouragement and when you are ready we will be here to push you.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:31 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Quote:

Be PrOuD oF yOu! We ArE!!!!
Thanks irishmom. Been a long day and that was nice to see.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
I'm not advocating smoking here. But I am advocating sanity. Get yourself in order before you add a new stressor to the mix. Stress is as damaging as smoking so get ready for when you can quit instead of stressing over that you should. Start some exercise (will help with sleep and stress (and increase your energy), really it does...I know it doesn't sound right I didn't believe it either...but it does) and get on a healthy diet (high fiber, good fats will help you control the IBS as well as being good for you) then quit. Even if it's another 6 months from now in the long run that isn't going to hurt your lungs more than you have already damaged them, assuming you don't have any current lung disease diagnosed. Keep plugged in here though because seeing others do it will give you encouragement and when you are ready we will be here to push you.
Thanks so much IM!!! I started back on my pilates on Monday, wow, I thought it wasn't working anymore and was going to sell it. Glad I didn't. Careful with the fiber due to irritation but eating more and eating better. No problems due to smoking. Clean bill of health a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you so much, this means a lot to me!!

Old 11-08-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
OK, I just posted in a new thread and subscribed to it....but this one doesn't count, because it's an emergency.....I Love the Bears has started a thread in Relationships called My Best Friend.....ya'all go read it and give some encouragement too, OK? This is what friends are for....

( Can I even do this, talk about another thread in this one?) Hope I don't get thumped or red-dotted....
I just subscribed to that, now stop it, you must control the cravings Mac

Old 11-08-2007, 04:39 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Question Where's angel?

Well, we still haven't heard from angel today! Do you think that pill did her in? Should we go looking for her

Old 11-08-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Thanks irishmom. Been a long day and that was nice to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Thank you so much, this means a lot to me!!
You are both so welcome!

Old 11-08-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Well, we still haven't heard from angel today! Do you think that pill did her in? Should we go looking for her
Naaah! She probably just had a lot of meetings or something, maybe a hangover from her birthday party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality