Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2015, 06:43 PM

2,779 posts, read 2,672,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
That would be scary and concerning - if I thought Hell was real.
you think Hell is not real but do not know and that is the scary.

based on what you think Hell is not real.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Hey, at least you are honest.

There's a theory that says a person's god = a person's ego. So if a person's god is a bully, it is likely that said person is also a bully.
accepting theory and ignoring fact,
Calamitous is the exchange

Old 05-18-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Including wicked babies, toddlers and the mentally handicapped. All deserved death.
they will not be in Hell

Old 05-18-2015, 08:07 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,695,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
"And answering, Jesus said to them, "Those who are sound have no need of a physician, but those who have an illness" (Luk_5:31).

You can't always judge Lot by his actions toward the rape mob especially since that was standard protocol among the nations back then. Today we are incensed by it. Back then it was standard operating procedure.

But the point is not that Lot was evil but that the world of Noah's day was very wicked and God had to do something about it.
And you wonder why people make "smart arse remarks" about those who believe the Bible stories.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:31 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,695,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is the veil of ignorance over reading the OT that Jesus came to lift. It is why Christ's demonstration needed to be so dramatic and unambiguous. God IS agape love and Jesus displayed it in all its perfection . . . loving even His torturers and murderers. It is only the perversion of men that corrupted His Good News Gospel of a God who IS agape love into a barbaric blood sacrifice to appease the wrathful God of the OT. It is a travesty.
Is turning over vendor tables considered as displaying agape love? Is advising his followers to forsake their families considered displaying agape love? Jesus was the first to mention Hell in the Bible and the everlasting place of punishment for sinners. Is this considered displaying agape love? As Bertrand Russell put it,
"There is one very serious defect to my mind in Christ's moral character, and that is that He believed in hell. I do not myself feel that any person who is really profoundly humane can believe in everlasting punishment. Christ certainly as depicted in the Gospels did believe in everlasting punishment, and one does find repeatedly a vindictive fury against those people who would not listen to His preaching—an attitude which is not uncommon with preachers, but which does somewhat detract from superlative excellence. You do not, for instance find that attitude in Socrates. You find him quite bland and urbane toward the people who would not listen to him; and it is, to my mind, far more worthy of a sage to take that line than to take the line of indignation. "

These, along with the Bible Jesus' refusal to denounce slavery shows that he wasn't very moral person, one certainly not worthy of worship. At best he was an apathetic passive person, dangerously advocating the forgiving of acts as despicable as rape and murder.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Lot was willing to toss his daughters to the rape-mob to prevent harm to his guests (the angels). Quite the father of the year we have there.

here is correct interpretation
And his people came rushing towards him, and since aforetime they used to commit crimes (sodomy),
he said: "O my people! Here are my daughters (i.e. the women of the nation), they are purer for you (if you marry them lawfully).
So fear Allah and degrace me not with regard to my guests! Is there not among you a single right-minded man?" The Holy Quran 11.78

Quote:
I'd suspect tossing your daughters to a rape mob counts as a form of sexual
deviancy. His daughters also got Lot drunk and used him to impregnate them
later...which is another form of sexual deviancy. So, we have sexual deviants
who have escaped the city. They were, however, reverent and polite to their
guests (the angels).
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...19&version=NIV
The Bible contains things not true and I considered that one of the main reasons for the disbelieve

but there will be no excuse accepted for the disbelievers in the day of Resurrection because the final Holy Book The Holy Quran
is saved from human words.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:10 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,354,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
here is correct interpretation
And his people came rushing towards him, and since aforetime they used to commit crimes (sodomy),
he said: "O my people! Here are my daughters (i.e. the women of the nation), they are purer for you (if you marry them lawfully).
So fear Allah and degrace me not with regard to my guests! Is there not among you a single right-minded man?" The Holy Quran 11.78

The Bible contains things not true and I considered that one of the main reasons for the disbelieve

but there will be no excuse accepted for the disbelievers in the day of Resurrection because the final Holy Book The Holy Quran
is saved from human words.
Well...somebody needs to get a butt-whoopin'. That's like typing a news article about Michael Jordan and inadvertently typing SERIAL MURDERER as the headline, rather than GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER?

That's one heck of a typo, ain't it?

Old 05-18-2015, 09:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
I wonder if any of those ancient editors/scribes/tranlators had an inkling of the trouble they were going to cause down the doctrinal road?

I suspect they were all oblivious - to their own errors, and the ones which preceded them. And thus had no idea of the chaos and horror those tumbling dominoes of myths, fibs, speculations and re-creations would cause.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:59 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,354,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
you think Hell is not real but do not know and that is the scary.

based on what you think Hell is not real.?
Shirina can answer for herself...but I'm more sure there's no hell than I am that I won't get struck by lightning seven times...because that has happened before, but I've never witnessed an alternate dimension that might be a hell before. I don't know how it would exist. I don't know what we know exists that points to its existence.

Last edited by Clintone; 05-18-2015 at 10:41 PM..

Old 05-18-2015, 10:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Please explain to this child how hell isn't here and now.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality