Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 07:54 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So we all have our issues with proof....For instance, my cousin Dr. Richard Berry (you can probably find him on the listing at the Indianapolis University in PA), he was a professor of physics a scientist ...You would never find him diddling away his time on forums such as this....
That made absolutely no sense do you know that? I doubt you'd find him diddling away at all, considering the only mention of a Dr. Richard Berry I can find comes from a commencement folder in 1973, in which he was the chairman of the department. Searching the faculty list and the school site itself, I come across no mentions of him. So he likely retired decades ago. I get the feeling you just grabbed some obscure name online assuming I would not take the time to look it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 09:06 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default Damn Them all to heck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
The Flood of Noah and the Flood of Gilgamesh
by Frank Lorey, M.A.

"There have been numerous flood stories identified from ancient sources scattered around the world.4
Agreed, aw! But... but... we're endlessly assured that it's such a cute story, and that it fills in all those unbelievable (but wholly illiterate...) concepts brought by us damned atheists, with our (claimed-to-be...) ugly, unhappy and savage lives of pure desperation and despair! Oh whoa is us, huh?

Versus what the Christians of The Glorious Word of Our God! celebrate! PTL! Glory to God in the Highest!

Yada yada yada.

And so beware, all our precious children of The Silly Sunday School Curricula..), to NOT have an ultimate handy-savior at your beck and call. Even if that story always fails with such EPIC CLARITY & NONSENSE...!

Old 09-03-2013, 11:33 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
That made absolutely no sense do you know that?
I think that was an attempt to claim that because Scientist Richie wouldn't diddle on internet forums, no scientist would diddle on internet forums. Thus no one on this thread could be a scientist.

It tells us something about Scientist Richie. Nothing else.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:18 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think that was an attempt to claim that because Scientist Richie wouldn't diddle on internet forums, no scientist would diddle on internet forums.

And if you think about, the an early internet use was usenet, the precursor to email and all these forums, created and used by scientists in academia, and spread across the scientific community for communicating sharing ideas.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think that was an attempt to claim that because Scientist Richie wouldn't diddle on internet forums, no scientist would diddle on internet forums. Thus no one on this thread could be a scientist.

I am one semester away from a degree in environmental science, so he is dead wrong there .

Old 09-03-2013, 04:01 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
I am one semester away from a degree in environmental science, so he is dead wrong there .
Bugs and Bunnies. eh?

Old 09-07-2013, 08:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
That made absolutely no sense do you know that? I doubt you'd find him diddling away at all, considering the only mention of a Dr. Richard Berry I can find comes from a commencement folder in 1973, in which he was the chairman of the department. Searching the faculty list and the school site itself, I come across no mentions of him. So he likely retired decades ago. I get the feeling you just grabbed some obscure name online assuming I would not take the time to look it up.
He has retired, he is close to 90....He also worked for NASA and the CIA...He is my grandmother's first cousin and attended her funeral, that's how obscure he is...My point was all these pseudo-scientists on here claiming vast amounts of knowledge that is not from their own empirical research but offer up someone else's work as proof...I see this in the sciences and the religions...I am not someone who believes that if one writes a paper and that one is a religious scholar or a scientist that one must be imparting accurate information...

Old 09-07-2013, 08:34 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:

Associates, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorates?...

Old 09-07-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
He has retired, he is close to 90....He also worked for NASA and the CIA...He is my grandmother's first cousin and attended her funeral, that's how obscure he is...My point was all these pseudo-scientists on here claiming vast amounts of knowledge that is not from their own empirical research but offer up someone else's work as proof...I see this in the sciences and the religions...I am not someone who believes that if one writes a paper and that one is a religious scholar or a scientist that one must be imparting accurate information...
That's pretty funny since you do the same yourself . How do you know anyones background in here? I'm pretty sure many people in here actually have scientific backgrounds, and are more qualified than you to speak on these subjects. And in academia, you constantly reference other peoples work. No ones research is ever based on just their own thought. It's always built upon other things.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Associates, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorates?...
Richard if I got a certificate from the my book on forest ecology, I would still be more qualified than you are .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality